2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

And no to Gio Part II here, please, for the love of God.  I don't care if the money is reasonable.  No more dipping into the ex-Devil well. 

Exactly, he's been invisible. But I definitely see Lou signing him in the offseason. No way he lets a former Devil like Gionta go unsigned. Gio will be our "major signing" this year. I see it coming :doh1:

I know it's the 'script' that Lou signs Gionta and it was rumored he tried to trade for him this year...but good god, did he even have ANY big moment in this playoffs?  He was basically Ryder-esque.

Montreal should be embarrassed though- everyone but Tokarski that is. That was a joke of an effort. The Rags don't even need showers.

The Canadiens are far from a great team. They beat the Bruins. They dramatically overachieved. They absolutely ran out of gas tonight but had a hell of a season. No shame in what happened tonight.

And no to Gio Part II here, please, for the love of God. I don't care if the money is reasonable. No more dipping into the ex-Devil well.

He must be hurt. He and Vanek.

They were absolutely invisible. I forgot Vanek was even on the team at times..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Try living on long island. They already act like they won the cup

At least you have the Isles fans out there to fight the battle with you. I'm sure Isles fans are as pissed as we are lol. Edited by MadDog2020

Try living on long island. They already act like they won the cup

yea you've got it worse out there. Rags fans are more in number out east than out west. We get annoyed...I can imagine it's infuriating out on Long Island as there are more of them than Isles fans

At least you have the Isles fans out there to fight the battle with you. I'm sure Isles fans are as pissed as we are lol.

At this point I wonder if Isles fans can show their face they've been beat down so much since 1994 or so. I mean we feel like sh!t now. Islander fans are in the depth of hell

Is it bad that I'd forgive LA for 2012 if they make the Finals and beat the Rangers this year?

The Lundqvist narrative will be quite obnoxious to hear for the next few days - he's playing great hockey, but outside of the Vanek chance did Montreal really have any dangerous scoring chances?

The Lundqvist narrative will be quite obnoxious to hear for the next few days - he's playing great hockey, but outside of the Vanek chance did Montreal really have any dangerous scoring chances?

he stopped that dump in on a line change

As much as it pains me.. I have to pull for LA. They're a much tougher matchup for the Rags and Buttman and the NHL love them the same way they do NYR..so they'll get plenty of calls going their way (which will give the Rangers fits). LA in their building will be tough to beat and they play well on the road.  If LA wins though, we'll have to hear from their legion of idiot bandwagon fans for another year.. add to the mix, Lou most likely having another uninspired offseason and it's not a fun time to be a Devils fan.

Edited by slasher72

By the way, if any of you think you have it bad on NBC/NBC Sports, in Canada CBC has Glenn Healy. Just like in 2012, he compares every situation the Rangers are in at present time to a situation they were in 1994. I mean everything.

I thought it was insufferable in 2012, but it was just as bad when the Rangers won tonight. This is about this years team, not 1994. I understand when there was nothing else to celebrate, but let this team have its moment and not talk about what Messier did or didn't do, and Matteau and everything else.

Edited by devilsrule33

By the way, if any of you think you have it bad on NBC/NBC Sports, in Canada CBC has Glenn Healy. Just like in 2012, he compares every situation the Rangers are in at present time to a situation they were in 1994. I mean everything.

I thought it was insufferable in 2012, but it was just as bad when the Rangers won tonight. This is about this years team, not 1994. I understand when there was nothing else to celebrate, but let this tema have its moment and not talk about what Messier did or didn't do, and Matteau and everything else.

There really isn't ANY comparison to 1994. No real conference finals adversity. They didn't cruise through the first two rounds as they did in 1994.

And they are the underdog in the finals

This is NOTHING like 1994

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 7m

NYR captain Ryan Callahan refuses to touch the trophy! (Callahan's wife asks what he's doing alone in the garage with the recycling bin.)

He can go **** himself for causing the trade by not re-upping with the Rangers.  Same with Yzerman for doing the St. Louis trade and now turning the carpetbagger into a hero.

There really isn't ANY comparison to 1994. No real conference finals adversity. They didn't cruise through the first two rounds as they did in 1994.

Its pretty much the polar opposite of 1994... But Rags fans are gonna Rags fans 'cause they're Rags fans.

He can go **** himself for causing the trade by not re-upping with the Rangers. Same with Yzerman for doing the St. Louis trade and now turning the carpetbagger into a hero.

At least the Rags gave up two first-rounders. Should they lose in the Finals, I'll have fun laughing at that.

There really isn't ANY comparison to 1994. No real conference finals adversity. They didn't cruise through the first two rounds as they did in 1994.

Can't stop someone from force feeding it down your throats. It's funny that NBC and CBC have Eddie and Healy respectively. Two complete non-factors on the 1994 team.

During game 6 in 2012, every second was compared to Game 6 in 1994, from the Devils early lead, and then a Soviet player scoring in the 2nd, followed by the captain tying the game...on and on it went.

Tonight it was just referencing 1994 by Healy at any chance. This is what happened in 1994. "This is what Messier did. Remember in 1994 the Devils tied it with their goalie pulled before Matteau won in OT. Messier touched the trophy in 1994. The greatest leader in all of professional sports history."

Not making any of that up. I wonder if Cory Schwab somewhere doesn't shut up about the 2003 Devils.

Can't stop someone from force feeding it down your throats. It's funny that NBC and CBC have Eddie and Healy respectively. Two complete non-factors on the 1994 team.

During game 6 in 2012, every second was compared to Game 6 in 1994, from the Devils early lead, and then a Soviet player scoring in the 2nd, followed by the captain tying the game...on and on it went.

Tonight it was just referencing 1994 by Healy at any chance. This is what happened in 1994. "This is what Messier did. Remember in 1994 the Devils tied it with their goalie pulled before Matteau won in OT. Messier touched the trophy in 1994. The greatest leader in all of professional sports history."

Not making any of that up. I wonder if Cory Schwab somewhere doesn't shut up about the 2003 Devils.

Somewhere out there, Steve Kelly is holding court and talking about the Stevens hit on Lindros and Arnott's Cup-winning goal. :P