Gdt Devils vs Senators

caron14

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok wow im excited!

1. Severson is awesome ! Greene too!

2. Brunner/Elias were our best forward tonight. Didńt hate Henrique but it didnt click with his linemates. Brunner bring a lot of speed to a slow lineup.

3. The zajac cammy and jagr line were average. Not a lot of opportunities. But jagr finds magic at the end. Cammy was noticeable ( bring speed and i felt ottawa was on the heels everytime he had the puck). Zajac is complete but dont brings a lot of upside.

4. I hate salvador. Sens fans were laughning at him.

5. Thank god we have schneider! No way we would have won with clemmensen. ( ottawa fans are jealous of corey.

6. We look tired in the third... 2 games +2 nights + old team....

7. Josefson was great. Gionta was ok, ruutu was awful...

8. I love our D but i believe we need offensive punch... Qualities instead of quantities . ( ryder, clowe were doing fvcking nothing.)

I had a great experience! Memories for a long time!

BTW, am I the only one who thinks Greene has been bad?

I'd agree, he hasn't shown up at all. It's been all Gelinas, Merrill and Severson, and then Salvador and Zidlicky looking questionable. No idea what Greene's ice time has been but he hasn't been any kind of a factor IMO.

I'd agree, he hasn't shown up at all. It's been all Gelinas, Merrill and Severson, and then Salvador and Zidlicky looking questionable. No idea what Greene's ice time has been but he hasn't been any kind of a factor IMO.

Greene has lead in ice time almost every game. Tonight Severson had the lead with over 27 minutes. The kid is a big number eater already.

Also, as predicted, Sal's ice time has continued to fall. Only 16 minutes tonight.

According to TSN:

Severson 27:31, Greene 22:44, Zidlicky 21:17, Merrill 21:00, Gelinas 18:55, Salvador 16:11.

Greene has lead in ice time almost every game. Tonight Severson had the lead with over 27 minutes. The kid is a big number eater already.

Also, as predicted, Sal's ice time has continued to fall. Only 16 minutes tonight.

According to TSN:

Severson 27:31, Greene 22:44, Zidlicky 21:17, Merrill 21:00, Gelinas 18:55, Salvador 16:11.

That's shocking to me, I barely noticed Greene at all tonight. Edited by mfitz804

Thank goodness for Severson and Schneider. I need some stats inc or ESB to find the last time a rookie defenseman played 27 minutes within his first 10 games in the NHL.

Going off this search from Hockey-Reference's play index, it looks like Seth Jones last year when he cracked the 27 minute mark in his 7th and 8th games (his Game Log). Good company.

Thank goodness for Severson and Schneider. I need some stats inc or ESB to find the last time a rookie defenseman played 27 minutes within his first 10 games in the NHL.

Irony of ironies...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8476457&view=log&season=20112012#&navid=nhl-keymatch

Not 27 minutes but a bunch that were close enough...and Severson's 27 did include a five-minute OT period.

Edited by NJDevs4978

According to TSN:

We had five PP's where Sal doesn't play, and two PK's out of four where Sal couldn't play cause he was IN the box.  Otherwise he'd still probably be above 20 minutes.

We had five PP's where Sal doesn't play, and two PK's out of four where Sal couldn't play cause he was IN the box. Otherwise he'd still probably be above 20 minutes.

I don't think he played at all on overtime either. I'm pretty sure this will continue to be the trend. With Severson and Merrill playing like they are, Sal will stay under 20 most nights. His inevitable injury could be the end for him.

Cory made some fantastic saves tonight. The sick person in me wanted this to go to a shootout just so we can get that monkey off our back ASAP but when you got moves like Jagr it's hard to argue with that.

My only complaint is that Salvador needs to go. He's absolutely sucks and I'm sick of him. I'd rather see Harrold in at this point.