Finish this sentence: When the 6th pick comes up the Devils will...

roomtemp

I've been hyping Marner for months, the Devils have to take him, but they should keep him in the minors next year.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the AHL wouldn't be an option for Marner, right? It's NHL or juniors?

There's literally no chance Marner gets by Toronto. No. Chance.

yes. That post y whoever like yesterday pretty much lost me any hope I had to land him. Marner was my top choice, now we just need to hope Strome would fall to us... two days fellas, awesome

...select Pavel Zacha. I don't know why, but I have a feeling we'll draft this guy. A big, physical scorer. I feel that if NJ has the choice they will go for the big scorer. Many of our smaller first round picks in recent years haven't worked out. (Tedenby, Bergfors, for example) And for that, Shero might want to take the 6'3 , 215 pound centerman. Also, Shero is familiar with big centers (Malkin), although I don't recall him being the Pens' GM when he was drafted.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the AHL wouldn't be an option for Marner, right? It's NHL or juniors?

Right. Just about any of the guys that we're supposedly taking would not be eligible for the AHL until they're 20 because of the agreement with the CHL. So its NHL or back to juniors. Hanifin would be AHL-eligible since he'd be coming from the NCAA.

I hope its not Crouse or someone we haven't discussed out of the blue like last year with Quennville. I do worry it's Crouse. I think Lou and Conte feel David Clarkson's departure really hurt the team.

Well, Lou isn't making the decisions, so at least we don't have to worry about Clarkson nostalgia from that standpoint. I'm becoming less worried that Crouse is the selection unless we trade down. My guess is that if he wants the big forward type, the preference would be for Zacha who seems to have more upside.

Quenneville wasn't really an off the radar pick. I mean, I guess you're right that no one here really thought about it, but a few mainstream mock drafts had him being picked right around 30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be as against Crouse as I was after reading this at puck daddy

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/puck-daddy-power-rankings--world-cup-young-stars-roster--nhl-draft--trading-block-171506917.html

He's comparable in one model to Bergeron, Nash and Getzlaf and more of a Lucic (when he's good) than Clarkson

I hope its not Crouse or someone we haven't discussed out of the blue like last year with Quennville. I do worry it's Crouse. I think Lou and Conte feel David Clarkson's departure really hurt the team.

Quenneville wasn't a reach at 30.