GDT: Winnipeg @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

Getting pretty much dominated. Terrific. [emoji53]

Look at the bright side. If they have the bad year I think they'll have, they'll be in play for one of the best prospects. Auston Matthews is worth it. It should be between the Coyotes, Devils, Canes and Leafs.

What is Gelinas' role? Shouldn't he be a regular at this point?

Let's give credit where credit is due. The Jets are a pretty good team. They played us very well in the neutral zone and in their end. Add that to the fact that the Devils couldn't pass to save their lives or clear their end and we were lucky to only lose by two.

There you go, a reasonable assessment of last night's game.

Your post has no content whatsoever and is just designed to provoke. It's a terrible post. But hey, if you're so upset by me, just put me on ignore.

It's just bizarre to me that Gionta is still some people's fetish. At one point this team was good and the 4th line was an issue and Gionta was on it. Now this team is probably bad and people still complain about him, it's like complaining about watered down drinks on the Titanic. He'll be gone next year.

Ok. He's still here anyway and that's a problem too. No kidding there's huge problems elsewhere on the lines. I'm paying good money to see this team and I'm tired of them throwing the little scrub on the ice. I think we can keep complaining as fans if we want to being subjected to subpar rosters for a good three years in a row now.

I didn't think our breakouts and clears were overly bad, its just that we had to do a million of them because we couldn't possess the puck offensively for 10 secs at a time.  Cam and travis still show zero chemistry. again this team needs to play "playoff intensity" hockey to stay competitive

tlusty showed some nice hands and good sense

good to have devils hockey back either way

Well I'm fine with where we're at. Two positives: We're taking a different approach and at least we're watching a bunch of young guys not playing well instead of a bunch of old guys not playing well.

Agreed. Given the player loses, ownership fiasco and our former GM refusal to rebuild over the last few years, it's going to take time to right the ship. This team obviously isn't going anywhere this season but it might at least look better once Elias comes back and all the new guys get a few games to gel. Winnipeg is a better team than they credit for and they we're playing their second game of the season.

My one gripe is that I'm already getting sick of watching Josefson in the top 6. I heard every excuse for him the last few years, from DeBoer, linemates, etc. Hes just not very good and he's old enough that I don't see it getting much better. His stick is like a wet noodle.

Look at the bright side. If they have the bad year I think they'll have, they'll be in play for one of the best prospects. Auston Matthews is worth it. It should be between the Coyotes, Devils, Canes and Leafs.

What is Gelinas' role? Shouldn't he be a regular at this point?

The league will rig it so Matthews goes to his hometown Coyotes to save the franchise. [emoji14] And yes, Gelinas should be a regular, but he's basically Marc-Andre Bergeron at this point. The coaches feel he's too much of a defensive liability, so they're sacrificing his point bomb for Schlemko. We'll see how long that lasts because this team is going to struggle to score again big time. Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Well that's a head scratcher unless Severson is sick or has a minor injury.

He'd better have or I'd be really worried about how he played last night, it was even a step back from his second half last year, which was a step back from his first ten games where he was the prodigy of the world.

He'd better have or I'd be really worried about how he played last night, it was even a step back from his second half last year, which was a step back from his first ten games where he was the prodigy of the world.

I wanted to pile on a lot of people last night [phrasing, I know] but we also have to remember its regular season game 1, and most of them played 2 maybe 3 games in the preseason.

I'll freak out after game 4 or 5...

But I do agree, he looked shaky last night.

By the way, Gelinas was the only healthy scratch to take warm ups last night, why? Was he skating in case Damon couldn't go? Also, let's remember new coaches, new systems, new everything for a 21 year old will take some time to adjust. It's one game. We know this team is bad, patience.

Can't say I love the Severson scratch, but it's not like past years where when you scratch a better player for a worse one it's a clear mistake - the Devils aren't in this to try to win every game. It's hard to play on a garbage team, and the Devils need Severson to develop and maintain good habits.  I imagine he will be back in next game regardless of what happens.

By the way, Gelinas was the only healthy scratch to take warm ups last night, why? Was he skating in case Damon couldn't go? Also, let's remember new coaches, new systems, new everything for a 21 year old will take some time to adjust. It's one game. We know this team is bad, patience.

I don't think he took warm up because he was introduced w/ Elias/Matteau etc. just before the game, and was in a suit. 

I thought it was nice touch introducing everyone including trainers equipment guys.