GDT: Jew Jersey vs The Leafs- 7:30 PM

Derlique

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Henrique and Zajac are out for more than a couple of games, oh  man...

this is a major problem and the reason we didn't win in regulation.

yeah, cory let in that softy but so did they on that glove whiff  if we need to run with patty or JJ as top centerman  we will slide!

We're doing an awful job in the faceoff circle past couple games with Zajac out and it's giving our opposition more possession and time on the puck than we've given any opposition so far this season. Not good. It's like, a faceoff in our zone pretty much means a 75% chance Toronto gets the puck and sets up again, gets some shots on. I'm not a player or a coach so I don't know how easy game-intensity faceoffs are to "work on" in practice, but it needs to be improved immediately.

Edited by DJ Eco

We're doing an awful job in the faceoff circle past couple games with Zajac out and it's giving our opposition more possession and time on the puck than we've given any opposition so far this season. Not good. It's like, a faceoff in our zone pretty much means a 75% chance Toronto gets the puck and sets up again, gets some shots on. I'm not a player or a coach so I don't know how easy game-intensity faceoffs are to "work on" in practice, but it needs to be improved immediately.

Zajac could only score 8-12 goals a season but his faceoff abilities almost wipe out the negative offensive side of him and in my eyes make him almost worth his contract.  Devils have been terrible in the circle since he went down with the injury.

Another tough game to watch but there isn't anything I don't like about Palmieri. I'll give Elias a few mores games to hit his stride before I jump on him. No doubt his shoot out skills are mostly non-existent though, he really needs to stick to his strengths and not overthink so much. That one move he does 95% of the time almost never works. Corey played really well after that tough first goal though.

Edited by NJDevils1214

Faceoffs - they're such a tiny part of the game.  They don't have people who control the puck or make plays at even strength anymore, not with both Henrique and Zajac out.  The PP was great, ES was horrendous.  It feels like any game either of those two miss the Devils will be lucky to come out with a point, because none of the bottom forwards have stepped up.  

Another tough game to watch but there isn't anything I don't like about Palmieri. I'll give Elias a few mores games to hit his stride before I jump on him. No doubt his shoot out skills are mostly non-existent though, he really needs to stick to his strengths and not overthink so much. That one move he does 95% of the time almost never works. Corey played really well after that tough first goal though.

Palmieri is Parise and Kovalchuk wrapped into one; not in the superstar sense (yet) but their skill-sets and how they were utilized during their time here.

Faceoffs - they're such a tiny part of the game.  They don't have people who control the puck or make plays at even strength anymore, not with both Henrique and Zajac out.  The PP was great, ES was horrendous.  It feels like any game either of those two miss the Devils will be lucky to come out with a point, because none of the bottom forwards have stepped up.  

Faceoffs lead to shots.

Faceoffs lead to shots.

It's just another puck battle usually followed by a series of puck battles before a shot is taken. Yeah, there's a difference between a lost face off and a won one (loss is around 0.2 shot attempts and win 0.8 or thereabouts) but the spread in face off talent is so narrow that it doesn't amount to much of a difference. 

It's just another puck battle usually followed by a series of puck battles before a shot is taken. Yeah, there's a difference between a lost face off and a won one (loss is around 0.2 shot attempts and win 0.8 or thereabouts) but the spread in face off talent is so narrow that it doesn't amount to much of a difference. 

There are always that, but would you rather have a team that is good on faceoffs or terrible on them?  What about defensive zone faceoffs late in the game where the opposing team wins it cleanly?  I would rather lower the risk than just trying to wish them away.

Elias has a bad shootout attempt, so he had a horrible game. 

LUNACY

He's not playing very well, BB.  At ES he's not doing a whole lot - then again neither is anyone else, but on the PP he refuses to shoot from the top of the umbrella which is fine now but when teams figure that out they will not give him space to pass.

Elias' vision and playmaking, especially on the powerplay, have looked world class a few times since he's been back. But his reluctancy to shoot has driven me mad.

It was a poor performance all around. Losing to that side show is embarrassing. They're honestly the only team I feel ashamed for the guys to lose to. In a time of such parity, Toronto is in a league of their own.

Elias has a bad shootout attempt, so he had a horrible game. 

LUNACY

Nah he had a horrible game, so he had a horrible game. Bad passes, giveaways. That little side/back tap-pass to the up-rushing Andy Greene during OT could've ended much worse, and there were a lot of miscued passing attempts by him in our defensive zone all night.

Edited by DJ Eco