GDT - Devils @ Penguins - 3/24/2016

NJDfan1711

5 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

In honor of DSP's assist tonight, I give you this, from a poster in the DSP-Matteau trade thread on the Canadiens' section of HF: "Matteau ****ing blows."

Neb00rs, can we make this a thing for the rest of the season? lmao We can find the best one after each DSP point.  

• Like 2

Neb00rs, can we make this a thing for the rest of the season? lmao We can find the best one after each DSP point.  
:thumbsup: Sounds good.

My personal favorite....

"DSP: Gets another point

Matteau: Almost dies

Sounds about right "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, this makes up for the last game I saw in Pittsburgh, which was a 6-1 or 6-2 loss 5 or 6 years ago. Damn.

Only game I've had the chance to make it to this year. Can't complain.

Of course had to endure the "once the Devils get a 1-0 lead it's over" bullsh!t. You just got beat by basically an AHL team and shut out AHL goalie. Get over it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerzey said:

What kind of contract do you think Palmieri gets? I'm guessing they try to lock him up for 8 years. That may be a bit much though. I'll still guess 8 years at 6 mil per. Could be something like a 6 year /6.5. 

That sounds about right.  7 or 8 years for 6 or 6.5

2 hours ago, Jerzey said:

What kind of contract do you think Palmieri gets? I'm guessing they try to lock him up for 8 years. That may be a bit much though. I'll still guess 8 years at 6 mil per. Could be something like a 6 year /6.5. 

I don't see teams always going to 8 years for important players.  He's 25.  I'm thinkink 6 million at 6 years is fair.  It takes him to 31 and then we have the chance to re-evaluate where he's at then, whether he can remain a top 6 player and whether or not he should be paid as such.  6 Million makes him the highest paid forward on the team and especially after the year he's having with the ice-time he's been given, 6m is fair and deserved.  Maybe he and his agent squeeze 6.5 out of Shero, but at 7m, I'd tell him to take a hike.  

We also have to remember that he's an RFA, not a UFA so he might be cheaper to retain.   

12 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

This guy looks and is acting like a jerk off. Some people can't handle their alcohol. 

Agreed, although someone else said he was there and was provoked. Guy behind him even knocked a beer out of his hands while he was celebrating a goal. On the flipside, yeah, when security comes down and gets involved, you should really chill out and explain your story calmly. Resisting and continuing to fight just guarantees you're getting kicked out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sundstrom said:

my bet on Palmieri is 5 x 5.5. He's going to want a chance at another big contract while he's still close to 30. while I think this year is not an abberation and he's a 25-30G guy, he's only got this year to show for it and he's RFA so he has very little leverage.

Was going to post something very similar to the above.  Think you may be a little high on the money...as much as I like what I've seen from Palmieri, he does have just one year of this kind of production (not all his fault in that he didn't get the same chance with the Ducks), and like you point out, he's a RFA and not a UFA.  But I get the feeling the Devils will roll the dice here and sign him to a pretty solid multi-year deal that can still have a chance to be cost-effective.

I sat next to a really rowdy Pens fan. Came in with a group of 5, all Pens fans except me. We got to the game about 3 minutes in thanks to the restaurant we were at losing one of our tickets. Guy starts chanting "DON'T SIT NEXT TO ME!" I decided, screw it, I'm sitting next to this guy (really had no choice since the other folks were coupled up). Made it pretty clear I was not a "Richard", and it was cool after that. Friendly rivalry, which is the way it should be.

I know there are some people who are just out looking for a fight, but if you're a sane person, and you're in that situation at an away game, just get away from it.

Edited by David Puddy
Euphemism.