GDT: Game 44 - Devils @ Flames, 9 PM, MSG+2

RunninWithTheDevil

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Right there with you my man. My daughter tried but failed to stay up long enough to watch the first period with me. Did not think when I had a girl that we'd bond over hockey, but luckily, she's awesome. 

Mine was just too spent tonight to tune in...but as I was kissing her goodnight, she said "Tell me as soon as I wake up if they won!"  

I made it through the first period, then pretty much passed out.  Sad, 10-12 years ago I would've been going out at the time that I went to sleep.  

It's funny...I remember finding out that we were going to have a baby girl (that's actually what I wanted), and wondering what she would be like as she grew up...and yeah, one of the many things I pictured was her watching Devils hockey with me...it seemed so far away at the time.  I've taken her to games and she saw others on TV prior to this year, but this is really the first season that she's really not only getting hockey, but taking a much more active interest in it.  It's more awesome than I ever could've imagined, on all levels.

Glad the Devils won...after this road trip is over, Devils get 12 out of 16 games at home.  Not expecting them to go too crazy, but that's favorable as the schedule is going to get.

We played well. I though Merrill was very good assertive (especially getting out of our zone)  That JJ played very well, all over the ice winning battles competing (hopefully he stays in the line up). Stollery was very good on pp & 5 on 5.  very calm. He had lots of folks in the stands. Maybe this is how we'll play from here on.

Catch fire, like Canes!

Anyone ever heard Dano do tom McVie imitation? (sounds just like him)

• Like 1

Just watched the game this morning.  Excellent all around effort by the Devils.  Not a fan of Josefson but he played an excellent game as did his whole line and Jon Merrill had one of his best games as a Devil.  Miles Wood looks like Clarkson 2.0 with speed to me.   He'll generate some chances for himself but he's an absolute black hole for his line mates.  

10 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

First win in Calgary in 10 years, that's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure there were a few seasons where we didn't even play in Calgary.  The NHL went with that stupid division heavy schedule for a few seasons until someone finally woke up and realized you have to have guys like Crosby play in every rink every season. 

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's funny...I remember finding out that we were going to have a baby girl (that's actually what I wanted), and wondering what she would be like as she grew up...and yeah, one of the many things I pictured was her watching Devils hockey with me...it seemed so far away at the time.  I've taken her to games and she saw others on TV prior to this year, but this is really the first season that she's really not only getting hockey, but taking a much more active interest in it.  It's more awesome than I ever could've imagined, on all levels.

Mine told me today that Hell's Bells is her favorite song because they play it in the arena at the start of the game. Which is better, having a 9 year old girl who like the Devils or who likes AC/DC??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Mine told me today that Hell's Bells is her favorite song because they play it in the arena at the start of the game. Which is better, having a 9 year old girl who like the Devils or who likes AC/DC??

I would call that WIN WIN!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I'm sure there were a few seasons where we didn't even play in Calgary.  The NHL went with that stupid division heavy schedule for a few seasons until someone finally woke up and realized you have to have guys like Crosby play in every rink every season. 

The division heavy schedule is way better than this crap. We play Vancouver almost as much as we play Boston, it's stupid. I don't think the NHL was on the verge of collapsing because Crosby didn't grace every arena with his presence every year.

It was actually the first time we'd won in regulation in that building since 2001.

• Like 1