July 2017 Devils' Development Camp Thread

Triumph

1 hour ago, '7' said:

Zacha has a very good shot. Wrist and slap. There is no reason why he can't be at least a 20 goal scorer every year for a decade. He really should be a guy that hits 30 a few years as well.

He's also very skilled with the puck, under pressure he,s very poised at the nhl level... people putting him on the 3rd and 4th line already are way premature.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

As I've been saying- COACH HIM UP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they can,...

Miles Wood looks to be on a similar course to Gelinas - Mad skills, small brain, flashes of brilliance and many frustrating & boneheaded moments.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

seems like a really likeable kid

This seems to be a huge reason they drafted this kid. Besides his physical hockey abilities and acumen, the staff has gone out of their way to praise his personality and potential leadership abilities on and off the ice. I remember seeing a video the Devils posted before the draft which highlighted the personality tests that they put these kids through. They went on at length about how the tests would give a great indication as to how the player would fit in to the organization and how they would handle themselves as a pro. 

I will admit I was originally a Patrick guy but I have been increasingly ecstatic about having Nico now instead because of these reasons. It may very well be me looking at it through Devils red glasses, but I have felt that Patrick seemingly comes across as indifferent and kind of cold. Not to say he won't be a fantastic player, but the Devils needed more than that. They needed a top player who would give this team like-ability and personality. So far they seem to have found that in Nico and some of the other young kids and I'm excited about their potential.

• Like 5

i dont know about likability but if it translates to leadership then yeah...needed a guy devils can point at and be thats our guy...but he needs to lead stats column to for that to work with nico...and/or less pressure will allow hall to go full retard haha