GDT: Jackets @ Devils - 8 Dec - 7p

jagknife

36 minutes ago, Triumph said:

The idea that Schneider should stop '4 of 5' of those is ludicrous.  If he stopped those every time he'd have a .970 save percentage.  There's going to be holes when the goalie moves and the Columbus shooters found them tonight.  Goal #2 was bad, and Goal #4 certainly wasn't great, but Columbus did a good job of moving the puck around and the shots found holes, as they'll do when the puck is moved around.

I don't have a problem with Greene's pass on goal #2, he was trying to get it to Hischier way up ice and Panarin made a nice play to stop it.  That's a pass I want Greene attempting.  Overall it was a bad night for him, but sadly the Devils really don't have anything better at all behind him, nor even the possibility of anything coming soon in their own organization.

I don't understand Boyle-Hayes on the PP either, but the Devils really don't have a lot of other guys for the PP - they should be split up if they're both going to be on the PP.  I'm hoping Palmieri coming back will end that madness but we'll see.

I don’t expect it every time on the saves. But 4 of 5 were stoppable. Cory said he was bad. He was. 

I am well aware the Devils don’t have anything necessarily better than Greene but he has been legit bad. 

And it goes without saying that Palmieri will alter the PP. My hope is that Zacha draws back in and gets a shot back there too. 

39 minutes ago, Triumph said:

The idea that Schneider should stop '4 of 5' of those is ludicrous.  If he stopped those every time he'd have a .970 save percentage.  There's going to be holes when the goalie moves and the Columbus shooters found them tonight.  Goal #2 was bad, and Goal #4 certainly wasn't great, but Columbus did a good job of moving the puck around and the shots found holes, as they'll do when the puck is moved around.

I don't have a problem with Greene's pass on goal #2, he was trying to get it to Hischier way up ice and Panarin made a nice play to stop it.  That's a pass I want Greene attempting.  Overall it was a bad night for him, but sadly the Devils really don't have anything better at all behind him, nor even the possibility of anything coming soon in their own organization.

I don't understand Boyle-Hayes on the PP either, but the Devils really don't have a lot of other guys for the PP - they should be split up if they're both going to be on the PP.  I'm hoping Palmieri coming back will end that madness but we'll see.

Schneider was a mess all game in everything he did. Fighting the puck. Slow to react. Not in control. It was an off night. 2 of those shots should've been stopped. We should've gotten a t least 1 pt out of this game.

12 minutes ago, '7' said:

Schneider was a mess all game in everything he did. Fighting the puck. Slow to react. Not in control. It was an off night. 2 of those shots should've been stopped. We should've gotten a t least 1 pt out of this game.

Schneider was solid in the first, then he reverted to his old ways because, IMO, he had zero confidence in the people in front of him, and did himself zero favors by being too head on a swivel

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He's a 20-year-old who has gotten to play in 92 NHL games already...not counting his very first game, he played in 70 out of 82 games last season, and in 21 out of 27 so far this season.  He's gotten opportunities (chances that he may not have gotten with another franchise), but so far hasn't shown a whole hell of a lot.  If he ever turns out to be such an entitled crybaby that he can't give a full effort when his number is called because his wittle feewings got hurt due to his team daring to challenge him, then seriously, fvck him.  Coaches sometimes need to be tough on players, and sometimes players have to earn what they get.   

Did you ever think that maybe Hynes and Shero know what they're doing?  That maybe Zacha simply hasn't shown enough in his NHL sample to date and in practice to keep being gifted an automatic spot in the lineup?  That Zacha is in Hynes' doghouse because he deserves to be there?  You're automatically siding with Zacha as though he's just being picked on for the sake of being picked on...is it so far-fetched to think that maybe a lot of what's going on falls on Zacha himself? 

Bravo - great read.  He hasn't earned sh!t up until now.  Tough love and if he folds that's fine with me.

3 hours ago, sundstrom said:

goal 1 - ridiculous pinch and is weak on the puck leads to attack the other way (yes Santini flubbed it and there's plenty of blame there too but what do you know, Santini is on the bad end after Greene fvcks up - where have i heard that before).

goal 2 - greene with an obvious turnover pass and then a complete lack of gap control (gee - where have we seen that before).

goal 4 - in penalty box. why? because of an absolutely useless icing he made the shift before. d zone faceoff - devils get it out but eventually lose it back into zone - greene weak on puck trips a guy.

goal 5 - screens his own goaltender and doesn't commit to block a shot.

Greene is bad enough, I really don't get it why you have to fault him for other peoples mistakes as well.

goal 1: A normal pinch, there is nothing ridiculous there. Santini makes the mistake, Bratt doesn't hustle back and lets his guy go. 

goal 2: clearly a terrible pass by Greene

goal 4: this is where it gets really bad. There was no icing the shift before. The period just started. There was no d zone faceoff.

goal 5: Yeah, right, he has another guy he tries to get away from screening Schneider, simultaneously tries to block the shot and it's his fault the puck doesn't hit him.

Like I said, Greene is really bad this season, there is no doubt about it, and I know you hate him, but please try to be a little more objective.

Edited by munichdevil

1 hour ago, munichdevil said:

Greene is bad enough, I really don't get it why you have to fault him for other peoples mistakes as well.

goal 1: A normal pinch, there is nothing ridiculous there. Santini makes the mistake, Bratt doesn't hustle back and lets his guy go. 

goal 2: clearly a terrible pass by Greene

goal 4: this is where it gets really bad. There was no icing the shift before. The period just started. There was no d zone faceoff.

goal 5: Yeah, right, he has another guy he tries to get away from screening Schneider, simultaneously tries to block the shot and it's his fault the puck doesn't hit him.

Like I said, Greene is really bad this season, there is no doubt about it, and I know you hate him, but please try to be a little more objective.

Greene was out of position and at least a step behind most of the night.

Warwenski’s goal alone he could have blocked but he went to a knee for no damn reason and did jack sh!t to block anything more than Cory could have.

and if Mike Rupp is calling out an awful pass, you know you absolutely fvcked up tonight.

I’m a big Greene fan but he has regressed this season significantly more than anyone anticipated.

19 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Greene was out of position and at least a step behind most of the night.

Warwenski’s goal alone he could have blocked but he went to a knee for no damn reason and did jack sh!t to block anything more than Cory could have.

No doubt he was bad. Yeah, he went to a knee just like Nico did in Columbus. Hischier was hit by the puck and Greene wasn't which makes Hischier a hero and Greene an idiot. Sorry, but hockey isn't that easy and it isn't black and white only.  

Edited by munichdevil

1 hour ago, munichdevil said:

No doubt he was bad. Yeah, he went to a knee just like Nico did in Columbus. Hischier was hit by the puck and Greene wasn't which makes Hischier a hero and Greene an idiot. Sorry, but hockey isn't that easy and it isn't black and white only.  

There is a massive difference between the Nico blocked shot Tuesday and the Greene attempt on the Warwenski goal tonight.

its apples and oranges

8 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

That's more like Travis.  Greene was basically Oprah out there, handing out pucks to everyone.  You get a puck and you get a puck, every Blue Jacket player gets a puck!

In fairness, his pass on the second goal was crisp and tape to tape.

To the other team, but still. Hell of a pass. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Strap in boys this will be a roller coaster ride...  as our first line goes so does this team..  and after the first period  it was tough going for the teens..  torts had the big boys come out hitting and forecheck ing our smallish defense..  santini looked absolutely overwhelmed.. time for him to go to Binghamton.. I'd take loov..now..

Is bratts wrist shot 1st line right wing material?  Maybe palms going forward.. didn't think stafford was bad on that line, but he needs to get into shooting the puck..  PP was not good. Slow and sloppy.. work zacha in on halfboards

Defense is a mess time to juggle pairings  sami and severson.. we are so forecheckable,  is that a thing

2 hours ago, CarterforPresident said:

We need to play Greene less but in a way we can't. We are missing that true#1 D-man. Giving us that would allow us to scale back on Greene alot. Having a Hedman, Keith type would make us alot better imo. 

Kind of a very common sense assessment but I totally agree.

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2017 at 6:08 PM, Nicomo said:

They’ve already beaten the Rags with KK this year, do you think they win last Tues night against the Jackets without Cory in net? I don’t. 

I wasn't saying I wanted one or the other in either game. 

On 12/8/2017 at 5:46 PM, SterioDesign said:

Well if that's the angle you wanna take then... 

if we win then "we've beat the Rangers with our backup goalie." And if we lose well "they beat us but we had our backup goalie."

That's not the angle I want to take, it's always the most important game to Devils fans. That's how rivalries work. Unless there's a pressing issue in the standings, these are the most important games, period. It's not my "angle".