Devils vs. Maple Leafs, 4/5/18, 7:00 pm

mfitz804

30 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m going to Nashville for a bachelor party over the weekend so I’d really love to see them wrap this thing up tomorrow night so I can just enjoy myself and not have to constantly check scores.    

LGD!

I'm going to New Orleans for Mania weekend and I'd love to clinch tomorrow so I don't have to scoreboard watch as well. 

FINISH IT! LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

Let's clinch on home ice boys. 

With the way this team has been playing balls to the wall lately, they deserve and need to clinch on Thursday so that they can have a weekend and a few days to relax so to speak - get a good rest and come off this high that they're on, so that when the playoffs start they can take a deep breath, and focus on the prize.

• Like 2

I've been in Florida since Good Friday, and suffice it to say I've been doing more scoreboard checking and highlight watching than my wife would like (but she understands).  Even if they clinch, I probably still won't be able to resist...because then it will be about positioning.  But man it is fun to be SOOOOOOOO engaged in a Devils season again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

And so it comes to this. I have been saying for weeks that you can’t rely on other teams to “help you out”. If you want the playoffs, you can’t sit back and wait, you have to go out on the ice and take it. 

Speaking of this...how do you think the Panthers feel right now?  As of lately, every time they win a game, the Devils win, and every time they LOSE a game, the Devils win.  As much as some Devils fans complain about not getting any help, how much has Florida gotten?  They've seen the team they've been chasing for weeks go 9-2-1 in their last 12 and 6-0-1 in their last 7, with several of those wins coming against tough competition.  The 7-5-1 record the Panthers have put up in their last 13, despite not being awful, has them on the verge of being eliminated.  I don't feel sorry for them or their 100 or so idiot fans one bit, but man that team is going to be so frustrated if (when) they don't get in.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Speaking of this...how do you think the Panthers feel right now?  As of lately, every time they win a game, the Devils win, and every time they LOSE a game, the Devils win.  As much as some Devils fans complain about not getting any help, how much has Florida gotten?  They've seen the team they've been chasing for weeks go 9-2-1 in their last 12 and 6-0-1 in their last 7, with several of those wins coming against tough competition.  The 7-5-1 record the Panthers have put up in their last 13, despite not being awful, has them on the verge of being eliminated.  I don't feel sorry for them or their 100 or so idiot fans one bit, but man that team is going to be so frustrated if (when) they don't get in.

Agree about the frustration that would cause and as devils fans the Flyers and Jackets made us feel that way a lot this year too where it felt neither team would ever lose.  It's nice to see our team get their turn this past month.

One of the games that frustrated me the most this year was the last Panthers game which I felt was a 4 pt game that was stolen from us.  Our team was better most of the night and got screwed over by one of the worst calls I've seen in awhile where the panther guy can crash into the devils goalie but that goal is good and that game cost us 4 pts in the standings with them and then last night they were gifted the 2nd point by that goalie interference call.  they can crash into our guy for a win, but another team can't even gently put their stick on the goalie's pad.  they were gift wrapped those 5 pts in the standings and didn't win the big time road games that our team did.  We definitely deserve it much more between the tougher wins and the 5 pts we were screwed out of against them in the standings.

f the panthers, I'm glad they are probably out.  between that and those ugly jersey's and logos they switched to 2 years ago (after having one of the better jerseys and logos in hockey for years) they deserve to keep losing.

I've always hated the Rangers and Flyers the most (carolina a close third), but I've grown to kind of hate the Panthers and Columbus this year too.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If the mods could add the “GDT:” I forgot in the thread title, it would be much appreciated. 

If they don't, you can click edit on your first post, it should give the option to edit the title!

Flight got moved from a night line to a day line, which means I should be back on my couch with PLENTY of time to watch us clinch! Woooooo!

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I’m going to Nashville for a bachelor party over the weekend so I’d really love to see them wrap this thing up tomorrow night so I can just enjoy myself and not have to constantly check scores.    

LGD!

No kidding. My buddy is having his there this weekend too, while I'll be at my brother's in Florida. Your's isn't for a dude named Zach, is it? 

I should also point out, I bought tickets to tomorrow's game a week or two ago because my daughter is on vacation and they were super cheap on StubHub, cheaper than the last two Saturday games by far. 

I didn't expect that I would be attending with the chance for the playoffs to be clinched. 

I should add also I believe my daughter is now 9-1 in terms of wins and losses in games she attends, and the only loss was an overtime loss. She's good luck. Before I started taking her I hadn't seen a win in years, at least a 6 game losing streak over several seasons (I also wasn't going as much).

We'll be there in our matching Hall jerseys nonetheless, doing like Taylor does and trying to will a win. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cgb6397 said:

No kidding. My buddy is having his there this weekend too, while I'll be at my brother's in Florida. Your's isn't for a dude named Zach, is it? 

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I've been in Florida since Good Friday, and suffice it to say I've been doing more scoreboard checking and highlight watching than my wife would like (but she understands).  Even if they clinch, I probably still won't be able to resist...because then it will be about positioning.  But man it is fun to be SOOOOOOOO engaged in a Devils season again.

Whereabouts are you guys actually?  #NJDevsFLMeetNGreet!! :P

At Lauderdale By The Sea (me and my younger bro share a condo) and heading to Orlando tomorrow, flying back Sat night.  Here with my wife and daughter and my best friend's family (he has four kids).  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

At Lauderdale By The Sea (me and my younger bro share a condo) and heading to Orlando tomorrow, flying back Sat night.  Here with my wife and daughter and my best friend's family (he has four kids).  

Good stuff!  Getting hot the last few days, but still nice weather.  Enjoy!

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

I'm in Vero Beach, permanently now. Next year at a TB or FL game we should do a Florida-NJDevs meet and greet. (Which might be a total of us 2?)

Yeah, you're like literally directly across the state from me lol.  I'm in.  Tampa would be probably be about a 2 1/2 hour drive for you (not to mention BORING lol).  Funny thing is, you can basically take SR 70 which is the road I live off of the entire way across the state and end up just south of you.  I did that years ago when I went to a Mets Spring Training game in Port St Luice.  Talk about middle of nowhere as you're crossing.

I go to every game that they're here in Tampa.  I'd like to get to another Panthers game sometime soon, tickets would be cheap enough.

17 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I'm in Vero Beach, permanently now. Next year at a TB or FL game we should do a Florida-NJDevs meet and greet. (Which might be a total of us 2?)

You'd still outnumber the amount of Panthers fans that showed up for the game...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2