Devils vs. Lightning Series Discussion

Derlique

1 hour ago, RizzMB30 said:

Has the Wood-Zacha-Maroon line really been that good? I know that Wood and Zach's have been much improved. Is Maroon kind of a grinder on that line? Just seems weird starting the playoffs with that as the second line.

Nobody had those three penciled in as a hypothetical 2nd line to start the year.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

I think the term "2nd line" needs to be in quotes, it's really our third line seeing as Hynes will almost always try to match up the Zajac line against Stamkos/Kucherov. That being said they did look impressive in the last two games after Zacha came back and wood was bumped up from 4th line duties.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is really nice printing, something about really nice handwriting makes me happy i can't explain it.

3 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

There are 2 scenarios in which we'll see Cory play significant minutes this series:

1. KK injury
  2. The Devils lose the first two games with poor effort from Kinkaid (sub .890 SV% and some back-breaking goals) and they're looking to shake it up at home.

Past that, I think we're ready to ride Kinkaid as far as he'll drag us. 

Well, as they say, kinky is the best...

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I said it during the season, I’ll say it again:

if it’s not KK, i will lose my sh!t

Same. I mean how the heck is there even an announcement to make? Was Hynes actually asked who the starter is? Who would even be wondering....

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If it’s not Kinkaid, I’m going to lynch Hynes. How the fvck is there anything to even announce?!

9 minutes ago, '7' said:

Same. I mean how the heck is there even an announcement to make? Was Hynes actually asked who the starter is? Who would even be wondering....

Agreed, at this point it shouldn't even be a question unless KK were hurt so bad he couldn't play. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

NJD success hinges heavily on these guys playing to their potential. The D overall, but really the Severson/Moore pairing and whoever is in net will make a huge difference. Hopefully Andy Greene shows up in playoff form as well. The O core shouldn't be an issue, but I'll blow a fvcking gasket if Noesen or Maroon are sitting for Stafford.

Pretty sure Noesen had a minor injury, but apprently he was able to skate by himself today, which is good news. Pickles-Zajac-Nose is a great line for us

I should have the same percentage of being in goal on Thursday that Cory has.  Honestly, if Hynes is thinking about starting Cory I am going to wait by my phone for him to call me asking if I’m ready to go in as well.  There’s nothing to even think about.

In fact Investors Bank should drop the commercial with Schneider stating “our interest rate is higher than Cory’s save percentage and we can no longer be represented in such a negative manner” :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devs3cups said:

Pretty sure Noesen had a minor injury, but apprently he was able to skate by himself today, which is good news. Pickles-Zajac-Nose is a great line for us

I think Mike was the only one to post it was personal - not sure which is correct... 

Mike Morreale‏Verified account @mikemorrealeNHL 

Noesen skated this morning; couldn't skate with team for personal reasons at scheduled time. So he'd be good to go for Game 1

ETA - he just tweeted he will be at practice tomorrow:  

Stefan Noesen‏ Verified account @stefannoesen

One more practice before heading off to Tampa! Looking forward to seeing @NJDevils fans tomorrow at the open practice. #NowWeRise

Edited by LittleBallofHate
Noesen tweet

4 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

So...if MoJo hasn't been cleared by now, you have to wonder if the doctors are ever going to clear him....:unsure:

Not like there's any hurry. No cap, no IR, no roster restrictions to worry about.

12 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

There are 2 scenarios in which we'll see Cory play significant minutes this series:

1. KK injury
  2. The Devils lose the first two games with poor effort from Kinkaid (sub .890 SV% and some back-breaking goals) and they're looking to shake it up at home.

Past that, I think we're ready to ride Kinkaid as far as he'll drag us. 

#2 feels pretty realistic (and I don't mean that he has to be bad), I imagine that's when we'll see Severson draw in as well. 

I am sure the coaching staff saw plenty in the WAS game.  Hynes said as much postgame.  Practices do not always change the minds of the coaches re: players' long-term playing trends.  But he wanted to give them a last, best chance to impress.  I wonder if anyone did?  The last practice is this AM before series start.  Do you want to be in the mix?  Last chance....

Edited by aclc79

14 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

So...if MoJo hasn't been cleared by now, you have to wonder if the doctors are ever going to clear him....:unsure:

With a head injury, I'd rather he wait until he is 100% ready. Concussions can quickly cascade into bigger issues if you don't take the time you need.

• Like 3