2018-19 Around the League Thread

jagknife

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

This is absolutely insane to me.  

In what reality is a 60 point guy, who might exceed that this year for the first time in a while, worth 9.5M?

In reality, he'll probably get 8 x 8 which is still insane to me.

If anyone gives Jeff Skinner 8 years and any amount of money, they should fire themselves and go into another line of work. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

If anyone gives Jeff Skinner 8 years and any amount of money, they should fire themselves and go into another line of work. 

Totally agree.

But you just know some stupid ass GM is going to be like "oh boy 80 point season, elite winger, better throw him a blank check* (edit: got my cliches mixed up)".  And then later be like "these players make too much!  Let's have a lockout to figure out what's going on".

Edited by Devilsfan118
I no english good
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Panarin seeking 10-11 AAV for his next contract.

I'd pay it.  But, given our recent track record with free agents, I'm not going to get my hopes up for us being in the running for him.

Some of these guys really think the world of themselves, don’t they? Skinner wants 9, Nylander wants 8, Panarin thinks he’s McDavid, apparently.... I mean.... fvck off with some of these numbers. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Some of these guys really think the world of themselves, don’t they? Skinner wants 9, Nylander wants 8, Panarin thinks he’s McDavid, apparently.... I mean.... fvck off with some of these numbers. 

Totally agree.  But for a truly elite player like Panarin.. you've gotta pay to play I guess.

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Totally agree.  But for a truly elite player like Panarin.. you've gotta pay to play I guess.

Great player. Wouldn’t pay him $11 million a year. If he was a center I’d consider it... not a winger. He’s not McDavid and he shouldn’t be paid McDavid money. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Panarin seeking 10-11 AAV for his next contract.

I'd pay it.  But, given our recent track record with free agents, I'm not going to get my hopes up for us being in the running for him.

If we could afford it I’d pay it. With Hall and Hischier off the books soon things could get tricky

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’d go 8/72. And that’s probably an overpay, but he’s our guy. 

I’d say there’s a fairly big chance he signs for more than that with us. If he hits the market he’ll get more.

I’d do 76/8-80/8 for Hall. Not convinced 9 makes him sign the extension this summer.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Great player. Wouldn’t pay him $11 million a year. If he was a center I’d consider it... not a winger. He’s not McDavid and he shouldn’t be paid McDavid money. 

McDavid unfortunately doesn't set the market - just like Crosby's 8.7M AAV deal didn't back in the day.  McDavid should've gotten max contract 8 years but took less to be a 'team guy'.

37 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’d go 8/72. And that’s probably an overpay, but he’s our guy. 

I will be elated if Hall signs for anything less than 10M per year.  I just don't see it.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Have to agree, but the way McDavid gets McDavid money is by the players before him inflating the asking price, and that doesn't stop with McDavid. He signed an 8 year deal, guys will be making more than him that should not be by year 4 if not sooner. 

1 hour ago, Devs3cups said:

How much would you give Hall? 

$10m a year plus unlimited access to Kinkyisth3b3st (or a restraining order, Taylor's preference). 

20 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Agreed.  This actually kind of bums me out that Larry comes out of pseudo-retirement to help them while we are still stuck with Nas-ty.

He seems to always get those gigs. Three weeks of work then I walk? Sure, sign me up.