GDT: Devils vs. Panthers, 10/27/18, 12:00pm

mfitz804

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Felt like more bad luck at the end of that game, than anything else.  Just glad some good opportunities that were missed didn't come back to haunt the Devils.  

And of course Zacha doesn't score on that chance.  

5-2-1 to start the season, I'll take it.  Top line is just a blast to watch.  Long trip coming up...if the Devils can get seven points out of it, I'll be ok with that.

And overall, good job by KK in starting every game and not falling on his face.  A pair of shutouts to boot.

Well badluck... we got to be honest and agree that we've also been incredibly lucky during that game,  Florida got the post like 16 time and many other things went our way

Like I said, at the end of the game.  I was saying that more to point out that I don't automatically lump the final minutes of the third period into the "Devils can't close games out" category.  

Florida hit a couple of posts, Devils had a couple of breakaways and yet another missed prime chance by Almost.  Some breaks both ways, but definitely not enough for the Devils that I felt like they were lucky to have won.  

Tri rightly pointed out the Devils' PK unit...they've been impressive so far.  PP1 unit has been quite good too.  

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The luck thing is a stupid argument, as it’s been a factor in every sports game ever played since the dawn of time. 

I agree with this most of the time, but there's definitely those exceptions that have you saying "How?  Why?  HUH?!"  But like you posted, luck is often a factor...and hockey will always have those crazy bounces here and there.

2 hours ago, nessus said:

I've been pretty happy with Severson and Mueller so far this season. They both look much more composed and comfortable out there than they did last year. They've also been quite good positionally, from what I've seen. Despite not being the flashiest of players, these are two guys that I've felt would be critical to the Devils' future success, and we are lucky that they've both had a strong start..

This has been a big part of our success so far... damon looks comfort and agressive with the puck on his stick in the Ozone also. Even greene has been competitive  so our top two pairing have been nhl quality...  consistency will be key

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I agree with this most of the time, but there's definitely those exceptions that have you saying "How?  Why?  HUH?!"  But like you posted, luck is often a factor...and hockey will always have those crazy bounces here and there.

And if it didn’t, it would not be interesting at all. One of the reasons I hate instant replay.

On 10/27/2018 at 7:27 PM, SterioDesign said:

Well badluck... we got to be honest and agree that we've also been incredibly lucky during that game,  Florida got the post like 16 time and many other things went our way

The post is part of the goalies equipment.  I'd argue kk played his angles so well he only left the shooters the post.

20 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Fan forums and journalists for major websites are sorta two different things, don’t you think? It’s SBNation.

SBNation has a fan page for each of the pro teams and it's purposely written in a fan narrative. It's their unique approach to sports journalism. This NYT article explains it, but that's why we have https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/ 

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/07/business/media/07fans.html