GDT: Panthers @ Devils 1:00PM

Colorado Rockies 1976

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Scoring literally no powerplay goals, having a PK below 50% and repeatedly blowing leads is not an issue of having R-R defensive pairs.  It's the coaches, and if the analytics people have trouble figuring that out, they should go back to getting wedgies at gym class.

Repeatedly blowing leads is an issue of having R-R pairs in that that makes your team worse.  It makes them worse offensively and defensively.  That's the point I'm trying to make.  Just yelling about 'it's the coaches' doesn't say anything.  Part of it is the situations they're putting the players in.  They had R-R pairs on the PK today also.

15 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Repeatedly blowing leads is an issue of having R-R pairs in that that makes your team worse.  It makes them worse offensively and defensively.  That's the point I'm trying to make.  Just yelling about 'it's the coaches' doesn't say anything.  Part of it is the situations they're putting the players in.  They had R-R pairs on the PK today also.

I am positive that many teams go R-R or L-L for sustained periods of times on at least one line without the incompetence that this team shows.    I say it’s the coaches because it’s about as obvious as it gets.  

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I am positive that many teams go R-R or L-L for sustained periods of times on at least one line without the incompetence that this team shows.    I say it’s the coaches because it’s about as obvious as it gets.  

Again, you're talking without knowledge.  Teams go L-L.  Teams rarely go R-R, and the results of R-R pairings have been historically worse than L-L pairings.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Analytics is a cargo cult.

I doubt you can define either analytics or a cargo cult.  But it's fun to talk about like that, certainly.  

R-R pairings were a big reason why things went so poorly today in the D zone.  It's playing players in positions they are not comfortable in and they have to make a lot of quick reads from a different part of the ice.  Carrick is not used to defending a shooter coming in from that side as Connolly was.

57 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Part of it is the situations they're putting the players in. 

One of the primary jobs of a coach is to put his or her players in the best position they can to succeed. So if you are suggesting the coaching staff deserves more time, this isn’t helping that argument.

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

One of the primary jobs of a coach is to put his or her players in the best position they can to succeed. So if you are suggesting the coaching staff deserves more time, this isn’t helping that argument.

I'm not suggesting that, which is why this discussion is so asinine.  I'm saying the coaching staff didn't put players in a position to succeed and that that is bad.  I'm being told that coaching is the problem with the team.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I'm not suggesting that, which is why this discussion is so asinine.  I'm saying the coaching staff didn't put players in a position to succeed and that that is bad.  I'm being told that coaching is the problem with the team.

Somethings going to give, and soon....

It’s asinine to think that a coach who only managed to squeak into the playoffs once in four years on an MVP effort of Taylor Hall is ever going to figure it out.  He’s in line to have the most losses in franchise history going back to the Scouts.  

If the only thing you’re taking away from this is to not have a R-R defensive pair, you’re insane.

Fire him.  Tonight.  Have a robot coach the team for a game or two if that’s what it takes.

• Like 2