GDT: Devils at Ducks, 3/1/2020 8pm Eastern

mfitz804

Just now, Devs3cups said:

''Ladies and gentlemen, your 2020-2021 starter, Cory Schneider!''

This is Mac’s gig now.  He’s just been too good.  

• Like 3

Just now, Nicomo said:

Ofc Zacha is hurt now. We just can’t have nice things. 

So he completes the Zacha hat trick with two goals. 

Congrats to Cory.

Fun game to watch, nice to see us not giving a goal to Henrique.

Bratt is playing out of his mind right now, great to see.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

That's obviously what I want, believe me. I sure hope Schneider isn't in their plans for the starting job going forward...

Doubtful.  I just don’t see how the Devils can possibly trust him.  We’ve been down the “shining in Garbage Time” road with Cory before.  They can’t put themselves in a position to get burned by him again, no matter what he does the rest of the season.

I get the feeling Mac is feeling just tired enough that they’re being careful with him.  I think it’s much more about protecting Mac, than trying to re-establish Cory.

• Like 1

Even though Schneider faced a relatively high number of shots, I thought the defense in front of him was reasonably good, or at least a lot better than it was in front of Blackwood on Saturday against the Kings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I’m also worried about Nas getting a chance next season at this point.

Hopefully the fact that there’s a couple really good coaches available will make the decision easier. 

Not like the D has been much better.  Goalies are just stopping anything and everything (and occasionally getting random help).  It doesn’t really feel like much (if any) of this 17-10-7 stretch has much of anything to do with Nas.  More in spite of him.

• Like 1

Just now, CHIP72 said:

Even though Schneider faced a relatively high number of shots, I thought the defense in front of him was reasonably good, or at least a lot better than it was in front of Blackwood on Saturday against the Kings.

Agreed, they were good enough to bail Cory out on a number of occasions as well. 

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

management are probably thinking there's nothing to lose putting cory out there.

if he wins then well he's gaining confidence and may get some value or wtv

if he lose then he's putting us in a better position for a better draft pick

That’s correct. And they are right. 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

So right now Zacha is at 30 points in 61 games played. 0.491 points per game — i lose this bet if he’s injured and doesn’t finish the season.

If Zacha scores 11 more points i win the bet regardless. 

gonna be close

Actually, a non-season ending injury might benefit you, odds are if he plays the remaining 17 games he’ll be pointless in a handful of them. If he plays less games, it may be easier for him to get to 0.495 per game since he’s practically there. 

In any event, it’s a bet I’d be happy to lose. 

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Friendly reminder that Cory always does this in meaningless garbage time games.

Sigh. I hate that seeing a devils shutout annoys me. Cory's playing himself onto the roster next season.

He’s under contract and we may need his salary to maintain the cap floor. I think he’ll probably be around regardless. If that’s true, I’d rather see him pitching shutouts. 

• Like 1