New Jersey Devils 2020(ish)-2021 Season

mfitz804

25 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean... where does the "he wants to leave" speculation even come from?

For all we know he may just be dealing with family stuff or health problems

Like I said, its all speculation. You asked where one comes from and then followed it with two additional items of speculation lol.

It comes from the fact that he left, coupled with the comment from Zajac about how they want him here, but that decision is up to him.  

He didn't say "he has to be with his family right now", or "he has to put his health first", he made it like he has to make up his mind about being here. That's where it comes from. 

It's still ALL speculation until someone tells us the reason. Which I said in the post immediately above yours. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 minute ago, Guadana said:

Goodbye, shi-tty mask. I will never see you on ice.

I hope he is ok and everybody are healthy in his family. 
Interesting to see how Fitz will do after. Will devils invite someone or not.

I'm trying to think of who is still out there. I know Craig Anderson is on a PTO in Washington. Or maybe they let Wedgewood go for it? I can't see them doing Blackwood and Senn though. 

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm trying to think of who is still out there. I know Craig Anderson is on a PTO in Washington. Or maybe they let Wedgewood go for it? I can't see them doing Blackwood and Senn though. 

Honestly, if we have a Wood, a Blackwood, and a Wedgewood, a memer like Moe’s head will explode. 

• Like 2

All speculation again but we know Crawford struggled with post-concussion syndrom 2 years ago when they thought he had vertigo. Even then some were saying his NHL career might be over.

And now we know the first 2 days were "maintenance days" and the last 3 were personal reasons...

Doesnt look too good unfortunately

5 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’m afraid it would be Howard. I really don’t wanna see him here.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Corey on leave indefinitely. Wishing him the best, still hoping it isn’t location remorse and more something he can conquer in due time.

If it is, it’s one of the biggest b!tch moves in the history of sports. 

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Corey on leave indefinitely. Wishing him the best, still hoping it isn’t location remorse and more something he can conquer in due time.

the fact that he took 2 maintenance days first then personal days makes me doubt its location remorse or anything

12 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I’m afraid it would be Howard. I really don’t wanna see him here.

I don’t know if he’d be any worse than Schneider was...

Anderson was mentioned and guys on PTO’s, as far as I know, can willingly sign anywhere else at anytime. 

There was a guy from Arizona that was another name when I did a quick capfriendly search of UFA goalies yesterday but the name escapes me and I think I saw he only had 1 game last year in the NHL. 

Wedgewood has shown he can play in the NHL and stop more pucks than he lets in. Woulda felt a lot better with Crow backing up Mac but oh well, gotta move on already.

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

the fact that he took 2 maintenance days first then personal days makes me doubt its location remorse or anything

At this point idk what to think. Like I said in earlier posts, too much free time is making reading quotes and dissecting them a brain scramble.

Really REALLY hoping it isn’t the case, and we’ll probably never know.

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I don’t know if he’d be any worse than Schneider was...

Anderson was mentioned and guys on PTO’s, as far as I know, can willingly sign anywhere else at anytime. 

There was a guy from Arizona that was another name when I did a quick capfriendly search of UFA goalies yesterday but the name escapes me and I think I saw he only had 1 game last year in the NHL. 

Wedgewood has shown he can play in the NHL and stop more pucks than he lets in. Woulda felt a lot better with Crow backing up Mac but oh well, gotta move on already.

perhaps today we are witnessing a convergence of Devils with a higher pick on the draft.

Howard was one the Schneider level last couple of years. And he is red winger. I don’t like them all. 

In forest we trust.

4 minutes ago, Guadana said:

perhaps today we are witnessing a convergence of Devils with a higher pick on the draft.

Howard was one the Schneider level last couple of years. And he is red winger. I don’t like them all. 

In forest we trust.

im already 100% certain i'll be very excited come July 23rd for the draft lol 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I was already expecting the Devils to be picking pretty high in the draft, but I'm sure now. The goalie free agent list is looking very thin this close to the season starting. Does anyone think Fitz will trade for a backup?

Taxi squad might hinder his options.

although if PDB and Lehner have their way in Vegas, Flower could become an option again...

• Like 1