2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

Vorachek called out an HF poster..

Just copying and pasting my post from HF about this... 

I think there's a big difference of reading the regular beat reporters articles since he actually deals with them on a normal basis(as well as face to face in the past) and people who actively tag him on social media but coming on HF or other message boards is the equivalent of vanity searching.

Maybe it motivates him to play better but it's definitely interesting lol

I think this is a place where we come to actively vent our frustrations out about our teams to one another but the vast majority of us wouldn't be on social media directly tagging people with those frustrations since that is just directly insulting them. Just because most of us vent about a certain player or few here doesn't mean we aren't rooting for them to succeed.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Shocking 1

Has there ever been a person who has held only two NHL head coaching jobs and got both of his GMs fired for not terminating him once it became clear he was incompetent?   

if Poile doesn’t make a move soon, it seems like that man could be John Hynes.  Is there any team underachieving more than the Preds?   

6 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Has there ever been a person who has held only two NHL head coaching jobs and got both of his GMs fired for not terminating him once it became clear he was incompetent?   

if Poile doesn’t make a move soon, it seems like that man could be John Hynes.  Is there any team underachieving more than the Preds?   

In history? Yes, the Ducks. 

Not those Ducks, the ones from the movie. Clearly District 5 had some excellent talent. All they did was get a new coach, add Adam Banks and pick up a couple undrafted free agents and there you go, instant champions. They were definitely underachieving. 

50 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Anything to stay relevant.

I forced myself to listen through his interview(s) with the Spittin Chiclets guys and... just a classic narcissist.  I'd almost feel bad for the guy if he wasn't just such a colossal fvcking a$$hole.  

Also his stupid face popping up in Tenet almost ruined the movie for me.  

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m opposed to Jeffs that are Geoffs. Just saying. 

Geoff Tate of Queensryche actually changed his first name to Geoff from...Jeff (he was born Jeffrey Wayne Tate).  Go figure. 

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Interestingggg, I'm really happy to see that.  

We'll see if they protest and get an exception.

I think they may only get relief if they hit the cap and this puts them over? Not sure I find the LTIR and the performance bonus rules pretty confusing.  There's a whole FAQ section on Capfriendly around it.

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Sean Avery could be in a room with Gary Busey and Nicholas Cage and they’d have to tell him to tone it down a bit. What a fvcking nut. 

• Like 1