2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

7 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

It does raise a good question though, who truly is the best goalie? I would argue that vasilevsky is a mediocre goalie on a stacked team. I honestly can't point anywhere in the league at truly great number one atm.

at the end of the day it's not even that important.

Hell, i dont even get into arguments trying to prove desperately that Marty was THE best of all time. And i'd have all the stats to make a very strong argument. It just depends what you're looking at. I always say Marty was the most consistent, Roy was the most clutch when it mattered and Hasek was like.. the best goalie at its peak when he was really in the zone.

And its totally fine for anyone to have those opinions cause i feel its justified.

As for the best goalie in the league right now, im not really sure. It's true that it helps vasilevsky to have a stacked team, but man if you want the games, he's fvcking solid and making insane saves. He's not just a product of the team

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Canes Stadium Series uniforms leaked.  

I like them.   I thought the Oilers blue jerseys with no white in them looked sharp this year.  

These will really pop on the ice. I like them a lot. 

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

loving the contrast (obviously a big fan of black and red already) but I still hate that stupid fvcking logo. Looks like a furry dogs butthole. 

I have more regard for a furry dog’s butthole than for that team. 

36 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Canes Stadium Series uniforms leaked.  

I like them.   I thought the Oilers blue jerseys with no white in them looked sharp this year.  

I like them too.

They kinda remind me of handheld electronic games from the late 70 - early 80s...handhelds from that era often featured red LEDs on a black backgrounds.

Also brings back memories of the VERY ill-fated Virtua Boy from Nintendo (I don't know anyone who owned one):

th?id=OIP.cgr8F9qS4Xxw0zuM_pl4dwHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&w=273&h=183

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m kind of partial to that logo since my ECHL team basically just copied the design (and slightly altered it). 

image.jpeg.39fe5fe96d1e369629e808d1e778348d.jpeg

You love furry dog buttholes lol. 

17 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

that's a conversation for a therapist to have

On the list of things I should discuss with a therapist, that’s WAY toward the bottom. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I like them too.

They kinda remind me of handheld electronic games from the late 70 - early 80s...handhelds from that era often featured red LEDs on a black backgrounds.

Also brings back memories of the VERY ill-fated Virtua Boy from Nintendo (I don't know anyone who owned one):

asplode.jpg

I’m calling BS. 

I can’t imagine a single one of you would be happy if this was a Devils jersey. People had a meltdown over the removal of some stripes. Others are pissed that we use green in our retro jerseys.

You can’t tell me not one of you thinks this jersey sucks??

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m calling BS. 

I can’t imagine a single one of you would be happy if this was a Devils jersey. People had a meltdown over the removal of some stripes. Others are pissed that we use green in our retro jerseys.

You can’t tell me not one of you thinks this jersey sucks??

As far as the Adidas Devils jerseys go, my beef was that every re-imagined element represented a downgrade from the previous design.  And that the new look was supposed to be an "evolution" of sorts over the outgoing design.

I see this Stadium Series design as more of a stand-alone, and yeah, admittedly I do dig it.

Don't know if you remember MB3's third-jersey design, but it was primarily black, with a red Devils logo (no circle, with the horned-and-tailed NJ), no shoulder yoke, and revised striping (think the pattern was white-red-white, which really made them pop).  I dug that one too...still my favorite third-jersey proposed design for a Devils jersey yet.

FWIW from what I have heard, that Canes Stadium Series jersey was what they were supposed to wear this season when they were likely facing the Penguins.  Apparently, the Penguins jersey was basically the same look but yellow instead of red.

I would give it a 50/50 chance they would re-do the jersey if they are facing a different opponent, though it appears the Penguins are still the likely ones.

20 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Ouch, ok Travis , no need to be mean. 

He's not wrong.

33 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:
Ouch, ok Travis , no need to be mean. 

I know you're probably kidding (or at least half-kidding), but I think of what he's saying as more being honest then truly mean.  But I think what comes across is that he was getting tired of where the Devils were as his time there was winding down...like he'd said previously, not long after he was dealt...he did go to Fitz and basically asked to be moved.  Said it was simply time.

And thank whoever that he had some chemistry with a couple of those kids...guy had 14 points in 16 GP leading up to that trade...maybe his most offensive burst over the past several seasons.  Even if he was more of a throw-in (Palms was clearly the primary target), maybe Fitz doesn't snag that first-rounder if Zajac isn't hot in those games.