GDT: Devils at Washington, 21 Feb, 2pm, NBC

jagknife

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Sure. 261 other times on the Power play also. 

It’s like saying “we shouldn’t have lost, all we needed to do was score one more goal than they scored”. 

It doesn't matter if it is Ovi or Ovi's grandmother, the coverage on that play was awful and the puck is going in the net. The PK is awful and there wasn't even someone on that entire side of the ice in that moment. It was pathetic. You're downplaying it. 

Watching the Doc tribute...you can hear a little tremble in his voice that wasn’t there before. Guy was so damned good at what he did...I’m so glad he was ours for so long.  I’ll always miss him.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Absolutely not. This is the freshest team in the league and they make mistakes that would get you sat playing jv hockey. Terrible angles to the point. Hideous job on the forecheck - too many guys underneath the puck.

Lazy angles on the forecheck. You can’t rely on the transition for 100% of the offense. The Devils looked terrible in zone without the puck... figures Gusev gets the garbage goal here because he’s another guy who looked terrible on the forecheck.  

WOW

I will let them get some practice and games together after COVID before I rip them a new one.

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It doesn't matter if it is Ovi or Ovi's grandmother, the coverage on that play was awful and the puck is going in the net. The PK is awful and there wasn't even someone on that entire side of the ice in that moment. It was pathetic. You're downplaying it. 

I’m not downplaying it, I’m just saying it’s easier said than done. At the end of the day the guy is going to be the NHL all time leader in power play goals unless he leaves for the KHL. He has made a career of getting open on the PP. Saying “we should have stopped him” is oversimplifying it. 

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Watching the Doc tribute...you can hear a little tremble in his voice that wasn’t there before. Guy was so damned good at what he did...I’m so glad he was ours for so long.  I’ll always miss him.

Absolutely right. 

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I see it more as a reminder not to get too high.  But I still wonder why the fvck nASS was retained.  A clean break would’ve been better. 

If they could kill two penalties today, they win. When you’re out-classed that’s one thing- they blew this game because they can’t kill penalties. They should’ve won this game.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Is this the reason why the Devils were grossly outshot? I was wondering why, I couldn't quite determine it.

I’d consider that to be the reason they went long stretches without cycling the puck and keeping pressure on. 

The Caps shots came largely from exposing the Devils Dzone system. The Devils pack five guys down low to eliminate high danger chances. However, the Devils were terrible at winning pucks in the corner and the Caps D was wide open all game. Unless they win pucks in the corner more often, or have the wingers become more aggressive every team we play is going to exploit this.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If they could kill two penalties today, they win. When you’re out-classed that’s one thing- they blew this game because they can’t kill penalties. They should’ve won this game.

I can’t say that they should’ve won.  Caps really took over the game as time wore on.  Right now, I feel like they’re getting some breaks at even strength that are evening out on the PK.  I expect the PK will get better (can’t see it possibly remaining THIS bad), but some of these high-danger even strength chances will start going in for the opposition too.  

53 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I can’t say that they should’ve won.  Caps really took over the game as time wore on.  Right now, I feel like they’re getting some breaks at even strength that are evening out on the PK.  I expect the PK will get better (can’t see it possibly remaining THIS bad), but some of these high-danger even strength chances will start going in for the opposition too.  

Felt like the Caps were in control from halfway through the first. Even when we were up 2-1, I was thinking we were ahead despite having been outplayed. Caught up to us in the end. 

Next game was scheduled to be the second Reverse Retro game, the first one having been postponed. Any reason to think that’s not still happening?

43 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Next game was scheduled to be the second Reverse Retro game, the first one having been postponed. Any reason to think that’s not still happening?

I asked the same question in the Nico thread. I would hope they will be wearing the RR’s Tuesday. No reason not to. I think every team has worn theirs except us.

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The Devils outscored the Caps 3-1 five-on-five. While I hear what you’re saying CR- kill two penalties, and you win. I contend they should’ve won the game. The Caps may have gotten the better of the play as the game went on, but you still can’t tell me the main reason for this loss isn’t an inability to kill penalties. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

If anyone got shut out from the RR jerseys, I have have a few Subbans (54 and 56) and am willing to part with them for cost plus shipping. Had the idea I could make a profit to help pay for the game worn I pre-ordered, that turned out to not be the case. PM me if you’re interested, before I just return them to Dick’s. 

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Still more of a difference than the 8 fans going. "boo hoo i don't like to see logos i don't like when my team is playing, Take them away i don't care that they lose money, my feelings are more important"

This is pretty ironic.  I wasn't at all going "boo hoo", I was merely making a statement that I hate ads on the ice, particularly ones that show logos of our most hated rivals.  Not once did I draw any comparisons about potential revenue from those ads. If anything, you seem to be the one whining and make this out to be way more than it really is.  Seems like some sort of nerve was struck with you, and I really have no idea why.  I'm sorry you're so bent out of shape about my comment.

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

This is pretty ironic.  I wasn't at all going "boo hoo", I was merely making a statement that I hate ads on the ice, particularly ones that show logos of our most hated rivals.  Not once did I draw any comparisons about potential revenue from those ads. If anything, you seem to be the one whining and make this out to be way more than it really is.  Seems like some sort of nerve was struck with you, and I really have no idea why.  I'm sorry you're so bent out of shape about my comment.

Ah well my statement wasn't as much directed directly to you but more towards that growing mentality that we're seeing. To be fair I don't remember you making any other similar comments here but a few posters here constantly make similar comments like being very annoyed that we have a blue logo on our helmet and that it doesn't match, and well first that we even have a logo on our helmets, that a visiting goalie shouldn't be allowed to celebrate a win on our ice and all sorts of things like this and expecting things to be changed, like you'd expect from a Karen lol And yes people like this really does struck a nerve with me lol

Edited by SterioDesign

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Ah well my statement wasn't as much directed directly to you but more towards that growing mentality that we're seeing. To be fair I don't remember you making any other similar comments here but a few posters here constantly make similar comments like being very annoyed that we have a blue logo on our helmet and that it doesn't match, and well first that we even have a logo on our helmets, that a visiting goalie shouldn't be allowed to celebrate a win on our ice and all sorts of things like this and expecting things to be changed, like you'd expect from a Karen lol And yes people like this really does struck a nerve with me lol

Except no one here is bitching to the NHL or boycotting the games over this sh!t. It’s mostly just some Devils fans venting to each other on a message board. It’s really not that big of a deal. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Except no one here is bitching to the NHL or boycotting the games over this sh!t. It’s mostly just some Devils fans venting to each other on a message board. It’s really not that big of a deal. 

I report everything that happens on this board directly to Gary Bettman. But the conversation usually starts with me calling him Count Chocula so he ignores everything else I say. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1