GDT: Rags @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG, MSG+2

MadDog2020

8 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I'd add Blackwood to the reasons to feel optimistic despite the game tonight. And I sure hope players like McLeod and Bastian grow in their roles because you need heart/grit as well as talent to win. I don't like that Miles Wood has had very little effect on this game. Is he playing?

Hughes, Smith, Nico, Blackwood, Bratt, Zacha, McLeod/Bastian and Sharangovich are all reasons to feel optimistic, and a bad 6-7 game stretch (where our young guys have produced mind you and where the vets have been invisible) should not change that. Imoo the young players are the least of our problems, and I've liked what I've seen from them in terms of improvement so far this season (and that's what I wanted to see, and expected, this season).

I'm way more concerned about the vets, they have to take a share of the load here. 

Edited by Devs3cups

Just now, titans04 said:

for the most part sure, doesn't have to be to the extreme. A dose of reality now and then would be nice. 

If we had a winning team nobody would give a sh!t what stupid things he was saying. It’s easier to focus on Dano than how bad our team looks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

It's his job to bore me to tears? Then job well done!

If he called everything exactly as he sees right now it it would be nonstop negativity. No broadcast operates like that. 

Does he go overboard with his positivity? Sure. But I’ll never understand the OTT hate for the guy. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

If he called everything exactly as he sees right now it it would be nonstop negativity. No broadcast operates like that. 

Does he go overboard with his positivity? Sure. But I’ll never understand the OTT hate for the guy. 

I just don't think he's very good at this job, but like mfitz said, when the team is playing terribly, Daneyko is an easy target for venting fans.

I don't care if they have two games this weekend, work them to the fvcking bone tomorrow.  Miracle-Herb-Brooks-style.  Again.  Again.  Again.  Again.  You guys sucked ass tonight and got embarrassed, by your most hated rivals, on home ice in front of fans who have just come back after a year away.  Very, very pathetic.

This team lacks a leader in a serious way.  It isn't Zajac, he's the true definition of a humble quiet player, and it isn't Subban.  We have no other veteran who can motivate this team and get them to fvcking play better.  They've lost any mojo they had and the appear to be lacking confidence.  I guess it's on the coaches to turn morale around, but they tried juggling lines today and it didn't work.  Blackwood wasn't good, but he can't be the savior every single night. 1 goal isn't going to win you many, if any, games.  

• Like 2