The New Jersey Devils 2021-22 Regular Season Thread

mfitz804

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I rather have PDB over ruff 

That goes without saying, but still, I remember a lot of us being upset how he was handling our young guys back then.

the plus though is he wouldn’t be DBA, nASS or Ruff and hopefully none of them being forcibly kept on staff by our GM

• Like 1

No to PDB.  Been there done that.  But I had to choose between and Rough, I’m taking PDB.  

• Like 1

Good on Fitz for giving Okhotiuk a shot at the end of the season. I look forward to Dano mutilating that name over the next few games. 

Glad Daws is also back with Utica. Hopefully he can see out the season on a high and get that playoff experience. 

I don't care if Blackwood is back at this stage , go with Hammond or Gillies , who gives a fvck. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I don't care if Blackwood is back at this stage , go with Hammond or Gillies , who gives a fvck. 

The only reason it would matter is seeing whether or not he can play, not the results, obviously. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Interesting note on Severson… he now has 51 career goals, meaning only Niedermayer, Stevens, and Driver have more goals for a Devils defenseman 

They mentioned that during the last game. I was pretty surprised to hear that.  First guy that came to mind was Rafalski, who only had 45. I was surprised to see (or to recall) that Rafalski never had a double digit goal total in any season. As prolific as he was offensively, it was all assists. 

In fact, he only had two double digit goal totals in Detroit (10 and 13) in his entire career. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

They mentioned that during the last game. I was pretty surprised to hear that.  First guy that came to mind was Rafalski, who only had 45. I was surprised to see (or to recall) that Rafalski never had a double digit goal total in any season. As prolific as he was offensively, it was all assists. 

In fact, he only had two double digit goal totals in Detroit (10 and 13) in his entire career. 

God I miss Rafalski

• Like 1

Regarding Blackwood we have 6 games left in which he maybe gets 3-4 at the most if everything goes well. All it may prove is that he can possibly get through those games. I don't think it ups his trade value any and I don't think it proves he's good enough to be counted on next season regardless of how he plays. It's way too small of a sample size under the most meaningless of circumstances. It's far too late to prove anything meaningful imo. 

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Regarding Blackwood we have 6 games left in which he maybe gets 3-4 at the most if everything goes well. All it may prove is that he can possibly get through those games. I don't think it ups his trade value any and I don't think it proves he's good enough to be counted on next season regardless of how he plays. It's way too small of a sample size under the most meaningless of circumstances. It's far too late to prove anything meaningful imo. 

If he plays one and has to go back on IR, that would have an impact on his trade ability, don’t you think? 

Also, looking at the schedule with no back to backs and some gaps between games, if he were healthy and effective he could play them all. Not that I would suggest doing that with a goalie that just came off of IR. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

If he plays one and has to go back on IR, that would have an impact on his trade ability, don’t you think? 

Also, looking at the schedule with no back to backs and some gaps between games, if he were healthy and effective he could play them all. Not that I would suggest doing that with a goalie that just came off of IR. 

They have two back to backs in the last 6 games, and play the last 6 games in 9 days.  To your first point I think they have more to risk or better yet very little to gain by rolling him out there trade wise.  I would expect he's rusty as all hell, but I guess there's something to be said if he can stand up in goal for 60 mins for ~3 games without breaking again.

image.png

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, titans04 said:

They have two back to backs in the last 6 games, and play the last 6 games in 9 days.  To your first point I think they have more to risk or better yet very little to gain by rolling him out there trade wise. 

image.png

What the fvck schedule did I look at then lol. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Nice. Well deserved.

Definitely. I don't believe he will win because that trophy has become somewhat more of "what hardship did you have to overcome" than anything else. I would have to imagine someone else's story will win out. 

56 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Definitely. I don't believe he will win because that trophy has become somewhat more of "what hardship did you have to overcome" than anything else. I would have to imagine someone else's story will win out. 

Well technically, he had to overcome THREE hardships...they all reside behind the Devils' bench.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2