2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

Tyson Nash making an ass out of himself... once again. 

Making excuses for a dude crosschecking and punching a kid who's clearly not a fighter and didn't even dropped the gloves.... somehow twisting it that it's on the young skilled players, that if they display their skills that they should get punched in the mouth...

To no surprise he was a pest in the NHL only there to rile up opposing team players to draw penalties and clearly bitter about not being able to do more. What a loser. 

According to him, Troy Terry deserved "this" for making fancy plays while being up 5-0. Terry and Zegras and their "fancy moves" probably sold more jerseys in a day than Nash and Beagle did in their entire careers

1915323739_ScreenShot2022-04-02at6_59_42PM.png.6b8379feda591632a421f1426301f08f.png

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 3

I have zero problems with the cross check. Probably should have been 2 minutes, but whatever, that’s hockey. 

Beagle definitely didn’t need to go off on Terry like that. Give him a shot, rag doll him a little, then let them break it up. Looked like an adult beating up a toddler. 

Zegras owes Terry a steak dinner or something for stepping up to take that beating. 

Also, the eye he didn’t get punched in looks like it’s gonna pop out of his head. 

Edited by mfitz804

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I have zero problems with the cross check. Probably should have been 2 minutes, but whatever, that’s hockey. 

Beagle definitely didn’t need to go off on Terry like that. Give him a shot, rag doll him a little, then let them break it up. Looked like an adult beating up a toddler. 

Zegras owes Terry a steak dinner or something for stepping up to take that beating. 

Also, the eye he didn’t get punched in looks like it’s gonna pop out of his head. 

yeah with 2 minutes left Beagle was just frustrated and did something dumb. This could have been Bratt and Jack.

Nash take on it is just embarassing cause it's so obvious that he's been jealous of skilled players his whole life

Edited by SterioDesign

I don’t even mind if he did give Zegras a shot for the way he embarrassed someone, that’s for sure part of what happens. You give a penalty and move on. But to beat on a little 175 lb. skill guy like Terry, that’s not acceptable, even if he “started it” by stepping in for Zegras. 

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Tyson Nash making an ass out of himself... once again. 

Making excuses for a dude crosschecking and punching a kid who's clearly not a fighter and didn't even dropped the gloves.... somehow twisting it that it's on the young skilled players, that if they display their skills that they should get punched in the mouth...

To no surprise he was a pest in the NHL only there to rile up opposing team players to draw penalties and clearly bitter about not being able to do more. What a loser. 

According to him, Troy Terry deserved "this" for making fancy plays while being up 5-0. Terry and Zegras and their "fancy moves" probably sold more jerseys in a day than Nash and Beagle did in their entire careers

1915323739_ScreenShot2022-04-02at6_59_42PM.png.6b8379feda591632a421f1426301f08f.png

What an archaic jackass view from Nash. “If you use skill you should be attacked “. How does that grow the game in any way? No wonder the Coyotes are a joke organization that will be playing in a practice rink next year. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Zegras was not happy

Good for Zegras. That was bull crap. Imagine making such lame excuses for a cheap shot that injured a star. 

Try playing better. Or fielding a competitive roster. It is embarrassing for the Coyotes and the league that that thuggery is allowed. A message needs to be sent. But I'm sure it'll be business as usual. 

30 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Flyers are in a tough spot here (and of course I love it when any team that isn't the Devils is in a tough spot), but it's one of those deals where how far do you go in letting a rapidly declining player continue to chase a milestone?

I always appreciate Iron Men types who can somehow avoid injury in a sport where that can happen anywhere, anytime...but good lord, Yandle has really been bad for the Flyers.  I know he's on a bad team, and that +/- ain't everything (especially on bad teams), but good lord, he's a -39...outside of JVR (-32), the rest of his teammates are -19 or better.  He's been getting less and less ice time per game (I imagine due to poor play...he's put up 2 points in his last 31 GP, and this was a guy known for being able to provide offense), and he's only been a Flyer for this season...do they really owe him anything?

If anything, you can probably make the argument that his Iron Man streak prevented the Flyers from scratching him much sooner...but it finally got to a point where they said enough is enough.  I get why some of his teammates might be ticked, but it goes back to the same thing...if you have no history with your current team and you look like you're close to finished (if not outright finished), even if the team you're on isn't playing for anything, should you expect to keep automatically getting thrown out on the ice so that you can chase an individual milestone?  When you have almost nothing left?   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

if you have no history with your current team and you look like you're close to finished (if not outright finished), even if the team you're on isn't playing for anything, should you expect to keep automatically getting thrown out on the ice so that you can chase an individual milestone?  When you have almost nothing left?   

The history thing may be a big part of it.

Personally I would have let him finish out the season unless there was a compelling need not to (like a stud replacement you want to bring up and see at the NHL level). But as my NJDevs reputation obviously proves, I’m way too nice. ;) 

Blah blah blah, Yandle hasn't been a top-6 NHL D-man for a few years now and the iron man streak was more or less a farce imo.  Someone on HFBoards broke it down but he essentially avoids contact at any cost and plays about as soft as one could possibly play at this point just to keep this streak alive.

If I was the Flyers I probably would've let him get to 1000 just to avoid this controversy, but man he should've been healthy scratched years ago.  Remember Florida tried and people made enough of a stink that the team and coaching staff actually yielded?

It's a distraction, classic example of making a player bigger than the team.  

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Blah blah blah, Yandle hasn't been a top-6 NHL D-man for a few years now and the iron man streak was more or less a farce imo.  Someone on HFBoards broke it down but he essentially avoids contact at any cost and plays about as soft as one could possibly play at this point just to keep this streak alive.

If I was the Flyers I probably would've let him get to 1000 just to avoid this controversy, but man he should've been healthy scratched years ago.  Remember Florida tried and people made enough of a stink that the team and coaching staff actually yielded?

It's a distraction, classic example of making a player bigger than the team.  

In a random sort of way, this whole Yandle thing reminded me of Tim Tebow's "run" with the Mets organization; basically, the guy never should've played beyond A ball, but he kept getting promoted, no matter how not-good his numbers were.  He actually enjoyed a 4-5 week hot stretch in AA ball (due more to good luck, really), then got hurt (which preserved his overall "OK" numbers at AA)...so the next season, right on up to AAA ball he goes, where he was embarrassingly AWFUL...and of course he was, because he was some entitled 30-something dude who thought he should be able to chase some dream no matter what, even though it was quickly obvious that he was never going to accomplish his goal of getting to the majors, due to simply not being nearly good enough...there's idiots (mostly Tebow disciples who seem to believe the guy actually does walk on water) who say "Well he got all the way to AAA!", but he had absolutely no business ever playing at that level.  And can't imagine how players who actually earned their way up to AAA (based entirely on MERIT) must have felt, re:  a guy like Tebow getting at-bats and unwarranted playing time at their expense, no matter how badly he was playing.

It sure seems like Yandle has absolutely nothing left...and pretty much has no business expecting to have a spot in the lineup, just so that he can chase some streak that's a nice individual accomplishment, but it's not like 989 games is so much worse...and like you said, there were definitely times previously where being scratched wouldn't have been some horrible travesty...he was lucky the streak lasted as long as it did.  I don't think the Flyers are in the wrong here.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976