Hughes back tonight against Sharks!

RunninWithTheDevil

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Wood is even further out after undergoing even more specific tests. How cool is that, actually wtf does that even mean? Did they not do the right test all along until now?

They started with random guesses, then moved on to educated guesses, then went with vague tests, then general tests, and now finally specific tests. 

Day to day for about 1 - 39 weeks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Gotta be honest, I completely forgot that Wood hasn't even played yet this season. Maybe that speaks volumes to who he is as a player, but maybe not. Overall though, I hope it's nothing serious, but it's definitely puzzling how they can be running tests and they're not sure what's wrong with him. 

14 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Gotta be honest, I completely forgot that Wood hasn't even played yet this season. Maybe that speaks volumes to who he is as a player, but maybe not. Overall though, I hope it's nothing serious, but it's definitely puzzling how they can be running tests and they're not sure what's wrong with him. 

Can't say I agree. He had a pretty decent year last year under Ruff and his speed always makes him a threat... now more on the scoreboard than just to the keeper's physical wellbeing. 25 pts and tied for the team lead in goals last season.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Can't say I agree. He had a pretty decent year last year under Ruff and his speed always makes him a threat... now more on the scoreboard than just to the keeper's physical wellbeing. 25 pts and tied for the team lead in goals last season.

Well, for starters, I mentioned that maybe it speaks volumes of him as a player, and maybe it doesn't. I get that you feel that he's underrated, and I'm not saying I necessarily disagree. I'm just saying that for whatever reason I kind of forgot about his presence on the team so far this season.  

Beyond that, I think perhaps one of the reasons why you or others see him as an impact player and valuable to the team highlights just how bad we have been and how much we're lacking true offensive threats. On most other teams, Wood would probably be a third line player, at best. 

Not trying to disrespect him, I like the guy a lot, just stating what I see/how I feel.  

Edited by NJDfan1711

10 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Well, for starters, I mentioned that maybe it speaks volumes of him as a player, and maybe it doesn't. I get that you feel that he's underrated, and I'm not saying I necessarily disagree. I'm just saying that for whatever reason I kind of forgot about his presence on the team so far this season.  

Beyond that, I think perhaps one of the reasons why you or others see him as an impact player and valuable to the team highlights just how bad we have been and how much we're lacking true offensive threats. On most other teams, Wood would probably be a third line player, at best. 

Not trying to disrespect him, I like the guy a lot, just stating what I see/how I feel.  

I never said underrated or overrated. He's presence just isn't as forgettable as you made it out to be in your comment and wanted to point out he had a decent year last year by Wood/NJD standards. That is all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

i mean, have we been "this bad" ? we've been playing without our 2 top goalies, our top centre and missing a few other guys here and there. And we're 3-2-0. Realistic expectations for this team were to be a bubble team maybe challenging for a wildcard spot. And well this is precisely what our record is so far. 

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i mean, have we been "this bad" ? we've been playing without our 2 top goalies, our top centre and missing a few other guys here and there. And we're 3-2-0. Realistic expectations for this team were to be a bubble team maybe challenging for a wildcard spot. And well this is precisely what our record is so far. 

I think people are just anticipating the worst. 

They may end up being very, very right, but I think that’s what’s happening. 

20 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I didn't mean we've been bad this season - was talking about in the past. 

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah everything considered we did pretty damn good this season so far, pretty on par with expectations, even slightly higher.

Sucks we're in a very tough division though

but, with a point today, we climb into a wild card spot. I'll freaking take being this close throughout the time without Jack

14 minutes ago, jagknife said:

but, with a point today, we climb into a wild card spot. I'll freaking take being this close throughout the time without Jack

yeah exactly. We're tied with 5 others teams right now so we could drop quite a few spots if we don't but wtv, very early. Obviously there's team below us like boston, islanders that we just know won't stay there over the season. I also assume Bufgalo, detroit and the rangers will drop eventually. hopefully the hurricanes too

hate to post a my son heard from his friend, who was Miles Woods roomate in college-  i know, one of these

But he just heard from Miles, will be having hip surgery- out 6mths or more.  And that Jacks evaluation will be

one where his shoulder either makes great/complete progress by Dec,

or he may be done, also with a procedure- will decide then.  

5 hours ago, PuckDropper said:

hate to post a my son heard from his friend, who was Miles Woods roomate in college-  i know, one of these

But he just heard from Miles, will be having hip surgery- out 6mths or more.  And that Jacks evaluation will be

one where his shoulder either makes great/complete progress by Dec,

or he may be done, also with a procedure- will decide then.  

If your son got that straight from the horse’s mouth, then that fvcking blows. 

Edited by MadDog2020

20 minutes ago, PuckDropper said:

i know-  we actually heard from this kid 2 weeks ago that Miles wasnt coming back, but i thought

it may be one of those he/she saids,  but he just heard from him today.  Sounds legit unfortunatly

I just hope Jack’s shoulder responds. The last thing we need is to lose him for the whole year.