GDT: Devils @ Minnesota 8:00 PM MSG+2

MadDog2020

48 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Siegenthaler reminds me of the tall doofus who always got abused and picked on in the schoolyard by the other kids. For a guy his size he brings absolutely zero physical presence, his defense sucks, and he has zero mean streak

Hard to kill Siegenthaler for not having a mean streak, he fits right in with almost everyone else on the team. We don't have any nasty SOBs who take a regular shift. PK throws a nasty slew foot once in a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Hard to kill Siegenthaler for not having a mean streak, he fits right in with almost everyone else on the team. We don't have any nasty SOBs who take a regular shift. PK throws a nasty slew foot once in a while.

We could really use the Miles Wood of a few years ago. Not necessarily the constant running of goalies, but just that he always played with an edge. He kind of toned it down after he got suspended that one time, but even still, we’re definitely missing him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

We could really use the Miles Wood of a few years ago. Not necessarily the constant running of goalies, but just that he always played with an edge. He kind of toned it down after he got suspended that one time, but even still, we’re definitely missing him. 

He's missed, as a goal scorer and a competitor. I hope he can recover from his injury and still be an effective player. 

I know the game has changed from 20 years ago, but I can't help but think we need a little bit more size and strength if not snarl.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MB3 said:

jesus christ some of you guys are just flatline stupid. 

they have the best record in the western conference. 

do you think the Devils have played them exclusively? 

“Derr, you are [insert name calling] because I have no emotional or social intelligence and don’t understand what you said”….you can basically copy this template for every one of your posts. You’re welcome.

Do you think them currently having the best record in the western conference early in the season means a team cannot make them look better than what they are? They aren’t cup contenders. Take your meds before posting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

After seeing how he has treated Larfenier and Kakko and some of their other prospects I am glad we dodged that bullet. 

Kakko has 8 points in his last 7 games.  Maybe Gallant‘s figured out how to get more out of him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I. Want. A. GOAL SCORER.  Give me someone who actually WANTS to score.  Someone who is hungry and can put the puck in the fvcking net every night or every other night.  My God, this team has never even had a 50 goal scorer in its entire existence, and it's getting to the point where even a 30 or 40 goal scorer is out of the question.  That is downright pathetic and sad.  We have absolutely no finish and no tenacity.   We have a team of young, "shifty", flashy, pass-first offensive players, and clueless, out of position defensive players, coupled with inconsistent goaltending. 

Say what you want about Taylor Hall, but the season with him scoring points in 25 or 26 games in a row was fvcking exciting.  You literally knew the dude was going to bring something exciting to the game every night.  I miss that desperately.  This team is seriously lacking a player with drive and who isn't afraid to go to the net and bury pucks. 

Nico for Laine straight up.

• Like 1

Bad game all around.  Coaching sucks, offense outside the Mercer line was in and out (though I thought Tatar seemed to be in-gear), and defense outside of Hamilton had a rough night.

Nico is becoming a bigger and bigger issue with each game.  His staunches defenders point to his "intangibles" as to his biggest asset.  However, like Sharangovich, it seems like everyone he is paired with on his line just doesn't seem to get going outside of Zacha here and there.  He's becoming an offensive black hole for his linemates and that is very concerning.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Nico is becoming a bigger and bigger issue with each game.  His staunches defenders point to his "intangibles" as to his biggest asset.  However, like Sharangovich, it seems like everyone he is paired with on his line just doesn't seem to get going outside of Zacha here and there.  He's becoming an offensive black hole for his linemates and that is very concerning.

I’ve always been a Nico supporter- I’m fed up at this point. He needs to start producing. No more excuses.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Kakko has 8 points in his last 7 games.  Maybe Gallant‘s figured out how to get more out of him.

Yeah I think he treated them exactly as their played dictated so far nothing was handed them. Kravtsov has exposed his pu&&y now two years on a row under two coaches and GMs. A guy like Nico for example is probably lucky Gallant isn't here he would be slid down the lineup for sure at times for a no name without hesitation. 

Edited by titans04

42 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Yeah I think he treated them exactly as their played dictated so far nothing was handed them. Kravtsov has exposed his pansy now two years on a row. A guy like Nico for example s probably lucky Gallant isn't here he would be slid down the lineup for sure at times for a no name without hesitation. 

Ruff has shown he isn’t afraid to bench guys. That better apply to the captain too if this keeps up.

43 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Ruff has shown he isn’t afraid to bench guys. That better apply to the captain too if this keeps up.

that's a whole different level (putting your captain in the press box) than pushing a guy why down the lineup and/or drastically limiting his ice time or parking Ty Smith upstairs.  Smith is barely a NHL player on a team who's defense is suspect. He would be better served going to Utica for 2 weeks imo where they're tearing it up. Some of that confidence would hopefully rub off on him. 

As for Nico I'll say this the choice of making him the captain isn't aging well at all imo. It was cool story at the time but mostly because there was nothing else to hold onto as a fan.  He hadn't really earned it imo but hoped he would grow into it.  He certainly hasn't done anything since then to justify the choice and I would prefer there be no captain.  To me a teams captain should be dominant/lead on the ice and in the room. 

53 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Nico's been disappointing so far (if I were to describe it I'd say he's simply less "there", all-around), but I don't think he's been bench-the-guy bad.  There's other guys who should rank well ahead of him on that list.  

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nico's been disappointing so far (if I were to describe it I'd say he's simply less "there", all-around), but I don't think he's been bench-the-guy bad.  There's other guys who should rank well ahead of him on that list.  

I agree- but he’s trending that way. His game has been going in the wrong direction. If it continues, measures need five take.

Edited by MadDog2020

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Gallant’s answer was “hey let’s stick him with two of the best forwards in the national hockey league” and WOW it’s working! 

Put me on a line with Mika and Panarin and I’ll light up the stat sheet.

Not like you could just stick ANY player with those two and have it automatically work though.  Guys get opportunities to skate with upper-echelon linemates and aren't always able to take advantage.  Of course we'll see if Kakko keeps this up.

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I agree- but he’s trending that way. His game has been going in the wrong direction. If it continues, measures need five take.

I don't see his game going THAT far in the wrong direction...but man if it does, chances are a lot of other things will have gone wrong as well.

And on a side note...I'm not hitting the panic button on 2021-22 yet, but this can't be yet another season where after a fun start, that everything just goes completely to sh!t, and the front office does little about it, until it's time to start selling off whatever they can at the deadline.  Enough of that...there were reasons/excuses to do that in the past, but when you go spend a fortune on Hamilton (which of course we all approved of), and some of the kids have now been around a while, it's time to expect a little more...no one's expect to be in the SCF, but don't think it's so much to ask for this team to not be out of the WC hunt by January.

I can live with the on-ice personnel staying intact for now...but for the love of God Fitz, please tell me the issues with your assistant coaches are at least on your fvcking radar at this point.  I don't see how they couldn't be. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Gallant’s answer was “hey let’s stick him with two of the best forwards in the national hockey league” and WOW it’s working! 

Put me on a line with Mika and Panarin and I’ll light up the stat sheet.

Didn't work with Lafwhatshisname  so I don't think that's true at all. It's Mika and Krieder with Kakko. Panarin and Strome have been together except for maybe a game or two. Regardless Laf worked his way all the way down to the 4th line for a few games before now being a 3rd liner never seeing pp time.

In the end if the choice of coaches is Gallant or Ruff, it's not even remotely close imo at this point in their careers. 

48 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm not hitting the panic button on 2021-22 yet, but this can't be yet another season where after a fun start, that everything just goes completely to sh!t, and the front office does little about it, until it's time to start selling off whatever they can at the deadline.  Enough of that...there were reasons/excuses to do that in the past, but when you go spend a fortune on Hamilton (which of course we all approved of), and some of the kids have now been around a while, it's time to expect a little more...no one's expect to be in the SCF, but don't think it's so much to ask for this team to not be out of the WC hunt by January.

I can live with the on-ice personnel staying intact for now...but for the love of God Fitz, please tell me the issues with your assistant coaches are at least on your fvcking radar at this point.  I don't see how they couldn't be. 

I can't agree more with this opinion. The onus is on Fitz to not let a losing streak spiral into a season swirling the drain. Does that mean firing coaches? Maybe. Or, a trade can be made to diversify the forwards on this team and shake things up. Jake DeBrusk has asked the Bruins to trade him. Fitz could determine if he'd fit in here and maybe inquire what the price is.

21 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I can't agree more with this opinion. The onus is on Fitz to not let a losing streak spiral into a season swirling the drain. Does that mean firing coaches? Maybe. Or, a trade can be made to diversify the forwards on this team and shake things up. Jake DeBrusk has asked the Bruins to trade him. Fitz could determine if he'd fit in here and maybe inquire what the price is.

Wonder what they would want in return? (in reality) Severson? PK, ? But I keep hearing w/ Jake, be careful what you wish for. 

15 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Wonder what they would want in return? (in reality) Severson? PK, ? But I keep hearing w/ Jake, be careful what you wish for. 

I'm hearing that, too. He hasn't played with grit since 2019. Why is that? I think the Bruins might ask for Bratt or Zacha to add more skill. Maybe they would settle for Tatar and McLeod. 

It's also a red flag that DeBrusk's mother is defending her son on Twitter. That's just bonkers.

Edited by Jerrydevil

10 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I'm hearing that, too. He hasn't played with grit since 2019. Why is that? I think the Bruins might ask for Bratt or Zacha to add more skill. Maybe they would settle for Tatar and McLeod. 

ConcreteWeakIvorygull-max-1mb.gif

Maple Leafs’ Nazem Kadri suspended for remainder of first round

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1