GDT - Saturday- Devils @ Blue Jackets 1/8/22 7:00pm MSG+

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

I know we lost but what a finish. It's hard to be mad about this game overall, at least that's how I feel about it. Good hockey.

Yeah they still have those shaky moments on D, but they were missing key cogs.  I’m more mad because it felt like they could’ve gotten a point, but I’m not mad about the effort.  

• Like 1

oh RAZU.

wtf that is?

good effort all game, ran outta talent which is understandable when you barely have enough to begin with when everybody is healthy.

this one will go in the moral victory column for sure with the post game crew,

Edited by titans04

Just now, Nicomo said:

The guy at #1 hurts almost as much as the guy at 31. 

Shesterkin is good. I'm giving a credit where it's due. Rangers are playing with a lot of confidence and they fully deserve their position in the standings...I still hate them though...

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

Shesterkin is good. I'm giving a credit where it's due. Rangers are playing with a lot of confidence and they fully deserve their position in the standings...I still hate them though...

They should be good. They buy all the best players, the best available coach wanted to go there, etc. Hopefully they’ll choke like they always do. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

They should be good. They buy all the best players, the best available coach wanted to go there, etc. Hopefully they’ll choke like they always do. 

Of course they'll choke. Buying all the best players isn't always the recipe (Edmonton), but they are well-coached for sure.

7 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Of course they'll choke. Buying all the best players isn't always the recipe (Edmonton), but they are well-coached for sure.

Who did Edmonton ever buy? Their problem is they don’t put enough around their 2 stars (and RNH). 

• Like 1

Blackwood is not tracking pucks at all well this season. So many times last night he makes a save and is looking down for the puck and it's gone. At one point he thought he had it covered and a blue jacket has it behind the net.  

It's disappointing that two players we thought we could build around in Ty Smith and Blackwood are playing like they belong in the AHL. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Blackwood is not tracking pucks at all well this season. So many times last night he makes a save and is looking down for the puck and it's gone. At one point he thought he had it covered and a blue jacket has it behind the net.  

It's disappointing that two players we thought we could build around in Ty Smith and Blackwood are playing like they belong in the AHL. 

One thing that I am NOT doing anytime soon is assuming that any Devils goaltending tandems with Blackwood in the mix has a chance to be above average…or even average at this point.  Not with a .900 save% and 3.12 GAA in 57 GP since the start of last season…yes, there are other issues, but there’s plenty to be desired when it comes to Mac’s play.

But given the state of the goaltending throughout the system, unless Fitz wants to give anything up to try to improve upon what’s here, Blackwood’s going to get a lot of games.  And he should really count his blessings that the Devils have little choice but to try to let him play his way out of this.

What also sucks is that the Devils are actually scoring some goals lately (23 in their last 6 GP)…but they also give up so damned many.  They’ve given up two goals or less in just 10 games this season…but allowed four or more in 16 GP.  And given the mistakes we see being made time and time again, I can see why the Devils can be so porous.

Which again begs the question…improved PK notwithstanding, why is nASS still fvcking here?!

Oh and BTW the Devils are 13-2-5 when allowing 3 goals or less in regulation + OT (there’s a pair of 4-3 shootout losses in there).  Which gives everyone an idea of how god-awful they are when they they give up 4+…which unfortunately is happening way too fvcking often. 

11 hours ago, titans04 said:

oh RAZU.

wtf that is?

Careful, comments like that could be considered racist nowadays 😉

not here though, people have half a brain and realize you’re cracking jokes. But if it was a hockey quote… that’s the half of the brain that is questionable….