GDT: Sharks @ Devils 1PM 10/22

Nicomo

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not going to call anyone names, but he certainly has a lot of negative opinions of the franchise. At times I wonder why he is still a fan. 

A decade of nothing will do that to a lot of people. Still a fan of this team because they are my team and I still enjoy going to games even when they suck. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, nessus said:

That Taylor Hall trade is looking better and better every day. Crazy to think that Mercer, Bahl, and Siegenthaler (acquired from one of the picks from Arizona) are all Devils from that trade.

Until you mentioned it, I never put together that Siegenthaler was also acquired with assets from that trade.  Amazing job by both Shero and Fitz to come out of the Taylor Hall situation with three good young players 

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Until you mentioned it, I never put together that Siegenthaler was also acquired with assets from that trade.  Amazing job by both Shero and Fitz to come out of the Taylor Gall situation with three good young players 

A top 6 forward and a top 4 D is an absolutely amazing return for half a season of Taylor Hall. 

If Bahl turns into a solid 3rd pairing guy that’s just a bonus. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

A decade of nothing will do that to a lot of people. Still a fan of this team because they are my team and I still enjoy going to games even when they suck. 

I’m glad. But you can’t really tell that from your posts a lot of the time. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What joy has this team brought you since the season where Hall dragged them to the playoffs? 

Winning the draft lotto? Cause that's basically all we've done since the team has basically been eliminated before January every year. 

Didn't realize my user name was Ray Of Sunshine Hockey and I'm supposed to pretend like everything's awesome lol

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

since you’ve joined the forum, the Devils have won (1) single playoff game. You’ll be coming up on a decade soon. 

People use forums for a lot of different things. He uses it to vent, and I don’t blame him. But I also understand that you haven’t really ever interacted with a lot of these members in a season where the Devils aren’t a total laughingstock, so that probably paints a different picture to you.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

What joy has this team brought you since the season where Hall dragged them to the playoffs? 

Winning the draft lotto? Cause that's basically all we've done since the team has basically been eliminated before January every year. 

Didn't realize my user name was Ray Of Sunshine Hockey and I'm supposed to pretend like everything's awesome lol

21 minutes ago, MB3 said:

since you’ve joined the forum, the Devils have won (1) single playoff game. You’ll be coming up on a decade soon. 

People use forums for a lot of different things. He uses it to vent, and I don’t blame him. But I also understand that you haven’t really ever interacted with a lot of these members in a season where the Devils aren’t a total laughingstock, so that probably paints a different picture to you.

I derive a lot of joy from the team. The drafts, sure. Games we win, yes. Guys like Bratt who looked like they’d be nothing, and then they aren’t, yes. Going to games with my daughter, yes. 

I understand that we haven’t been to the playoffs, but yeah, there are still dozens of ways to enjoy the team. 

Venting is fine, of course, but when that’s what you choose to do and you are negative most of the time, don’t be surprised if someone mentions it on a discussion board. 

Sometimes I wonder why you’d be a STH, it’s that negative most of the time. 

Edited by mfitz804

If only it was just about the team doing badly. it's everything around the team or beyond.

my 2 favourite is when he was whining about sponsors logo on the ice and mfitz asked him "so you're telling me that during the 0.0005second the puck slides across a logo on the ice... that's making you lose track of the puck?" and he answered "yes". Or that time he was saying that an opposing players shouldn't be allowed to skate around the ice celebrating a milestone win cause he's in our building... that kind of stuff is beyond just being unhappy with how the team plays lol It's just being negative for being negative. 

Even if the team did well, he'd still bring up that our jerseys and helmet will be filled with logos and the ice and the boards and that then he won't be going to games, watch or wtv. We know buddy, we know.

And for the record, he can say wtv he wants. But since it's a message board we're allowed to give our opinion on that too.

Edited by SterioDesign

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I derive a lot of joy from the team. The drafts, sure. Games we win, yes. Guys like Bratt who looked like they’d be nothing, and then they aren’t, yes. Going to games with my daughter, yes. 

I understand that we haven’t been to the playoffs, but yeah, there are still dozens of ways to enjoy the team. 

Venting is fine, of course, but when that’s what you choose to do and you are negative most of the time, don’t be surprised if someone mentions it on a discussion board. 

Sometimes I wonder why you’d be a STH, it’s that negative most of the time. 

I have plenty of posts celebrating goals in game day threads and mentioning I'm happy Blackwood is playing well even if I don't care for him. 

I've mentioned plenty of times that I'm a season ticket holder cause I love going to games even if they lose and I enjoy all the long term season ticket holders who sit around me that I'm friends with. 

Frankly, if anyone has an issue with my posts they can use the half ass block feature and not interact with me and scroll right on by if they see me get quoted if that's what they want to do.

It's how I've been going about posting here for the last year with people who I have blocked because I have 0 interest in reading their posts and it's absolutely made this place more enjoyable. 

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I have plenty of posts celebrating goals in game day threads and mentioning I'm happy Blackwood is playing well even if I don't care for him. 

I've mentioned plenty of times that I'm a season ticket holder cause I love going to games even if they lose and I enjoy all the long term season ticket holders who sit around me that I'm friends with. 

Frankly, if anyone has an issue with my posts they can use the half ass block feature and not interact with me and scroll right on by if they see me get quoted if that's what they want to do.

It's how I've been going about posting here for the last year with people who I have blocked because I have 0 interest in reading their posts and it's absolutely made this place more enjoyable. 

I don’t have an issue with your posts per se, they just make me wonder whether you are enjoying yourself a lot of the time. I’m glad you are. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hilarious to me that people are sh!tting on the fans already cause of a 3 game winning streak that includes wins over 2 of the worst teams in the league. Do I want Ruff to succeed? Of course, why would anyone who is an actual fan of this team want us to suck yet again? But lets hold the horses on that this whole thing is turned around... 

Well the Rags did lose to the Sharks and we won, that must make the Devils Cup contenders. 🤔

3 hours ago, Lateralous said:

Until you mentioned it, I never put together that Siegenthaler was also acquired with assets from that trade.  Amazing job by both Shero and Fitz to come out of the Taylor Hall situation with three good young players 

Shero sucked.  

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

If only it was just about the team doing badly. it's everything around the team or beyond.

my 2 favourite is when he was whining about sponsors logo on the ice and mfitz asked him "so you're telling me that during the 0.0005second the puck slides across a logo on the ice... that's making you lose track of the puck?" and he answered "yes". Or that time he was saying that an opposing players shouldn't be allowed to skate around the ice celebrating a milestone win cause he's in our building... that kind of stuff is beyond just being unhappy with how the team plays lol It's just being negative for being negative. 

Even if the team did well, he'd still bring up that our jerseys and helmet will be filled with logos and the ice and the boards and that then he won't be going to games, watch or wtv. We know buddy, we know.

And for the record, he can say wtv he wants. But since it's a message board we're allowed to give our opinion on that too.

Since as you say it’s a message board and we can give our opinion on other posters’ comments, I think your criticisms of his posts are asinine and make no sense and that calling them out the way you have was completely unnecessary.

35 minutes ago, devlman said:

Since as you say it’s a message board and we can give our opinion on other posters’ comments, I think your criticisms of his posts are asinine and make no sense and that calling them out the way you have was completely unnecessary.

And I think your opinion is crap, it’s often crap, and you should pay attention to who says what. I didn’t call him out. 

On top of that, you have a white knight complex. 

Edited by mfitz804

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And I think your opinion is crap, it’s often crap, and you should pay attention to who says what. I didn’t call him out. 

On top of that, you have a white knight complex. 

And the majority of your posts are unrelated to hockey and are blatant and obvious attention-seeking, likely because you receive none in real life. Therefore I also wonder if you’re a fan.

And I wasn’t even quoting you, so you’ve got the white knight and attention whore behavior to yourself. What a stupid game this is. 

11 minutes ago, devlman said:

And the majority of your posts are unrelated to hockey and are blatant and obvious attention-seeking, likely because you receive none in real life. Therefore I also wonder if you’re a fan.

And I wasn’t even quoting you, so you’ve got the white knight and attention whore behavior to yourself. What a stupid game this is. 

Fair enough, I should have paid more attention to who you were quoting. I kind of just assumed it was me since I was the most recent post and you literally do it all the time. 

I stand by the rest of it. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Oh wait…I forgot some people are SO tired of stats. Delete this immediately!

Let’s do ZERO stats going forward. If you want to talk about how well or poor a guy is doing, you have to describe it without any statistical references. 

So Jesper Bratt has been very assisty this season, and not so goaly. 

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

What a find in the 6th round. Dude has the chance to be our Zetterberg or Datsyuk. We better pay him. 

I literally forget how low he was drafted all the time. For all of the criticism of outer drafting over the years, someone got that pick right. Curious where he would fall in one of those “redraft” scenarios. Certainly above our first round pick. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I literally forget how low he was drafted all the time. For all of the criticism of outer drafting over the years, someone got that pick right. Curious where he would fall in one of those “redraft” scenarios. Certainly above our first round pick. 

I’d say easily top 10. There’s really only a handful of guys you can make a case for over Bratt.

Matthews 

Laine (I personally wouldn’t take him over Bratt)

Tkachuk

Sergachev 

McAvoy

Fox

Debrincat

That’s about it unless I’m missing someone.

Love it when one HOF super fan tells a season ticket holder who has never given up on going (excluding the covid season(s))  essentially burning his money to see a marginal product for years what a sh!tty fan he is. The guy has made more of a financial and emotional commitment to drag himself there through thick and thin than any of us non-sths could ever fathom.  I think he's earned his opinion after sitting through so much garbage the last number of years.  It's unfortunate it doesn't meet your level of acceptance.  Come on @Satans Hockey learn how to fan, please.🤣

Edited by titans04
  • Thanks 1