GDT: 10/28/2022 Avalanche @ Devils Please No Washington Part Deux Kind of Game

Colorado Rockies 1976

I suspect the Avs are a little surprised at how tough the Devils have been to play against tonight.  This has been a very encouraging effort.

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I challenge anyone to tell me one net-positive thing Tomas Tatar, Brendan Smith or Jesper Boqvist provide to this team.

Not accepting this challenge. 

Boquist is still young and can take draws apparently. I do think there might be more development there. Maybe not a top line player, but he's not going to bring back much in a trade anyway and he'd probably get claimed. He deserves a shot this year at some point. 

Tatar is at a 67.6% Corsi for. He's making the effort out there and he's shooting the puck. Would I have him over Holtz or Zetterlund? Probably not 

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/t/tatarto01.html

They are fine. Smith....I get it, but he should simply be a 7th dman. 

Edited by RizzMB30

Just now, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

They are not Andres Johnsson, Mason Gertsen or Frederick Gauthier? 

Not bad

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If we could give Boqvist’s skating to Holtz…

Boqvist was in every sense of the word a worse skater than Holtz is now 2 years ago. He put in the work.

Holtz is putting in the work in the off-season. It’ll pay off eventually. The guy wants to be great and I think he will.

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

They're really tempting fate with all the penalties.

Yes, how the fvck we have gotten away with it so far is a miracle. 

Just now, MB3 said:

Boqvist was in every sense of the word a worse skater than Holtz is now 2 years ago. He put in the work.

Holtz is putting in the work in the off-season. It’ll pay off eventually. The guy wants to be great and I think he will.

Hope so, that would be nice. 

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

This is why Severson will never be on winning teams. Took all our momentum and sh!t right on it like usually does.

Tough penalty to take. He’s swatting at the puck, it’s not his job to make sure someone isn’t playing baseball with it. 

I’ve always thought that if you try to play the puck with your hand, slashing shouldn’t be called.