Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Bonginator11 said:

What a gusty win

Guess it was both windy…

and GUTSY 😉

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Please go knock on wood right now there's 2 minutes left

I wasn’t saying that the Devils were a lock to win at that point, but they had clearly proven that they could play with the Oilers.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm still on cloud 9. What a win. Crazy.

This team has beaten the Avs and Oilers.  Jumped up and down all over the Blue Jackets, who so often seem to have the Devils’ number.  Hard not to feel good about what we’re seeing.

Oh, and another 43 shots on goal tonight.  This team is averaging right around 40 shots per game…that’s so insane.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Puckbuster said:

You can’t turn off games on the Devils anymore.  Those days are on the past.

I didn’t know if the Devils could pull it off, but I definitely thought they had a legit shot, once they had the intermission to regroup.  And yeah, in other years I would’ve called it a night and then not been surprised at a 6-2 loss or something like that.  Even if they had lost 3-2, I would’ve at least felt like they held their own.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I didn’t know if the Devils could pull it off, but I definitely thought they had a legit shot, once they had the intermission to regroup.  And yeah, in other years I would’ve called it a night and then not been surprised at a 6-2 loss or something like that.  Even if they had lost 3-2, I would’ve at least felt like they held their own.  

I still think they need a sniper to be a true cup contender.

Just now, Puckbuster said:

I still think they need a sniper to be a true cup contender.

They need to get Tatard off Nico’s line…and out of the top 6.  Will probably be a while before that happens…but at least they’re still finding a way to bank wins.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They need to get Tatard off Nico’s line…and out of the top 6.  Will probably be a while before that happens…but at least they’re still finding a way to bank wins.  

That spot was for Holtz to take, but he just didn’t show enough.  Is he still in the press box?