2023 all-purpose Pre-season GDT

RunninWithTheDevil

32 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

42.9 PP% percentage in preseason. holy sh!t. The PK numbers looking good too. 

Impossible. Mark Recchi was an infallible power play genius. Surely there is a league wide conspiracy to make him look much worse than he actually was for two teams

• Haha 1

Didn't see much of this game, but I had a couple of observations.

These two power play units just make so much sense. I hated when they sent out their top 5 players who didn't exactly fit their roles on the power play, and then the second unit was useless. Now we have two units composed of players that complement each other.

Luke with a bunch of rough plays tonight. It's not really concerning because Jack had a bunch of those as a rookie. But it's actually nice to see Lindy continuing to play him despite those errors. Lots of good tonight too.

Holtz still is a work in progress but I thought he made some nice plays tonight. You can really see him improving and working hard out there.

Hard not to like Lazar. I don't see how he isn't a starting fourth liner for us - not that this was any mystery, since tonight's roster looks a lot like what we will see on opening night.

• Like 3

Just finished watching this.

Yeah, with Luke it’s going to be “Holy sh!t!” for both good and bad reasons for a while, but I’ll happily live with the growing pains.

I think Holtz has done enough to make the team, but not sure he’s quite ready to stick with Hischier and Timo.  Feels like he’s going to hold them back.

That last power play…yikes.

This Devils team is…fvcking good.  And not even fully cooked yet!  Good times good times…

• Like 6

And on a side note I really hope Brendan Smith isn’t being considered for regular duty.  He forever feels like an ill-timed penalty just waiting to happen.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And on a side note I really hope Brendan Smith isn’t being considered for regular duty.  He forever feels like an ill-timed penalty just waiting to happen.

Regular doody is more like it.  I know, that was as lame as it gets.

6 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

The team looks good and is rolling right through pre season with one left to go. A lot to be excited about here! I still have my doubts about Vanecek but if the rest of the team can do their job consistently I think he’ll be serviceable enough 

Just by pre-season only, I have way more faith in Vaneck than in Schmid ... But that will be a long season so every one will have his chance

3 hours ago, moustic said:

Just by pre-season only, I have way more faith in Vaneck than in Schmid ... But that will be a long season so every one will have his chance

Not trying to sh!t in the goaltending, don’t know who was playing in front of schmid his last game either but letting five goals fly by in pre season, fvckin woof. I dont know, we’ll see. If they are doing their job I have faith fitz will do what he needs to do.