GDT3: Panthers @ Devils - 10/16, 7PM

Nicomo

Not surprised Miller is out there for the optional skate...gotta be doing all that he can to try to force his way into the lineup.

I'm already ready for the Devils to move on from Smith, but at the same time, can't say that Miller exactly wowed during preseason.

L

G

M

F

D!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not surprised Miller is out there for the optional skate...gotta be doing all that he can to try to force his way into the lineup.

I'm already ready for the Devils to move on from Smith, but at the same time, can't say that Miller exactly wowed during preseason.

L

G

M

F

D!

Miller is at least a decent skater w/ quicker feet.  Smith worries me about taking a bs penalty at the wrong time. (not that there is a good time)

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

They haven’t even lost in regulation yet and you’re busting out the big guns? :lol:

Yeah I was saving that for a legit slump.  Can't just go whipping out the purple bar all willy-nilly heh heh.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vincois said:

Miller is at least a decent skater w/ quicker feet.  Smith worries me about taking a bs penalty at the wrong time. (not that there is a good time)

Oh trust me I hate that Smith is playing in these games.  I was hoping he'd be locked in as the 7th D who got into maybe 20-30 games this year.  Maybe that's still the case, but yeah, I'd like to see Miller get 8-10 games to see what he has.

Of course, we don't have the luxury of seeing these guys in practice, which has me wondering if Miller's struggling to catch on to the Devils' current system.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

purple bar is inevitable

Well at least keep it plugged in until game time so it's fully charged...

Just now, Nicomo said:

Speaking of that the 3 day break sucks. And then there’s another one between Friday and Tuesday. WTF

Yeah basically after tonight, one game in the next 7 days.  (3 off, game on 10/20, another 3 off).  That kinda sucks.  But at least we didn't have to wait forever for the season to start, like the Islanders did.  

• Like 1

I am all for summoning the purple bar whenever necessary.

Florida is going to be desperate for a win, the Devils will need to be on their game tonight.

I am hoping for a strong game from Holtz. I'm really rooting for the guy, but he needs to show he can take that next step forward. At the NHL level, I'm not sure we've seen that yet. At least there's still some time for him. 

• Like 1