1/25/2024 GDT: Devils @ Canes, 7:30 pm, MSGSN

Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Aznjsn said:

Our PP is so bad. Like dreadfully bad

I'm so sick of the swing play when they come up the ice. I know we're not the only team that does it, but don't they realize that when they speed up to the red line and sometimes even the opposing Blue line only drop it back 30 ft, they're killing their own momentum? If they would just continue forward it would accomplish the same thing and they could enter the zone in less time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

He is passive, offensively. You don’t think he is very deferential with the puck? Don’t get so sensitive.

Not sensitive at all.  Just think the idea that Nico’s now this passive offensive player is way offbase.

3 minutes ago, aylbert said:

I always have to watch on espn+…  but is the audio feed exceptionally bad this game?  

At least we get the Progressive “young home owners turning into their parents” commercials at most stoppages 

Edited by Lateralous

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not sensitive at all.  Just think the idea that Nico’s now this passive offensive player is way offbase.

He has flashes now and then where he’ll attack the net and be assertive with the puck. I wish he would take over in this manner a lot more. Hes got the ability to do it and he doesn’t really do it. Easier said than done but hey, with all our guys out we need him to step up.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I wouldn’t say passive, but every once in a while he’ll have a game where he’s driving the net much harder than normal. I don’t think he’s some soft perimeter player or anything (obviously - look where he scores most of his goals from), but there’s definitely another gear to his game you see him hit at times. 

He’s also obviously receiving much more attention with Jack out. 

Edited by Nicomo

3 minutes ago, aylbert said:

I always have to watch on espn+…  but is the audio feed exceptionally bad this game?  

Yeah, it's funky for me. Some levels are much louder than others. Erika was barely audible during intermission then they cut to bill and Dano and it's like an action scene at a movie theater.

Just now, Devs64 said:

Many times Luke can just carry the puck into the zone on PP. I hate these constant drop passes.

EVERYONE knows that it’s coming.  That’s not fooling ANYONE.

11 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm so sick of the swing play when they come up the ice. I know we're not the only team that does it, but don't they realize that when they speed up to the red line and sometimes even the opposing Blue line only drop it back 30 ft, they're killing their own momentum? If they would just continue forward it would accomplish the same thing and they could enter the zone in less time

Yup. We waste a whole min and a half trying to gain the zone because everyone knows it's coming.

Just now, devlman said:

Yikes do they practice 6-on-5?

Sure but looks who runs the practices.