2/22/2024 GDT: Rangers @ Devils, 7 pm - Win or Else

Colorado Rockies 1976

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If ever win an insane lotto I'm buying the team and putting in away fan only sections for every single game and fan friendly concession stand prices. Sections 12/13/14 only for the away sections. 13 is sold first then 12 and then 14 if they sell them out. They have a week before the game deadline then the rest of the tickets get released to our fans. The sections will have a heavy amount of security. 

I'll stop day dreaming now lol

If I bought the team, I’d allow fans from 31 teams in. Rag fans would be banned. Anyone with a Rags jersey would be tased and thrown in a clown car and driven the fvck home. I’d employ the blowtorch people at entry for just those games to enforce. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Yeah it’s about time the inmates start chanting that again

Yeah, after that loss to the Caps, it's absolutely time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ButlerBulldog said:

The idea behind keeping opponents’ fans—and Rangers fans, in particular—out of the building is to maintain home-ice advantage with respect to fan support.  If at least forty percent of the crowd is wearing blue jerseys, that doesn’t happen.  Why should Rangers fans be allowed to turn a game at Prudential Center into a de facto road contest for the Devils?

That's exactly my point. You're asking why should Rangers fans be allowed to turn a game at Prudential into a road contest for us? Great question. Maybe because they care more? I don't know. 

SH is mentioning that it's primarily money - tickets to the garden are more expensive so they can go to games in our arena for cheaper. There's definitely some truth to that I'm sure, but to me it doesn't completely excuse the stadium being so blue, nor do I think it warrant creating away-fan-only sections. 

I'm sorry, but if the arena is blue shame on us as Devils fans. The tickets are the same price for us as they are for Rangers fans so we have just as much ability to scoop them up and pack the place as they do. 

Also, I'm not trying to discount the experience that others have had at other venues, but I've been to my fair share of road games because I don't live in jersey and I've hardly ever had a bad experience or scuffle with fans. 

I've been to the Panthers arena, the Hurricanes arena, the Bolts arena, all of those are always a great time even with me wearing a Devils jersey. 

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 1

Can we just stop with the insane hyperbolic percentages thrown out there of how many rag fans are in the building. It sounds very ranger-fan like. It hasn’t been 40% for years since the CAA days.

To each their own, and everyone has their own finances and interest level, but my two cents is I’d never re-sell my tix back where a rag fan could potentially buy. I don’t care how much they price it. It’s 2 games, max.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

💯 If was up to me, they wouldn’t even be allowed in at all. Their money ain’t green and they can fvck off and go spend it at the most overrated sh!thole on earth in Midtown. 

I could have sworn you were one of the guys here that was against opposing fan only sections, and based on some things you say around here and what I feel like I know about you, I'm kind of surprised that you're actually for it. 

Mainly, I feel like supporting away fan only sections another example of the pussification of America. A generation of soft people who can't deal with tough situations or anything other than marshmallows and roses.  

Seriously, so many people would like to go to another team's stadium and be told that they can only sit in two or three specific sections? And we'd be surrounded only be our "own kind"?  What fun is that?  I love sitting next to fans of other teams and learning their perspective.  It's such a small percentage of people who are douchebags - 99% of people are decent and don't cause problems. I just don't see how it's considered such an issue for you guys. 

But, at the end of the day if I'm in the minority, I'm in the minority. I won't argue it. 

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

Can we just stop with the insane hyperbolic percentages thrown out there of how many rag fans are in the building. It sounds very ranger-fan like. It hasn’t been 40% for years since the CAA days.

To each their own, and everyone has their own finances and interest level, but my two cents is I’d never re-sell my tix back where a rag fan could potentially buy. I don’t care how much they price it. It’s 2 games, max.

To be clear, I was speaking hypothetically.  I don’t know how many Rangers fans actually attend Devils home games, but I do know that it would be weird to look in the stands during those matchups and see more blue than red, irrespective of the underlying reason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Mainly, I feel like supporting away fan only sections another example of the pussification of America. A generation of soft people who can't deal with tough situations or anything other than marshmallows and roses.  

It’s not really about that at all; it’s about not wanting to sit with a bunch of fvcking a$$holes that you don’t want to sit with. Rag fans are annoying as fvck. If I go to a game, I don’t wanna deal with any of them. Most of them are just there to be the fvcking a$$holes they are. Away fans in general are fvcking annoying. Let ‘em have their own section so I don’t have to deal with them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s not really about that at all; it’s about not wanting to sit with a bunch of fvcking a$$holes that you don’t want to sit with. Rag fans are annoying as fvck. If I go to a game, I don’t wanna deal with any of them. Most of them are just there to be the fvcking a$$holes they are. Away fans in general are fvcking annoying. Let ‘em have their own section so I don’t have to deal with them. 

I hear ya. I guess I just can't relate because I haven't had that experience at all. 

10 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

That's exactly my point. You're asking why should Rangers fans be allowed to turn a game at Prudential into a road contest for us? Great question. Maybe because they care more? I don't know. 

SH is mentioning that it's primarily money - tickets to the garden are more expensive so they can go to games in our arena for cheaper. There's definitely some truth to that I'm sure, but to me it doesn't completely excuse the stadium being so blue, nor do I think it warrant creating away-fan-only sections. 

I'm sorry, but if the arena is blue shame on us as Devils fans. The tickets are the same price for us as they are for Rangers fans so we have just as much ability to scoop them up and pack the place as they do. 

Also, I'm not trying to discount the experience that others have had at other venues, but I've been to my fair share of road games because I don't live in jersey and I've hardly ever had a bad experience or scuffle with fans. 

I've been to the Panthers arena, the Hurricanes arena, the Bolts arena, all of those are always a great time even with me wearing a Devils jersey. 

I might agree with your assessment if the Devils were near the bottom of league in attendance, but that’s not the case according to the available data, which show that the Devils are near the middle of the pack and above the Rangers.  @Satans Hockey may be right about money being an issue for Rangers fans attending games at MSG, but does that necessitate them invading the Rock twice a year?  There are plenty of other venues nearby.

18 minutes ago, devlman said:

Legit just under 1 grand for me for these 2 games, that price ok with you? 

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I gotta admit it, for the most part, I barely even notice opposing fans when I go to the games these days, but I'm guessing the Lofts might be part of the reason why (though it's not like there's NO away fans up there). 

BUT, the Ranger fans are absolutely the exception to the above, and they reminded me of it in Game 1 of the playoffs last season.  They're just the fvcking worst.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Funny how everyone outside their stupid little circle notices the same thing, re:  acting like their team is the friggin' Yankees of the NHL.  The funny thing is if you dare to call them out on that, they don't see it at all.  Of course they don't.  NHL's dumbest fanbase.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Funny how everyone outside their stupid little circle notices the same thing, re:  acting like their team is the friggin' Yankees of the NHL.  The funny thing is if you dare to call them out on that, they don't see it at all.  Of course they don't.  NHL's dumbest fanbase.

Yankee attitude, Met history. That’s the NY Rangers. If you wanna piss these people off and watch their heads explode, mock their stupid goal song and point out they have one Cup since the invention of the television.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I could have sworn you were one of the guys here that was against opposing fan only sections, and based on some things you say around here and what I feel like I know about you, I'm kind of surprised that you're actually for it. 

Seriously, so many people would like to go to another team's stadium and be told that they can only sit in two or three specific sections? And we'd be surrounded only be our "own kind"?  What fun is that?  I love sitting next to fans of other teams and learning their perspective.  It's such a small percentage of people who are douchebags - 99% of people are decent and don't cause problems. I just don't see how it's considered such an issue for you guys. 

But, at the end of the day if I'm in the minority, I'm in the minority. I won't argue it. 

Ah yeah the good old pussfication of America line because some people don't want to spend money and time traveling to deal with idiots yelling dumb sh!t or even trying to fight ya. Like it's really going to toughen people up hearing some drunk jerk off making dumb New Jersey jokes, not sure how these younger generations of fans are ever gonna make it if they don't deal with that nonsense lols. 

Games in Florida who barely have any fans as it is and Carolina and Tampa are just not comparable road games to places like Philly, MSG or even Boston. 

Also in terms of road game supporting sections there is absolutely nothing like celebrating your teams goal with other fans of your team and making more noise than an entire home teams stadium. I've met some people who I've become lifelong friends with because we stood next to each other randomly at a road game with nothing in common but supporting our team. It builds a great community and support by following your team on the road together as a fan base.

Ive always thought it was a missed opportunity to at least give something here a shot that the major 4 leagues don't do and it would create a different kind of atmosphere at games as well, something that certain regular season games could actually really use. Seeing a bunch of sections of red surrounded by that awful blue in MSG or orange in Philly would be awesome.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Ah yeah the good old pussfication of America line because some people don't want to spend money and time traveling to deal with idiots yelling dumb sh!t or even trying to fight ya. Like it's really going to toughen people up hearing some drunk jerk off making dumb New Jersey jokes, not sure how these younger generations of fans are ever gonna make it if they don't deal with that nonsense lols. 

Games in Florida who barely have any fans as it is and Carolina and Tampa are just not comparable road games to places like Philly, MSG or even Boston. 

Also in terms of road game supporting sections there is absolutely nothing like celebrating your teams goal with other fans of your team and making more noise than an entire home teams stadium. I've met some people who I've become lifelong friends with because we stood next to each other randomly at a road game with nothing in common but supporting our team. It builds a great community and support by following your team on the road together as a fan base.

Ive always thought it was a missed opportunity to at least give something here a shot that the major 4 leagues don't do and it would create a different kind of atmosphere at games as well, something that certain regular season games could actually really use. Seeing a bunch of sections of red surrounded by that awful blue in MSG or orange in Philly would be awesome.

While I agree the "pussification" is kind of a real thing I don't see how that's connected to away team sections in an arena. Lol

I think it would just make things a little nicer and organized. Away team section maybe is pricier tickets and it can be labeled and it can make all the away fans feel more unified and close and they can start chants together more easily. Then the home crowd has to drown them out. I don't see a problem. 

Maybe if you pay more to be in the "away" section, you don't get your seats until they know the size of the away fans coming and then they block out a nice section for them. Maybe it goes away during playoffs. Idk. Don't see how it makes anyone a *ussy. Lol

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

While I agree the "pussification" is kind of a real thing I don't see how that's connected to away team sections in an arena. Lol

I think it would just make things a little nicer and organized. Away team section maybe is pricier tickets and it can be labeled and it can make all the away fans feel more unified and close and they can start chants together more easily. Then the home crowd has to drown them out. I don't see a problem. 

Maybe if you pay more to be in the "away" section, you don't get your seats until they know the size of the away fans coming and then they block out a nice section for them. Maybe it goes away during playoffs. Idk. Don't see how it makes anyone a *ussy. Lol

I'm not a football fan but I know some teams in college already do it too like Florida vs Georgia and Oklahoma vs whoever their rival is. 

MLS usually gives us the highest seats in the stadiums which is my only complaint where as in England they give you seats downstairs on one side at least. 

Price wise it's usually pretty cheap unless it's something like Miami this year because of Messi or a new stadium that opened. The Red Bulls front office even pays for our tickets a lot of the time, hell they have even paid for playoff tickets before and even buses to go there. You just have to check in that you're actually there and then they'll give us a refund so you only get charged if you take a ticket that you don't use which is more than fair.

• Like 1