Devils acquire Kurtis MacDermid

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He’s a defenseman

Maybe Smith is going as part of another deal?

1 hour ago, aylbert said:

Devils are calling him a forward.   If he plays defense and has grit?   I guess a Smith replacement.

but I want to see us either get pieces to right the ship, or sell off.    No reason to float here rudderless.

45 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

No complaints here if we can dump Smith.

You know I love all three of you, but it’s hysterical to me if you think Ruff’s pride and joy Smith is going anywhere.

the guy gets more playing time when he gets burned worse than the Kuwaiti oil fields in Desert Storm 1 by the Iraqi Military, 3LR will never allow him to be traded.

Edited by jagknife
  • Haha 2

Tough kid with actual balls. He really doesn't fit at all. Definitely a jag, has been for a few years if you look at games played.

Realistically he's probably here through the end of the year for entertainment purposes and to sack up with all that happened like the rags game.  If they see him as anybody but a guy who's never to be seen again after this season I think it's a dumpster dive mistake.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If someone beat me to this joke so be it but he's automatically the best Kurtis ever on this team(Gabriel and Foster) lol

I think Lazar has that honor, although he spells it with a C lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

It’s also yet another player for Lindy to scratch to keep Smith in the lineup.

perfect example: tonight’s freaking lineup…

MacDermid is still in Nashville with the Avs. Come on jag, don’t make me defend the old fart 🤣

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

MacDermid is still in Nashville with the Avs. Come on jag, don’t make me defend the old fart 🤣

Smith still in over having 12 forwards was more my point. Or miller getting the third fewest minutes on the team.

• Like 1

I like this deal and I think it adds some grit. I hate giving up Bardakov. COL must have a sick Russian scout. I think some of these West teams have very close eye on some of these Russian players. 

MacDermid has played both D and F for COL so he's a guy we can deploy a little like Smith. Basically more of a heavyweight than Smith. I like adding a big player with some grit 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

I like this comment from the Avs hfboards... Speculating on his usefulness for NJ. If MacDermid can at least keep Trouba from going after our players, it's a win. 

A Trouba deterrent. We all remember the game where MacDermid was hunting Trouba up and down the ice, and Trouba was skating scared and Rangers ended up giving up a 2-on-1 which the Avs scored on.

Edited by slasher72
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Tomorrow supposedly

only to be scratched so Smith can double shift as a sh!tty defender and an anchor forward

"he hasn't had a practice yet, so we need to ease him in." - Ruff, following the same logic that we've used so far with the must-have defender, Nick DeSimone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

only to be scratched so Smith can double shift as a sh!tty defender and an anchor forward

"he hasn't had a practice yet, so we need to ease him in." - Ruff, following the same logic that we've used so far with the must-have defender, Nick DeSimone

I wonder if Ruff even wanted him on the team. Maybe Fitz signed him just to temporarily shut up the fans and sports pundits calling the team soft. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

I wonder if Ruff even wanted him on the team. Maybe Fitz signed him just to temporarily shut up the fans and sports pundits calling the team soft. 

I highly doubt Ruff wanted him.  To me it's the GM's reactions to what we, the fans, have been asking for, which should have been obvious for a long time now, i.e. that this team lacks, and needs, a physical presence. 

Don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely the coach's job to go to the GM and say "Hey, we need this". But do I think he did it? No. Why would he do it now when he should have done it a while ago?

• Like 1

Don't overthink this.  He was brought in for the remaining games against the Rangers.   We literally have someone knocked out with no on ice response every time we play the Rangers.  Not minor hits either, we lose players for games at a time.   We may have a GM who is ridiculously slow to adjust to pretty much anything but adding Rempe to the Trouba clown show is something even Fitz knows he needs to account for.  I doubt Lindy was telling him no.