GDT: Devils host Panthers - 5 March @ 7pm

jagknife

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Sarge can stay. 

Wonder if he gets the Utica gig as the head coach next season.  

• Like 3

Just now, Puckbuster said:

All this bad play everywhere on the ice, but it’s the 22 year old that gets sh!t on.

And the 20-year-old who gets scratched.  I can understand wanting to hold young players accountable, but singling guys out because they’re easy targets is high school-level pettiness.

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

Panthers look tired. If we manage to play a little less sloppy, we may give ourselves a chance. 

If the Devils are down a goal late in the third, when do you think Green pulls Schmid?

• Like 2

Chico on the the third FL goal:

“That was not a breakdown. That’s a goal you really need you goalie to stop.”

Chico, defender of goalies near and far, who never sees any glass as half empty can’t even lie any more about how horrible the devils net has been. 

Edited by smelly
  • Like 1

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

And the 20-year-old who gets scratched.  I can understand wanting to hold young players accountable, but singling guys out because they’re easy targets is high school-level pettiness.

Especially when the other 20yr old dman is the one who makes significantly more mistakes. And usually they're way more costly mistakes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, capo said:

You can't have a so-called leader like Jack Hughes half-ass it the way he does and expect them to play up above. sh!t feeds sh!t.

she nailed it

Just now, smelly said:

Chico, defender of goalies near and far, who never sees any glass as half empty. 

2 of 3 he should have made routine saves on tonight

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

she nailed it

Yeah she’s definitely right, and selective accountability has been an issue.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smelly said:

Chico, defender of goalies near and far, who never sees any glass as half empty can’t even lie any more about how horrible the devils net has been. 

I need to listen to the radio broadcast more often. 

Edited by Jerrydevil

Just now, Oglethorpe13 said:

Especially when the other 20yr old dman is the one who makes significantly more mistakes. And usually they're way more costly mistakes.

Absolutely.  Luke has more points than Nemec, but I wonder how much if that is the result of Nemec playing within himself while Luke takes unnecessary risks—of which some pan out and some end in disaster.

Schmid is getting lit up right now.  But that last shot was nasty. Bottom line, is it was lazy play and not just bad goaltending. I don't care who you put in net. If you got that lazy sh!t in front of you it's over.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah she’s definitely right, and selective accountability has been an issue.  

One thing the next coach cannot do is make decisions based on his personal feelings toward specific players.  Playing favorites is a surefire way to lose the locker room.

One thing the next coach cannot do is make decisions based on his personal feelings toward specific players.  Playing favorites is a surefire way to lose the locker room.

I get the feeling the next guy will be much the opposite.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Absolutely.  Luke has more points than Nemec, but I wonder how much if that is the result of Nemec playing within himself while Luke takes unnecessary risks—of which some pan out and some end in disaster.

Luke was plenty good the first 3 months of the season. January on he’s been struggling, but we’ve seen that with Jack, Bratt, and other young players hitting the rookie wall. 

The kid that’s been coached the least by this coaching staff (Nemec) looking the best out of anyone is also probably not a coincidence. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, capo said:

Schmid is getting lit up right now.  But that last shot was nasty. Bottom line, is it was lazy play and not just bad goaltending. I don't care who you put in net. If you got that lazy sh!t in front of you it's over.

Fair enough. 

Thats not how I see it. 

Or Chico. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Luke was plenty good the first 3 months of the season. January on he’s been struggling, but we’ve seen that with Jack, Bratt, and other young players hitting the rookie wall. 

The kid that’s been coached the least by this coaching staff (Nemec) looking the best out of anyone is also probably also not a coincidence. 

That’s true, and to be clear, I think Luke has had a good season overall, but it’s perplexing that he continues to play despite his struggles while Nemo sits.

That’s true, and to be clear, I think Luke has had a good season overall, but it’s perplexing that he continues to play despite his struggles while Nemo sits.

I don’t see the point of sitting either of them at this point. They’re not making the playoffs anyway. Play the kids and let them gain valuable experience in games that don’t matter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smelly said:

Fair enough. 

Thats not how I see it. 

Or Chico. 

Daws and Schmid are repeatedly getting beat high. Why isn't that addressed? They need to stay on their feet longer.  They both are very similar.