GDT: Devils host Panthers - 5 March @ 7pm

jagknife

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

At least Timo looks like himself again. Going to need that next season as much as anything. 

Timo and Nico have both played well amidst everything going on.  They need to play together as much as possible.

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

Timo and Nico have both played well amidst everything going on.  They need to play together as much as possible.

Didn’t notice Nico a whole lot tonight tbh. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And it just feels like people only focus on the negative with him (which tbf there’s been plenty). But the kid still makes nice plays on a nightly basis. Just like with Jack early on, you can see the skill is obviously there. 

I have no doubt both Luke and Jack will achieve great things in their careers.   Unfortunately, for his season, everyone stunk respective to their ability and expectations.  I do believe with the right coach, we will be watching a better product next year.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, capo said:

IDK, seems like the rot has gone deep.

I want to reject the very thought of it and hope like hell a different coach can get these guys pulling in the same direction. But there's that nagging doubt ....

Just now, Puckbuster said:

I have no doubt both Luke and Jack will achieve great things in their careers.   Unfortunately, for his season, everyone stunk respective to their ability and expectations.  I do believe with the right coach, we will be watching a better product next year.

There will also be at least one new netminder next year.  Maybe even two.

• Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

Didn’t notice Nico a whole lot tonight tbh. 

He made a couple of nice defensive plays and had one good look at the net.  Over the past 2-3 weeks, he and Timo have been the best of the Devils’ forwards.

Just now, Puckbuster said:

Right, if pretty much everyone sucked it’s at least partially on the coaching. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

The Devils should move Siegenthaler.

Not going to get anything worth moving him. Just have to hope the next coach can straighten him out. 

Same with Marino, who also took a step back this season. 

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Cause you’re just like us.  You’re a fan.

That's exactly why I'm still watching. The season is over. The team is deflated no matter what they say to the media. Nothing is right for them at this point. They've squandered many chances to stay in the mix. I just want them to finish it and stay healthy. The next season will be better.

Edited by Devs64
  • Like 2

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

There will also be at least one new netminder next year.  Maybe even two.

That too!  I don’t think anything will happen at that position until the off-season.  I can’t imagine the Bruins trading any goalies going into the playoffs.  Just imagine if they did and the one they keep gets injured.  Boston would burn to the ground.  Markstrom, I believe will be traded but the cost will be high, so I can’t imagine Fitz making a trade there.  Teams going into the playoffs without a solid goal situation will drive up the cost.  That’s just my take.

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Right, if pretty much everyone sucked it’s at least partially on the coaching. 

And I don’t necessarily think everyone has sucked.  I’ve generally been happy with Nico, Bratter, Lazar, Holtz, and Nemec, and I thought Hatakka played well during his call-up.

6 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

I just hope we're not gonna get to the point soon where we start thinking playing with each other is bad for them both...cause it seems like they (and being able to rule the roost) are bringing out the worst in each other

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

I just hope we're not gonna get to the point soon where we start thinking playing with each other is bad for them both...cause it seems like they (and being able to rule the roost) are bringing out the worst in each other

Think you’re seeing sh!t that isn’t fully there.

That being said, I won’t be surprised if the new coach makes it a point to let everyone know that star, fourth-liner, whatever, we’re starting from scratch here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It has crossed my mind, but I didn’t want to say it.  I’m hoping as they grow and mature they will be great on the ice together.

2 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Did you really expect immediate improvement?

I don’t. But for months people pointed to Edmonton and LA and assured everyone that if Fitz only got rid of Lindy they’d rip off a similar hot streak. 

As I suspected, nope. 

Edited by smelly

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

Did you really expect immediate improvement?

“The way people were talking in this board, that’s what many expected.

meanwhile I’ve been preaching goaltending is the problem since last May, but no one listened to me. Just me, I’m the only one who thought we had bad goaltending. I told everyone we would regret not getting Hellebyuck.

No one listened to me.

not even when I said I have a source, people still doubted me”

2 minutes ago, smelly said:

I don’t. But for months people pointed to Edmonton and LA and assured everyone that if Fitz only got rid of Lindy they’d rip off a similar hot streak. 

As I suspected, nope. 

Damn I was close

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Think you’re seeing sh!t that isn’t fully there.

That being said, I won’t be surprised if the new coach makes it a point to let everyone know that star, fourth-liner, whatever, we’re starting from scratch here.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the new coach decides to remove everyone’s letters and reassess the team’s leadership hierarchy.  I don’t necessarily want this, as I think Nico’s an effective captain, but if the new coach means to instill accountability, one way to do it is make everyone audition for his role.

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

“The way people were talking in this board, that’s what many expected.

meanwhile I’ve been preaching goaltending is the problem since last May, but no one listened to me. Just me, I’m the only one who thought we had bad goaltending. I told everyone we would regret not getting Hellebyuck.

No one listened to me.

not even when I said I have a source, people still doubted me”

Pretty much. 

Of course you are welcome to resume following other prognosticators’ continued faulty assessments as you wish. 

But Lindy. 

But Alex. 

Edited by smelly

7 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

And I don’t necessarily think everyone has sucked.  I’ve generally been happy with Nico, Bratter, Lazar, Holtz, and Nemec, and I thought Hatakka played well during his call-up.

Individually there are players that had a solid season, but collectively the product on the ice suck for the most part.  Just think, how much better of season those players you mention would have had with proper coaching and better roster management.