Toffoli to WPG Jets for a 2025 second-round pick and a 2024 third-round pick. Retained Half Salary

10 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Awesome more disappointing news, im Honestly starting to hate this fvcking pansy of a gm we have, he’s a big bitch, guy has zero balls and it’s absolutely 110% his fault we’re not making the playoffs 

Well, he does have the balls to continue trashing Holtz. So gotta give him that. But he did absolutely nothing to secure a goalie all year and then came up with some BS excuse why he couldn't do it, and all reports look like he's going to throw the kitchen sink at Calgary in exchange for Markstrom, who will be here max 2 years at the level he's at. Fitz sucks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Maybe the Winnipeg GM held the door open for Fitz one day and Fitz felt like he owed him a favor because we're all real people ya know?

Fitz is so charitable, what with helping Dallas out with that LTIR space. fvck this jerk-off.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

I think you had to either extend him or trade him and it sounded like they were well off on term; if the Devils had real playoff odds, you'd have more leverage to hold out for a 1st (or just keep him for a playoff push). It also doesn't help that Guentzel couldn't even bring back a guaranteed 1st. It's a bit disappointing the 2nd rounder isn't the Montreal one but meh. I don't love or even like the deal but I don't hate it either. 

Edited by nmigliore

1 minute ago, slasher72 said:

Well, he does have the balls to continue trashing Holtz. So gotta give him that. But he did absolutely nothing to secure a goalie all year and then came up with some BS excuse why he couldn't do it, and all reports look like he's going to throw the kitchen sink at Calgary in exchange for Markstrom, who will be here max 2 years at the level he's at. Fitz sucks.

He’s going to claim Raanta in a few hours

or trade that third for Kahkonen

Just now, nmigliore said:

don't love or even like the deal but I don't hate it either. 

I don’t love it or hate it either; I fvcking loathe it. 

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

He’s going to claim Raanta in a few hours

or trade that third for Kahkonen

IMG_7479.gif

3 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

sounded like they were well off on term; if the Devils had real playoff odds, you'd have more leverage to hold out for a 1st (or just keep him for a playoff push).

I would make it clear: I have no problem keeping him. There ain’t much difference between a 2nd next year and nothing. I’ll take nothing in that scenario. Give me the first, or fvck off. 

Edited by MadDog2020

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

If he’s in this charitable/gaining asset mode, he better do SOMETHING with the 8m in LTIR space he has left since he didn’t bother getting a goalie all season.

Oh he did! He helped Dallas acquire a player we should’ve been trying to acquire for ourselves. Isn’t he such a great guy?

• Like 2
  • Vomiting 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I would make it clear: I have no problem keeping him. There ain’t much differ ex between a 2nd next year and nothing. I’ll take nothing in that scenario. Give me the first, or fvck off. 

It will be interesting to see if the Devils re-engage Toffoli this summer in the event he doesn’t get offer he likes from another team.

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It will be interesting to see if the Devils re-engage Toffoli this summer in the event he doesn’t get offer he likes from another team.

If Fitz keeps on this track, he’ll be re-engaging with my car if I see him crossing any streets around here. 

Just now, Mitico12 said:

I would have kept Toffoli at that point. 

💯

Get me Saros by 3 or go fvck yourself Fitz. How bout that?

• Like 1

Just now, Mitico12 said:

I would have kept Toffoli at that point. 

We’ve learned something else about Fitz this morning.  When he’s desperate, he panics.  It’s likely the Devils and Toffoli’s camp were far apart on an extension, so rather than risk losing Tyler for nothing, he traded him—something many of us, myself included, wanted—but because he was so desperate to find a taker, he took whatever he was offered in return instead of holding out for a higher pick.