GDT: 03-29-2024 Devils @ Sabres 7:00PM EST MSGSN

Rock

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Depending on what the return is, I’m absolutely open to moving Dawson.  I’m not running him out of town nor giving him away, but I no longer have him as an untouchable either.

I don't see him as an untouchable. IMO his role and line should be reconsidered to get the best out of him. It's like playing Jack with Haula.

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

The Devils are a loser team.

They definitely are.  I’ve tried to deny it for the longest time, but this group just isn’t any good.  They have plenty of raw talent, but they’re undisciplined and can’t beat teams who know how to counter their speed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

I don’t care if Luke Hughes is the next Bobby Orr he fvcking blows right now and belongs in the AHL.

This is lame. Anyone with working eyeballs has seen him playing VERY well the last few weeks. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Actually, I think Luke has looked better over the past two weeks.  Right now, it’s Nemec who’s struggling, likely a consequence of him hitting the rookie wall and having Brendan Smith chained to his right leg.

They all play like rookies playing on too big a stage, playing too big an ask.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This is lame. Anyone with working eyeballs has seen him playing VERY well the last few weeks. 

And so has the team in general which you called total sh!t. Point is, no one cares if you had a half decent stretch if you can’t handle it when the games count.

10 minutes ago, devlman said:

Also what moron decided to make that horrible change w about 1:30 left? Completely vacated his spot at the point? I mean, talk about pure stupidity.

The line changes were terrible all game. 

• Like 1

Just now, devlman said:

That’s what happens when the veterans underperform.  As talented as Luke and Nemec are, they need their more experienced linemates to help them, and they’ve received little-to-no support.

2 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

That’s what happens when the veterans underperform.  As talented as Luke and Nemec are, they need their more experienced linemates to help them, and they’ve received little-to-no support.

I’m not pinning their boneheaded turnovers on the vets, sorry. This is the NHL. This is March. You shouldn’t require veterans to hold your hands. You shouldn’t be reversing a puck, needlessly, without knowing full well you can execute it.

Edited by devlman

1 minute ago, devlman said:

And so has the team in general which you called total sh!t. Point is, no one cares if you had a half decent stretch if you can’t handle it when the games count.

K…

Personally I think you just kind of have it in for the kid. You are probably his biggest critic whenever he makes a mistake, but when he’s playing well *crickets*

I said it recently, but if Luke was as bad defensively as Nemec has been recently people would be losing their minds. Yet literally no one is screaming for him to be benched (or worse yet - in the AHL). It just doesn’t seem very consistent. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

K…

Personally I think you just kind of have it in for the kid. You are probably his biggest critic whenever he makes a mistake, but when he’s playing well *crickets*

I said it recently, but if Luke was as bad defensively as Nemec has been recently people would be losing their minds. Yet literally no one is screaming for him to be benched (or worse yet - in the AHL). It just doesn’t seem very consistent. 

Thing is, I can post whenever and whatever I want. I, like a lot of posters, post more when things go bad to express what needs to be changed.

If you think I have the time to care enough to ‘have it out’ for one of our best prospects then you’re paranoid. Yes, I absolutely wanted him to sh!t the bed tonight in our biggest game of the year so I can come make a post online..

Luke Hughes has had a very disappointing rookie season. Bright future. Not a 21+ min dman on a team with no margin for error. Plain and simple. If you’re mad people don’t hate on Nemec more then take it up with somebody?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That poor guy…he gave it EVERYTHING since coming here. 

If I'm Allen, I want nothing to do with this team next year. Why would you? The dude came in here as fresh blood and gave it absolutely everything he had. Total effort and stellar play.  His new teammates not only lacked execution, but lacked heart and effort at times too. A very bad first impression that the Devils gave him.

Fellas, we are beating a dead horse. There's nothing left that hasn't been said. It was clear a while ago that they will not play more than 72 games. All I want at this point is to see them kick ranger ass at least once this season. Also maybe spoil Philly's chances if they don't clinch by then. That's not me speaking, that's my natural hatred toward them both and Torts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

I’m not pinning their boneheaded turnovers on the vets, sorry. This is the NHL. This is March. You shouldn’t require veterans to hold your hands. You shouldn’t be reversing a puck, needlessly, without knowing full well you can execute it.

I don’t agree with this assessment at all, as no 20-year-old rookie is a finished product.  They need their veteran linemates to play well next to them.

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If I'm Allen, I want nothing to do with this team next year. Why would you? The dude came in here as fresh blood and gave it absolutely everything he had. Total effort and stellar play.  His new teammates not only lacked execution, but lacked heart and effort at times too. A very bad first impression that the Devils gave him.

He’s under contract for next year.  He’ll be back, especially since Fitz really seems to like him.

A long offseason (which this will most definitely be) can heal a lot of wounds.  And like others have pointed out, with a coaching staff that actually knows what the hell it’s doing, and some roster tweaks, this can be a team that players very much want to be a part of.

• Like 2

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

I don’t agree with this assessment at all, as no 20-year-old rookie is a finished product.  They need their veteran linemates to play well next to them.

So it’s Marino’s fault Bahl made that stupid reverse pass which led to the goal? Or that he went for a change with the goalie pulled completely vacating the point?

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Luke Hughes has had a very disappointing rookie season.

He literally hasn’t though. He was really good in Oct/Nov/Dec, then hit a wall in Jan/Feb, but has gotten a second wind in March. He’s been nothing short of fantastic for the last few weeks. And he’s been paired with a guy who played a grand total of 27 NHL games before joining the Devils. 

He’s 2nd in rookie scoring, behind only a generational prospect in Bedard. If that’s disappointing idk what people expected. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, devlman said:

They are weak in the mind, they lack physicality and undisciplined.  What a bunch of losers.  

They had enough rest, playing a mediocre team and their backs are up against the wall, so they go out and blow a 2-0 lead and with a stellar performance by Allen.  

6 minutes ago, devlman said:

Thing is, I can post whenever and whatever I want. I, like a lot of posters, post more when things go bad to express what needs to be changed.

If you think I have the time to care enough to ‘have it out’ for one of our best prospects then you’re paranoid. Yes, I absolutely wanted him to sh!t the bed tonight in our biggest game of the year so I can come make a post online..

Luke Hughes has had a very disappointing rookie season. Bright future. Not a 21+ min dman on a team with no margin for error. Plain and simple. If you’re mad people don’t hate on Nemec more then take it up with somebody?

What exactly were you expecting Luke to do this season?  Play like Niedermayer in his prime?  I know that everyone’s frustrated right now, but some of the takes I’m seeing are completely unfair.  Luke and Nemec are 20-year-old kids.  Yes, both are expected to be excellent players, but they won’t get there overnight, especially not while learning the most difficult position in hockey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, devlman said:

So it’s Marino’s fault Bahl made that stupid reverse pass which led to the goal? Or that he went for a change with the goalie pulled completely vacating the point?

Bahl is 23 years old and has more NHL experience than Luke at this point.

re:  Luke, I agree with @Nicomo, he’s been up and down for the balance of the season, but for a 20-year-old rookie playing in his first full NHL season, he’s shown a lot of promise.  I wouldn’t look at this season and ever think Luke was “bad”, as much as “raw”.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

I was talking about Luke and Nemec and the lack of support they’ve received, not bAHL.  Jesus Christ, what is the matter with you?

• Confused 1