2024 Offseason Thread - It’s FINALLY here

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

To Utah or some other not yet contending team.

Utah is about ready to take a jump. I don’t think they’re gonna be a dumping ground anymore with new, seemingly competent ownership. But who knows, maybe another cap floor team would take him. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Utah is about ready to take a jump. I don’t think they’re gonna be a dumping ground anymore with new, seemingly competent ownership. But who knows, maybe another cap floor team would take him. 

Tampa might be getting ready for a rebuild. Maybe they'd be in the market for a veteran to school their young guys on how to win 😉

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Looking ahead just a few years - you've got Nemec and Luke needing (hopefully) big deals if they keep developing.  Likewise, Holtz is gonna need a deal (assuming he develops).

So, yeah very little chance we could add Brady without moving out significant salary imo.  

Additionally, Nico’s current deal ends after ‘26-27, and I’d imagine that as long as he stays healthy and produces at his current clip (~1 point/game), the Devils will want to extend him through the rest of his prime years.

• Like 3

Just now, nessus said:

Rooting for Luke, but Faber probably is most deserving. We all know Bedard will be the winner though.

Yeah, Luke will come in 3rd. Still an impressive achievement though. He’s a full year younger than Faber, and only played 2 years in college to Faber’s 3. We also know all too well that Luke was anchored to some absolute trash at times this season. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah, Luke will come in 3rd. Still an impressive achievement though. He’s a full year younger than Faber, and only played 2 years in college to Faber’s 3. We also know all too well that Luke was anchored to some absolute trash at times this season. 

Has there been a worse anchor in recent memory than Smith?!  That guy literally dragged down EVERY defenseman he was paired with.  Everyone not named Lindy or Groan could see it.  And of course NUMBERS supported that obvious fact.

• Like 1

Re:  Luke, talent is obviously there, but still managing 82 game schedules and of course had morons for head coaches.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

If there was an award for continuous choke jobs in the NHL playoffs, Hellebuyck will be in the top 3 every year.

P.S…… and I know a thing or two about choking in the  playoffs. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by njbuff
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Does that mean Fitzy requested a talk?

It says ‘no permission asked or granted’. So I guess Fitz hasn’t reached out. Yet. 

Edited by MadDog2020

So I didn’t realize this until this afternoon, but Jon Cooper’s contract is up. I don’t know what his intentions are, but if he is a free agent, I have a new #1 choice.

Edited by MadDog2020

49 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

So I didn’t realize this until this afternoon, but Jon Cooper’s contract is up. I don’t know what his intentions are, but if he is a free agent, I have a new #1 choice.

He got a 3 yr extension in 21 which runs thru 24-25 season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nessus said:

Rooting for Luke, but Faber probably is most deserving. We all know Bedard will be the winner though.

Faber didn't even crack 10 goals yet played 82 to Bedards 68. Faber is nice but he absolutely does not in any capacity deserve the award over Bedard. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Muevelos said:

Faber didn't even crack 10 goals yet played 82 to Bedards 68. Faber is nice but he absolutely does not in any capacity deserve the award over Bedard. 

Inside the top 25 in points for defensemen as a rookie, top pair on the Wild, very good defensively.

Bedard, as sensational as he is offensively, is pretty awful defensively. Faber would get my vote.

Edited by nessus
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Guess “Same ol Jets” doesn’t just apply to football.  

And as rough as it was to see the Devils not make playoffs this year, at least I didn’t have to see them get caved in by either the Canes or Rangers.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1