GDT: The Final Game of 2023-24 - 15 April - OTLanders at Devils - 7pm

jagknife

Just now, titans04 said:

Dano still swinging from the sack. No give in his game.

I would be thrilled if they moved him off the color position. Good lord he's the freaking worst, especially when things are bad.

• Like 3

I have to agree with Dano on Saros. I’ve never understood the idea that they would trade him. Askarov is completely unproven, and Nashville is a playoff team again (thanks largely to Brunette). 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Fan appreciation day should mean they let one of us fire the whole entire coaching staff on the ice after the game. 

I’d settle for being allowed to throw things onto the ice so that Smith can get hit by giant piano.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I have to agree with Dano on Saros. I’ve never understood the idea that they would trade him. Askarov is completely unproven, and Nashville is a playoff team again (thanks largely to Brunette). 

If they don’t trade him, they risk losing him for nothing. I guess they’d be willing to risk it if they think they can win a Cup. But if not, you gotta make a decision with Askarov in the wings. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If they don’t trade him, they risk losing him for nothing. I guess they’d be willing to risk it if they think they can win a Cup. But if not, you gotta make a decision with Askarov in the wings. 

Askarov has played a total of 3 NHL games. If they have the cap space (I have no idea if they do), they should be trying to re-sign Saros, with Askarov as the eventual successor. 

I highly doubt the kid is ready to take over next season at 21. 

• Like 1

Bryce rambling about taking things for granted, forgetting there are people in positions in suits behind the bench that are supposed to guide them through such times.

He's leaning into the Tampa sweep, meanwhile that team actually made it before being humbled, not embarrassed for 3 months to close a year.

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Askarov has played a total of 3 NHL games. If they have the cap space (I have no idea if they do), they should be trying to re-sign Saros, with Askarov as the eventual successor. 

I highly doubt the kid is ready to take over next season at 21. 

If Saros is willing to sign a four year deal, okay. But is he? He may want the max term, or close to it. Is Askarov expected to sit around until he’s 28 waiting for a shot?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

If Saros is willing to sign a four year deal, okay. But is he? He may want the max term, or close to it. Is Askarov expected to sit around until he’s 28 waiting for a shot?

Saros is similar in age to the Forsberg, Josi core.  They'll probably need some sort of rebuild after those guys age out so Askarov may end up in the mushy middle like Schenider was for us.   Might be better off using Askarov as the trade chip to bolster the current roster.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

Saros is similar in age to the Forsberg, Josi core.  They'll probably need some sort of rebuild after those guys age out so Askarov may end up in the mushy middle like Schenider was for us.   Might be better off using Askarov as the trade chip to bolster the current roster.   

Could definitely see them going this route. 

• Like 1

Left after two periods.  There was no reason to stay and all they did was prove me right.

We’ll see what happens but if Fitz decides that Green is the answer then he obviously asked the wrong question.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1