Devils trade rumour -- big deal to come?

ghdi

By the way in that Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) rumor, in case anyone notices.

We get ripped off in that trade.

And Florida walks away with pretty much the best players in the trade.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WTF? No players were named -- basically you say then Florida has only sh!te to trade and the devils can only pick up sh!te compared to what they lose... :blink: Oliwa for Luongo there now Florida gets the shaft.. happy?

In fairness maybe I missed a new rumor today -- but all the names being bandied about are bandied by US only! NJdevs rumors are what they ALL are -- Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) just set the boundries for us to knock ourselves out in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Relax there Darwin...you're making us Dogs look bad. As of earlier today Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) had "Florida would end up with Jovanowski and Cloutier (or possibly Bertuzzi), Langenbrunner, and Friesen

Vancouver would end up with Luongo and Brylin

NJ would end up with a three high draft picks" which would mean that pretty much we would get shafted because we would be giving up Lang and Brylin which are both great players for us and getting only draft picks in return. I mean I know you can get great players with good drafts but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, these are just rumors so can't we all just get along! :dance:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey I qualified my response :evil:

Sounds nuckin' futs to me... although Jovo has lost his appeal for me of late... I think I'm being unfair though. Sounds like someone was trying to make a cap-sense trade based on the teams named.. but it lacks any other sort of logic. i'd hate to see lou take on the lameos he has and then give up the heart guys just to make some cap space... :noclue:

I just skimmed through some of this topic, so forgive me if I'm repeating anything that has already been said. Obviously the Devils have some deals to make. However, don't put much faith into anything that comes from Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate). He seems to be getting credit for being the first to announce deals, but it's misleading. The one involving the Flyers was a total joke. It was announced by a Phoenix radio station, and posted on a Flyers message board 2 hours before it hit Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)'s site (he happens to be a Flyer's fan and reads that site on a regular basis). This guy is a fraud. He throws as much **** against the wall as possible, hoping some of it will stick. Just remember that a broken clock is also right 2 times a day. Right now, the broken clock is way ahead of Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)...

I was thinking about blowin' up all the automobiles

It seems like such a good idea

People said hey man wouldn't that be hypocritical?

No way man cuz mines' the first to go!

Do it, Now, Stick the rag in, Light the f***er up!

And if you believe that then you'll believe all the bull from that Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) guy.

rumors shmumors! I'll believe it when I see it.

another mention of it today by Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate)...

No word on Bondra yet, although I am haring that Atlanta may be out of the bidding, and it may be NJ or Philly coming down the stretch...Other teams still may jump in, but it is possible those two teams are trying to clear room under the cap prior to signing Bondra.

It is interesting seeing the growing panic/concern that many of us are having given our cap situation. I especially like the fact that there many in the media thinking that Lou will be forced into a fire sale because he has little leverage in trade talks.

Like most things concerning Lou, he is two to three steps ahead of where everyone thinks he is. He is thinking of players that no one else is considering, and he has staked his moves out with a firm understanding of the new CBA and what he can and cannot do.

Lou will not be having a fire sale. Lou will be making very precise moves, designed to improve the team in both the short term and long term. It would not surprise me at all if Lou does not make any moves until mid to late september. Then again, it would not surprise me if he made a move tomorrow. That is way he is Lou and we are not.

Lou is vulnerable according to the rumored reports, yet all these rumors are mentioning these same few players for the same teams. Now Lou is not going to get the return for these players as he would have a few years ago, but he's not going to get a bag of pucks for these players. Lou will have some kind of bidding war and take the best deal. What are the rules on just cutting players? Will the team cutting the player still have that salary factored into the cap?

Bondra is NOT coming to NJ. We cannot be adding players!!!!

We need to subtract players.

Why is this so hard to understand.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no one is arguing that or not understanding that, its a rumour! Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) has been right before, why is it so hard to understand that it could be happening if they are shedding salary? If he drops 3 forwards and picks up one, its entirely possible.

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) has been right before

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And he has been wrong more than he was right. What rumored trade for the Devils has ever come true? Lou's trades always sneak up on everybody even the rumor-mongers! :argh:

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) has been right before

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And he has been wrong more than he was right. What rumored trade for the Devils has ever come true? Lou's trades always sneak up on everybody even the rumor-mongers! :argh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

doesnt matter, its just a rumor and we're just discussing that, its hardly a reason to bite peoples heads off about, and I agree it probably is wrong but the tact taken in saying that by some of you is just silly.

the thing about Bondra is he has been mentioned with the Devils since before Nieds was even signed by Anaheim, its a feasible option if we're shedding a lot of salary and hes willing to take a low base, high incentive salary.

Edited by ghdi

RE: Elklund's been right before.

He had one scoop -- Forsberg. And it's not like he hasn't been candid about having Philly sources, or being in with a writer for the PI.

As for the rest of his dribble, it's so accurate the HF boards actually reversed a decision to allow him as a legit source.

<JESTER>