GAME THREAD: NY Rangers at New Jersey 7:30 FSNY

Elias26

01) Zach Parise is the friggen man. Give him the roster spot now, he deserves to be starting lineup on October 5th.

02) The Devils have apparently forgotten the art of passing. Every pass was either too hard or too soft. Err.

03) Martin Brodeur got lucky quite a few times tonight but still had a decent game. Made me nervous though that some of the saves he made were pretty much merely right place-right time saves.

04) Colin White definitely disappointed me. I expected a helluva lot more than what I saw tongiht. Hopefully he just had a bad game, but he was out of position quite often and turned over the puck a few times as well. Err.

05) I kept on thinking #6 was Albelin instead of McGillis. It finally took CRASHER correcting me midway through the second period for me to stop calling #6 Albelin. So sad.

06) Oliwa had a good game IMO. He actually had quite a few scoring chances and his willingness to drop the gloves was great...something I missed.

07) Brodeur's outlet passes are insane. Even more insane was the fact that he connected on his practically-three-line-passes every single time. More often than not, his homerun passes were to Gionta, who also almost connected every single time. Was quite beautiful.

08) Quite a few of the penalities the Devils took appeared to be justified penalties, which doesn't bother me so much. However, Kozlov was in the box far too much for my liking. Same goes for Hale. Err.

09) I just wanted to mention one more time how amazing Zach Parise truly is. My God, that guy is a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL player. I love him. :wub:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well here goes eh ?? :)

Marty did get a LOT of breaks on the Rangers shots... I know it's pre-season and all but man the Rangers were painful kinda bad out there... not that it's an excuse... the Devils seriously looked like they mailed this game in past the first period though....

guys I noticed doing good:

Martin (he's the sh!t yo)

Parise.... please ANY NUMBER BUT 17 :P

Hale was solid too....

Brown still sucks ... hate him... let the Rat fans suffer his fate!!!

Liked Madden/Langs/Brylin... but hard to have a good checking line when the opposition has no one TO check!

Kozlov was meh

Sluggo looked like he did each time with the Rats

Ari made two saves I never saw him make all of LAST YEAR (jinx this beatches!!)

was also nice to have some people to rip comments off with at a game for once instead of scaring the people in 222 with it :evil:

no one really looked truly awful out there

*edit*

yeah I forgot to say that Brodeur was hitting TAPE TO TAPE passes on the sticks on the long blue line all game... he's gonna rack some assists up this year!!!

Also should give RD credit for one of the fastest trips to the bathroom I ever seen a person in crutches make!!! B )

had to love the Oliwa one-turn kill in the fight :lol:

now all we need to do is work Brian to the dark side and all is good !! :hail:

Edited by CRASHER

I thought jamie was gunna beat the sh*t outta whoever he was messing with. Mogs is very nice and saver in the SO. Langs did pretty well and thought he had some chances. Maddog was a warrior and is working his ha@@ off. Parise, don't need to explain him.

NHL.com tends to make alot of mistakes during the pre-season

like right now they have the Devils winning 4-1 

it says mogilny got the winner in the SO

so that goes to show you just how bad they are

Could be worse. I was at a card tournament tonight and I came in a couple minutes into the third. So they have the score ticker running at the bottom of the screen and it says Rangers 11 - Devils 0. I gave a sigh of relief when they started listing the goals... Parise, Malakhov, Mogilny...... okay something REALLY wrong with the guy updating the scores.

I PVRed the game. Team looks pretty good overall. I think Zach may be on the front line before the end of his rookie season. He looks awesom.

And the speed of the game has increased dramatically with these new rules. Or it was that I was watching the game on fast forward. One or the other.

04) Colin White definitely disappointed me. I expected a helluva lot more than what I saw tongiht. Hopefully he just had a bad game, but he was out of position quite often and turned over the puck a few times as well. Err.

But he was good blocking shots...

One thing I noticed, the shorter neutral zone reminds me of the old Boston Garden, Chicago Stadium, and the Buffalo Aud. A lot of room for the pointmen to maneuver in the expanded offensive zone on the power play.

Mogilny's goals(regulation & shootout) were great!

Also should give RD credit for one of the fastest trips to the bathroom I ever seen a person in crutches make!!!  B )

Hah, I've always amazed people with my skill on the crutches...somehow I can get around almost as quickly as a person with two good legs!

Good point and while still true, since I'm known more as the evil ranting a$$hole, now and then IT IS good to be able to dish out the credit as well!!

It's a shame ya missed Brian's "I give up on them" stuff in the car... most amusing!!

You couldn't pay me to go and watch messier's jersey be retired.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Regardless of the fact that he spent most of his career on the Rangers, he's still one of the greatest players in the history of hockey. Second in points only to Gretzky.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree but you still couldn't pay me to go watch his jersey be retired. I respect him but I still hate him.

Well the rangers are going to suck this year plus this is a poor roster for them to ice....NJ should have closed this game out in the 1st.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True. But that's what happens when they play young, hungry players. They were all over the ice. I love Prucha. What a player. He better make them.

That play by Brown was nice but man Petr had Ahonen beat and just missed putting the puck over the line.

The Rangers won't win many games but if they get to shootouts, watch out :lol:.

People giving Suglobov a hard time, you have to remember this kid is playing left wing. He is a natural RW so this is his off wing. If any of you have played hockey you will know playing the off wing is extremely complicated and uncomfortable to play. Passes are harder to pick up and make and is much harder to do, especially for a sniper. It just looks like you have no room to score.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually am right-handed and played my whole hockey life on the left wing- I loved it. I actually felt more comfortable there than on the right side if you can believe it.

I was excited with the shootouts tonight. I think people aren't going to be fans of it when they don't mean anything at the end of a preseason game like tonight since it has nothing to do with the game and doesn't decide anything.

I can't see it.. call me what you will... but I will NEVER feel like my TEAM won with an INDIVIDUAL event determines the outcome...

all I know is at all the games I go to I hope the shootout is 15-20 rounds so I have time to get out before traffic hits cause I am walking out :P

I was excited with the shootouts tonight. I think people aren't going to be fans of it when they don't mean anything at the end of a preseason game like tonight since it has nothing to do with the game and doesn't decide anything.

I can't see it.. call me what you will... but I will NEVER feel like my TEAM won with an INDIVIDUAL event determines the outcome...

all I know is at all the games I go to I hope the shootout is 15-20 rounds so I have time to get out before traffic hits cause I am walking out :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right. When I go to a game and there's a shootout, I'm going to scream out 'Just let it be a tie, please!' After all, not *every* competition needs a winner and a loser (what person would think that, honestly), sometimes teams need to tie just to feel better about themselves.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen :hail:

Right.  When I go to a game and there's a shootout, I'm going to scream out 'Just let it be a tie, please!'  After all, not *every* competition needs a winner and a loser (what person would think that, honestly), sometimes teams need to tie just to feel better about themselves.

to be quite honest I NEVER had a problem with regular season ties in hockey... to me it made the game a bit more unique because no other sport had them, and the logistic nightmare of a 4-OT game to resolve on in regualr season games is impossible too... I just accepted it as a neccessary evil and novelty of the game of hockey

make a 10-minute overtime.. SOMETHING... anything....

but this is like deciding an NBA game by playing horse or something easier like comparing each team's criminal records... it ain't right and it's totally against the whole concept of how the game is played!