Mogilny to appear in Albany

msweet

LINK

Sources tell Sportsnet the New Jersey Devils have demoted veteran forward Alexander Mogilny to Albany of the American Hockey League. Mogilny will practise with Albany on Thursday and is expected to debut on Saturday.

Mogilny, who scored 43 goals for the Devils' Stanley Cup-winning team in 2000, was re-signed for $7 million over two years in August after playing three seasons with Toronto. The forward was third on the Devils in scoring this season with 12 goals and 13 assists in 34 games but had not scored in his last six games.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It says they've assigned him there, not that he will actually play... I could see Almo going if he actually wants to get back to the big show with the Devils. H could show he can work hard and do everything he wasn't doing when he was here. But I really can't see him physically being able to...

Sources tell Sportsnet the New Jersey Devils have demoted veteran forward Alexander Mogilny to Albany of the American Hockey League. Mogilny will practise with Albany on Thursday and is expected to debut on Saturday.

That would lead me to believe he's playing. :P

Smart move by Lou to send him down..now he can be picked up by someone else instead of having him rot with the big club and have to pay him the entire salary...

Maybe he hasn't given up ... figures he can work out the kinks in the hip, still showcase his talent and either go somewhere else next year or hope to make the roster again ...

I can't see him coming back up ... there has to be a team that is willing to claim him for half of the 1.75 million ... which would mean that team would get Mogilny for less than $875,000 ... if he still is alive for a stretch run, he would be worth the pickup ... :evil:

i agree...

for the money he is looking to make, it is a no brainer.

he is no fool and will play in albany for the great salary he is owed.

hockey is his business, and he is simply doing his job.

Edited by Shred