OGT: Senators @ DEVILS

overtime98

ott_comp.gifnjd_comp.gif

Tonights game:

TV: FSNY

Radio: 660 WFAN

Time: 7:30

STANDINGS: Senators - 96 points, 1st place, Northeast Division. Devils - 76 points, 3rd place, 10 PB, Atlantic Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Senators - Heatley, 38 goals and 85 points; Jason Spezza, 53 assists; Chris Neil, 159 PIM. Devils - Gionta, 36 goals and 64 points; Scott Gomez, 35 assists; Colin White, 71 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Senators - Power play: 20.2 percent (79 for 392), 4th in NHL. Penalty killing: 86 percent (345 for 401), 2nd. Devils - Power play: 16.4 percent (60 for 366), 22nd. Penalty killing: 82.3 percent (232 for 282), 17th.

GOALTENDERS: Senators - Emery (17-5-2, 2 SO, 2.73 GAA); Mike Morrison (10-4-2, 2.83). Devils - Brodeur (32-20-6, 5, 2.58 ); Scott Clemmensen (2-4-2, 3.49).

SEASON SERIES: Tied, 1-1.

LAST MEETING: Feb. 1; Devils, 5-3. At East Rutherford, N.J., Zach Parise scored New Jersey's first goal in over 2 1/2 games and Brodeur made 27 saves for his 25th win of the season.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Senators - 20-9-5 on the road; Devils - 21-9-3 at home.

preview

Tailgate weather

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Devils! I wonder what the line up will be? I hope Hale plays over a guy like Klee. We need our best defense out there. I also wonder if Kozlov will play or if he is the odd man out...Wiemer was good with Rasmussen and Janssen so I expect that to stay intact. This is going to be a big test and tough game for the Devils, but I expect a quality hockey game tonight, with the Devils prevailing. They seem to lose against bad teams and do well against the good ones.

Sens have changed their lines since we last played them. We have done a good job the first two games shutting down their big line but since then they have switched them by putting Alfredsson on the second line with Arnason while Keeping Spezza and Heatley together on the first line.

The good news is that Fisher is injured. He has played very well against the Devils this year. McGratton is also out and of course Hasek is too.

Edited by devilsrule33

The Senators better score -1 goals today, because I don't see any way the Devils can score a goal tonight.

one whole period and not one good scoring chance. We have one NHL line and the rest are bantam leaguers.

The "solution" at one time was banishing Mogilny, now he banishes Kozlov. I guess the next logical step would be to banish Gomez in favor of that random Generic Checking Forward that Lou loves so much.

Edited by '7'

Are the Devils really playing dirty, or is this Ottawa radio play-by-play guy just being a homer?

Homers.

The one "dirty" play was called - the slash by Gionta on Chara. Other than that, they are hitting, hitting and hitting.

7: Yes. We know. Need it be repeated every game?

First period was ok, the Devils played decent defense and are holding up with Ottowa. Wiemer had a really nice hit btw.

I'm surprised he didn't get called for charging. While he didn't leave his feet, he set his target from centre ice.

Homers.

The one "dirty" play was called - the slash by Gionta on Chara. Other than that, they are hitting, hitting and hitting.

I'm surprised he didn't get called for charging. While he didn't leave his feet, he set his target from centre ice.

The radio guy said it was an elbow to the back of the head. Then Elias hit someone and the guy was complaining again saying it was "another high elbow that went uncalled." He complained after seemingly every single hit, it's becoming unlistenable. Why do I get the Ottawa broadcast when I clicked the game radio link on the Devils site?

Listening to the ottawa guys makes me really appreciate the WFAN Guys .

boring as hell radio show :angry:

Why do I get the Ottawa broadcast when I clicked the game radio link on the Devils site?

Because NHL.com screwed up again!!!!!