GDT 12/17/06: DEVILS @ RANGERS 7PM ET

NYGDevils32

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true, I haven't even thought of that possibility. Although the Rangers have been pathetic for a decade and I don't think many Rangers fans converted. I guess because they're still holding onto 1994.

They still advertise the 1994 Stanley Cup video on their website. So freaking pathetic.

Not pathetic, what else do you think they should put on their site. Reminding the fans of that cup run is the best way to keep their interests within the organization. Smart marketing.

I said it was pathetic. I said nothing about it being media savvy or being smart marketing. One cup since FDR is what's pathetic. That was my only point. Nice try being a wiseass.

Devils with a pretty solid win - nice to see them get some even strength goals, if only in garbage time. That Rangers team has quit lately - which is also nice to see.

I'm not a big fan of Elias's body language lately - he knew the puck went in, but skated lazily back to the bench, and a shot of him on the bench showed him completely relaxed, sitting back - I know he's not Scott Stevens, but I can't imagine Stevens ever doing that during a game, regardless of the score.

It was kind of weird not seeing Gomez light up the Rags at MSG . . . but at least our 2nd liners had a good game. Really wish Travis could have got on the score sheet more though.

Parise played well, must be the family history at the Garden . . . plus his Dad and girlfriend were there so he was probably trying to show off.

Edited by BUDevil

Parise played well, must be the family history at the Garden . . . plus his Dad and girlfriend were there so he was probably trying to show off.

Okay the girlfriend thing just made me throw up...thanks. Lmao. Ew that nasty ho ho ho has a kid. $@#! ... I hate her.

Well, I certainly wasn't surprised. Being Nylander and Cullen were out and they idiotically dressed 7 D, I knew there was no chance. It's too bad the Rangers played so undisciplined because before the penalties, they were playing fine. But they couldn't get out of their own way and ultimately paid for it. It would've been nice if the officials had taken away Langenbrunner's goal. Someone tackled a Ranger to the ice about 10 seconds before that. Maybe it might've changed things. But it didn't matter much considering Prucha got that goal right back. This game was lost by Tyutin's idiotic penalty and Ward's moronic play. Basically handing Brylin a goal. Great play there. I think we left after the second Brylin goal.

I must say they hung Weekes out to dry. And if anyone looked at the stats and saw the SOG (36-28 NYR), you'd have thought it was a different game. But that was not the case. The Devils had the better chances and Weekes made several great saves bailing out his lost teammates the first two periods. They hardly got many quality shots on Brodeur. Nobody got to any rebounds and nobody made his life difficult.

I think the most disappointing aspect was how pathetic the power play was. That was the difference in the game. How predictable can they get. It's just sad when Jagr is getting triple teamed. Nobody has to cover the point. I was against bringing Leetch back. But during the game, I concluded they should just stop being blind and bring him back already. At least he can run a power play. It's a joke watching them overpass and overload the right side. It's amazing that PP ranks in the upper echelon of the league. It's way too slow moving and deliberate with no point threat.

Heard a few Devil fans acted like idiots from someone in our normal section. Eh. It's just a game. It really is no big deal. Normally, I'd be aggravated. But who cares. This game sucked. I didn't even want to go. But hey. MSG has "a great product" and will continue to rip off the customers if this average team somehow sees the playoffs.

I am inserting a quote into my sig on what I think of this "great Dolan team" from his PR spin last week while the Knicks were taking it on the chin. It comes from a diehard in 411:

"Soft as Carvel."

Thank god I'm home.

Brylin's performance earned him NHL.com's 1st star of the night . . . yeah, there were only three games, but still good for Sarge. I figured they would've given it to Brodeur with his 35 saves, so it's nice to see some appreciation for one of our role players.

Well, I certainly wasn't surprised. Being Nylander and Cullen were out and they idiotically dressed 7 D, I knew there was no chance. It's too bad the Rangers played so undisciplined because before the penalties, they were playing fine. But they couldn't get out of their own way and ultimately paid for it. It would've been nice if the officials had taken away Langenbrunner's goal. Someone tackled a Ranger to the ice about 10 seconds before that. Maybe it might've changed things. But it didn't matter much considering Prucha got that goal right back. This game was lost by Tyutin's idiotic penalty and Ward's moronic play. Basically handing Brylin a goal. Great play there. I think we left after the second Brylin goal.

Hall fell over Langenbrunner's stick was he going to cover the point. No way was that a penalty. If you're gonna cry about penalties take a look at the roughing call against Parise at the end of the second period. That was 2 minutes for touching.