Ole no way!!!

'7'

R&R part II is unbelievable. So many memories of important goals scored to that song. I say the social benefit and good feelings of the song being played outweigh the pain of monetary compensation going to a creep. He may be a scumbag but he still wrote an amazing song, and I want to hear it.

I agree.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I don't like the 'Ole' song, I would've liked to have heard it more than twice yesterday.

From personal observation, fans stood up longer and cheered louder during R&R Part 2 than they do for the 'Ole' song.

This is correct. When R&R Part 2 was playing, people were on their feet chanting HEY until the puck dropped. Based on the 8 or so games I've been to this year, I would say that about half the fans sit down as soon as the song starts (maybe with the exception of a late game-tying goal or an OT-winner or something like that). It's a pretty sad scene, Ole has really killed the crowd's enjoyment of a goal.

THAT SONG SUCKS!!! R&R Part 2 Was 100X Better!! At least everyone stood up and cheered and pumped their fists into the air, and clapped along with the beat. Now everyone cheers initially, then just look at each other, disgusted, and sit back down. It is embarassing!! Someone really should start a petition and send it to Devs management. It takes some of the enthusiasm out of the "Goal Scoring Celebration". How's the old saying go? "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!

What were the other 2 options?

A search found the thread and since I don't know how to get the stats from an old thread in a new thread (refer back) so I just did a c/p...hope this helps...maybe the Tech God will pm me a lesson ;)

Posted in thread Goal Song Poll Oct 30 2006, 02:54 PM

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/2005/html/f...lsong/index.php

Results of the Goal Song Poll

Nearly 4,000 votes were cast by Devils fans for the Devils Goal Song for the 2006-07 season. The top 3 vote-getters, in order, by a close margin, included Ole! by the Bouncing Souls, KernKraft 400 by Zombie Nation, and Crowd Chant by Joe Satriani. Make sure you attend a Devils game in the near future to hear the results in person. The Devils will rotate playing these three songs throughout the season.

Listen to the Top 3:Ole! by the Bouncing Souls KernKraft 400 by Zombie Nation Crowd Chant by Joe Satriani

• 5 weeks later...

R&R part II is unbelievable. So many memories of important goals scored to that song. I say the social benefit and good feelings of the song being played outweigh the pain of monetary compensation going to a creep. He may be a scumbag but he still wrote an amazing song, and I want to hear it.

Well I want to throw my two cents in:

I think it's stupid to care so much about a stupid song at the game. I only give a crap how many times its played not what is playing. I can not believe people still want to complain about this over and over again.

I think it's stupid to care so much about a stupid song at the game. I only give a crap how many times its played not what is playing. I can not believe people still want to complain about this over and over again.

Nobody said you had to read the thread.

Here, here. I'm glad some other people are finally tired of the whining. I'm not the world's biggest fan of this watered-down version of Ole! either but the complaining has gotten ridiculous. Maybe if the fans took some frigging initiative and stood up and cheered goals like true fans instead of just saying 'waah here comes the crappy song again' then 10,000 people wouldn't sit down right after a goal's scored because nobody else in the section is bothering to stand up either.

It just shows how little there really is to complain about when this is the biggest contreversy of the year :P

Nobody said you had to read the thread.
Edited by Hasan4978