BRING ON THE LIGHTNING

HellOnICE

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY would any of you here worry about Tampa Bay? :blink:

Hold on there buddy, let's not be too cocky here. This is the playoffs, anything can happen in a best-of-7. Do I think it's a winnable series, sure. The Devils should win if Brodeur plays the way he has all season. But the Devils' offense is the only one in the East that might be incapable of taking advantage of Tampa's goaltending and defensive woes. We've scored fewer goals than all but four teams this year I think, surely fewer than any team in the playoffs.

Besides, for all the talk about how good the roster is when healthy, we haven't seen 'when healthy' yet, Gionta and Matvichuk are still question marks. And who knows how effective Elias and Gomez will be, considering they've been MIA for long stretches this year. If they don't get it going WE are also a one-line team. And our one line isn't as good as their one line.

The Devils in a seven game series with Brodeur anytime over a goaltender who has no experience in the playoffs.

coughCamWardDamianRhodesKevinWeekescough

I'm not Holmqvist's biggest fan, but he has been streaky this year. He's had stretches where he's looked very good (tonight for example) and stretches where he can't stop a beach ball. A bit like Khabibulin in '03, only the downs have been more pronounced. I hope we catch him in one of his bad streaks.

Edited by Hasan4978

Hasan, your points are good ones. History shows that no-name goalies can get hot.

Still, despite our pop-gun offense, losing this series would be a terrible loss. Like many others have said, there's no doubt who Pandolfo and Madden will play against.

And it's time for Elias and Gomez to step it up.

Hold on there buddy, let's not be too cocky here. This is the playoffs, anything can happen in a best-of-7. Do I think it's a winnable series, sure. The Devils should win if Brodeur plays the way he has all season. But the Devils' offense is the only one in the East that might be incapable of taking advantage of Tampa's goaltending and defensive woes. We've scored fewer goals than all but four teams this year I think, surely fewer than any team in the playoffs.

Besides, for all the talk about how good the roster is when healthy, we haven't seen 'when healthy' yet, Gionta and Matvichuk are still question marks. And who knows how effective Elias and Gomez will be, considering they've been MIA for long stretches this year. If they don't get it going WE are also a one-line team. And our one line isn't as good as their one line.

coughCamWardDamianRhodesKevinWeekescough

I'm not Holmqvist's biggest fan, but he has been streaky this year. He's had stretches where he's looked very good (tonight for example) and stretches where he can't stop a beach ball. A bit like Khabibulin in '03, only the downs have been more pronounced. I hope we catch him in one of his bad streaks.

WHY would any of you here worry about Tampa Bay? :blink: Their goaltending is not that good and they have really ONE line to worry about or shall I say for the Devils Madden and Pandolfo to key on. Yes the Devils went 1-2-1 during the REGULAR SEASON and could have won three out of the four games this season. The last meeting the Devils had everyone hurt and still could have won that game. I do not fear Tampa bay or their goaltender. The Devils in a seven game series with Brodeur anytime over a goaltender who has no experience in the playoffs.

All the more the Devils need to bring up Clarkson and have him play on the 4th line to crash the net and score goals. This series there is no need for Rasmussen or Janssen. Clarkson, Dowd and Rupp on the 4th line.

Of COURSE they should win....they are the #2 seed.

But I stand by my East predictions.

Buffalo over #8 seed in 5 games

Pitt over Ottawa in 7 games

NY Rangers over Atlanta in 6 games

Tampa over NJ in 6 games

Buffalo over Tampa in 6 games

Pitt over NY Rangers in 5 games

Buffalo over Pitt in 7 games

This was the one team i thought we would struggle against during the first round.

No playoff team are easy (accept probably the 8th seed this year).

Madden and Pando are gonna have to work their hardest against St louis and lacavailer.

Fifthly :blink:, Lou needs to skate on the fourth line and deliver some hits.

If all four of your points above work out, the Devs will win their 4th Cup and I hope you're dead right. However, this defense is suspect and the offense has been turning over the puck at center ice with only Marty to save the day at least 5 times a game too many.

Louis and Lecav can finish unlike the Flyers as of late who exposed the Dev D and the first line offensive efforts when Elias and the likes of Gomez turned the puck over on more than one occasion at center ice. Tampa will capitalize in a big way but it will be the Devils in 6 as the bad ice at the CAA will benefit the Devs.

Rematch of the 2003 Eastern Conference Quarter Final.

As an early prediciton...

Devils in 5 if they win today, but if they lose today, Devils in 6.

It's all about momentum this time of year, and the Devils will have a lot of it if they win today because that would be a 5 game winning streak going into the playoffs.