Oduya

Have Another Donut

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"With Oduya playing like Wayne Gretzky in his prime, the Devils capitalized on almost every opportunity on the man advantage."

"Oduya came in with nine points in 40 games this season, and recorded multiple points for the first time in 117 career games. He scored New Jersey's first goal to tie it at 1 and assisted on three of the next four."

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...&gameType=2

Oduya=Gretzky....????

Oduya is still a terrible player and belongs in the minor leagues. Playing like a 7th defense man over the last two weeks instead of his usual bantam-caliber play, doesn't deserve him praise. Maybe if he can go one month without taking a delay of game penalty I would cut him some slack, but he is useless in my eyes and I cringe when he is on the ice.

Suddenly I think the guy who yells "ODUYA RULES!" sarcastically at the games might be serious Thursday night...

It's nice to see Johnny succeed. I've always liked him and while he's hard to defend for some of his gaffes, he is definately not as bad as he's singled out to be most of the time.

Johnny is very much the man.

Don't look now but Oduya is now the +/- leader of the Devils D. He's steadily improved and seems to have eliminated

the (at least once a game) brain cramps from his game.

Way to go Johnny O!!!

Now if he could just come within 10 feet of the net with his shot....... :whistling:

Oduya still stinks...

The sun even shines on his ass some days....

But seriously.. I thought he was good last year for half the season but that was about it, i really do hope for the devils that this is just a preview of what we can keep getting from him.

Oh please, grow up. It was total luck that this thread was posted before he had a breakout game, it could have very well gone the other way. You think i would act like a 4 year old and quote everyone here if he had 10pim and a -4 for the night pretending like I had some amazing insight into this guy? no.

He had a good game, I'm happy for that ;but it takes more then one standout game. Hopefully he keeps it up and proves me wrong but you are sorely mistaken if you think playing mediocre for the last several weeks, a great game tonite makes up for his below overall average.

Oh please, grow up. It was total luck that this thread was posted before he had a breakout game, it could have very well gone the other way. You think i would act like a 4 year old and quote everyone here if he had 10pim and a -4 for the night pretending like I had some amazing insight into this guy? no.

He had a good game, I'm happy for that ;but it takes more then one standout game. Hopefully he keeps it up and proves me wrong but you are sorely mistaken if you think playing mediocre for the last several weeks, a great game tonite makes up for his below overall average.

he hasn't been below average since he got benched. he started off the season -4 and is now +10. that will probably regress, but it's difficult to say that oduya has played any worse than a #5 since the beginning of december. throw in his low salary and you've got a ton of teams who want a guy whose decision making needs help but who has all the physical skills to play in the NHL.

"With Oduya playing like Wayne Gretzky in his prime, the Devils capitalized on almost every opportunity on the man advantage."

"Oduya came in with nine points in 40 games this season, and recorded multiple points for the first time in 117 career games. He scored New Jersey's first goal to tie it at 1 and assisted on three of the next four."

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...&gameType=2

Oduya=Gretzky....????

If Oduya can keep playing like he did last night vs. the Flyers he will become a good defenseman that the Devils need. His problem is that he is very inconsistant game in and game out this season and has made a lot of mistakes on the ice this season. Larry needs to keep teaching Oduya and maybe just maybe he will be worth keeping.