GDT: Anaheim vs. Devils, "Thank you, other Scotty" Edition

Devilsdude530

Let's Go Devils!

I'll be in 225 tonight, and I will cheer Scotty when he is announced in the lineup. He gave me 13 years of fantastic hockey, it's the least I can do to repay him.

But once the game starts, I think I'll concentrate my booing on Anaheim's 500 pound looking goalie. Unless they start there backup. If that happens, we're fvcked tonight.

Let's Go Devils!

Edited by Devilsdude530

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LET'S GO DEVILS WOOOO!

It's time to get back on the horse, and a win against the very good-looking ex-champs would help.

Although I think we'll be running into a train tonight, they're coming off a good game against the NYR and a losing streak, and they're turning it back up. The only promising thing is the NYR had lots of shots against them...the thing that isn't promising is we're about as good as finishing chances as the NYR are, and they are great counterpunchers.

LETS GO DEVILS!@#%#!@#%^%

I just about hate EVERYTHING about this Duck team to the pussywhipped brothers, the overrated fat boy goalie and the docuhe GM... this tonight is my own personal Stanley Cup Finals... and I hope this team plays AS SUCH FOR ONCE!!!!

(and BTW I should be REAL easy to spot tonight :evil: )

Just so you know, there are going to be Ranger/Flyer fans watching this game anticipating you all to boo the crap out of Nieds. Please guys, disappoint them.

Give him a standing ovation, or just don't say anything at all. After all, he's just another player on another team.

Let's Go Devils.

Edited by CaptainPatrik

Just so you know, there are going to be Ranger/Flyer fans watching this game anticipating you all to boo the crap out of Nieds. Please guys, disappoint them.

Give him a standing ovation, or just don't saying anything at all. After all, he's just another player on another team.

Let's Go Devils.

I don't get this whole be classy thing and I say this as someone that doesn't have the same vitriol towards Nieds as most (or really any at all). But why the hell should we have to give him a standing ovation when he voluntarily left? Whatever the reason he left, it's our right as paying customers to boo the fvcker if we choose to when he comes back in another uniform the same we would any other opposition player :P Besides, I'm far more concerned with how we treat people that are still here (cough Gionta cough) than people who left.

And if Devil fans do give him a standing ovation or don't vociferoiusly boo then they're the biggest phonies out there after all the tough talk I've read around here and other places the last few years.

Edited by Hasan4978

I can honestly say that as a longtime Devils fan since Day 1 in 1982, I don't automatically vociferously boo past Devils greats on their return to New Jersey. I usually save that reaction for the few who choose to join the Dark Side -- i.e. the Rangers and/or Flyers -- guys like Gomez and Holik.

Nobody's saying to cheer Scott Niedermayer throughout the whole game. But a nice applause upon his introduction, or the first time he steps out onto the ice, or touches the puck -- that would be nice.

I in no way think he wanted to screw the Devils when he left.

If this game isnt close to a sellout I would be disappointed. 2003 finals rematch, team full of good players, defending champs, nieder's return, friday night with no other local pro or college sports competition. And dont tell me Are you smarter than a 5th grader was on if the crowd turns out to be small.

As for Nieds, why in the world would anyone boo, or not cheer this man on his return? He gave 13 great seasons, went out west for a new challenge and to be with his brother. Thats reason to boo? Then boo our 3 cups then.

Give him a standing ovation, or just don't saying anything at all. After all, he's just another player on another team.

Let's Go Devils.

What the fargo? Like we give a hoot what they think of us?

What the fargo? Like we give a hoot what they think of us?

I guess you think you're... you know like an authority figure, with that stupid fargoing uniform, huh buddy? King clip-on-tie there, big fargoing man huh? You know these are the limits of your life man. The rule of your little forging gate here. Here's your 4 dollars you pathetic piece of poo!

Thanks for putting that movie in my head.