Cam Janssen Appreciation Thread

devilsrule33

I'll remember giving him that sucker punch card picture I made with a fight he had in albany... and he turns to skrlac (him and rob were refs for a charity hockey game) and goes "Hey Rob isn't this the game you fought Emery??"

ah that was a cool day!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Kaberle hit game. I'll never forget the way the paramedics kept falling down on the ice.

The fight against Tucker was amzing. That b@stard Tucker was bashing Cam in the face with his own helmet, but Cam just kept on punching away.

The Devils need an enforcer of that quality, an enforcer that kicks some serious ass. Someone to put fear into the other team. Our 4th liners at the moment are good at sticking up for teammates, but they don't instill the fear Cam could. Nobody on our roster can.

Edited by DevilsRule2008

myfavorite cam moment is when he scored his first goal. i was waiting for it for ever and i finialy was able to see it happen live. it was my first devils game in years i was really excited to see a fight live, and of course cam was in it, and when he cam out of the penatly box he was able pull out the goal. i went nuts. i could not belive i saw him score his first goal.

he was my favorite fourth liner in many years and im gonna miss the engergy he brought to the ice

The Devils need an enforcer of that quality, an enforcer that kicks some serious ass.

Years ago that would have been true, but in today's NHL players like that are out of place. You can't just give up the roster spot to someone who is that one dimensional. I loved the guy but you could see the writing on the wall.

Is Cam a UFA at the end of the year? Maybe he's just a rental for St Louis' Stanley Cup run.

Nah, he's signed for another year or 2 after this one, then I believe he's still only a RFA. A guy with his style isn't made for a long career, but I'd love to see him in the red and black way down the line. Maybe Lou will keep and eye on him to see if he ever becomes a more complete player.

The 'problem' with Cam wasn't his lack of puck skills, it was the fact that he wasn't a true enforcer. He was going to get beat by the Laraques, Boogards, and Parros's - he's just not big enough to beat them consistently. As a physical player he provided enough value to a team to play at least half their games - and if he could stay out of the box, he'd certainly be a valuable guy to have around pounding on opposing defensemen in the playoffs.

Every shift Cam Janssen got was exciting to me, whether the Devils were ahead or behind by five. He was, the man, for his time and place.

• 3 years later...