Over the Years: MARKETING & PROMOTION THREAD

DevilinLA

Dear Devils Marketing & Promotions Department,

We Really enjoyed ________________. That was a great idea, we would love if you guys offered this or something similar again next season!

Brodeurly,

NJ DEVILS FANS

Guys, I am really interested in seeing what many have thought were some of the best promotions, giveaways, or special nights over the history of the organization(CAA or Rock). Which of these made you really glad that you went to that particular game, or really inspired you to go.

Maybe this list can generate some feedback ideas for 2008-2009.

If you've got a REASONABLE new idea...list it (not Marty come to my house and plays goal while me and my family shoots night!). From a promotion standpoint - whatt would be a cool incentive.

Have at it!!!!!!!!

Edited by DevilinLA

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolla soda dolla' hot doggity doo. Great promotion and got a good turnout for a game against the 'Yotes.

I go regardless of whether or not there's any promos going on (I can't think of any promo that went on that changed my mind about attending any particular game), but I agree...the double dollar deal was an excellent idea...especially for families with lots o' kids who don't get to go to a whole lot of games.

Now that the franchise is actually acknowleging their Scouts and Rockies roots, they should really host a couple of throwback nights (especially one where they break out the Christmas classics)...this past season I saw more Scouts, Rockies, and Christmas jerseys than ever...might as well go with it. I'd like to see the franchise try to bring back some old-school Devil players for such an evening while they're at it, have some other events...really do it up.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Picking Martin Brodeur. :P

Free puck night... always great after bad calls. If we had a superstar scorer free hat night could be a sight to see. Speaking of which, were the only 2 devils to have hat tricks this past season Zach Parise and John Madden? I can't recall anyone else.

/tangent

Pando and Parise were the only trickers this season.

Sigh...

I really liked the idea of commorative prints for Opening night and Stevens Hall of Fame night. Stevens night was the only game I bought extra with my partial plan. I would have went anyway so the promotion wasn't an extra incentive to go, but it was a nice bonus. Dollar hot dogs and soda don't do anything for me. A lot of people liked the concept but the application left much to be desired. People sitting around me were complaning that the lines were so long they missed at least a whole period waiting.

Now something I would like to see different. I bought a weekend partial plan in the balcony section 101. Yes I got $2.00 off per ticket. However, it seemed that most games I had tickets for were half off for my section and others around it. I should have just bought tickets on a per game basis instead of a ticket plan. I would hope the Devils will get a little more creative with their ticket pricing. (But I don't think it will happen.)

I thought Madden had a trick against the leafs early in the season - like the first month or so... :noclue:

Oh if he did then cool! I must of missed that.

I remember that sweet shorthanded slapper he had against the leafs.

Oh if he did then cool! I must of missed that.

I remember that sweet shorthanded slapper he had against the leafs.

Nope, I'm on drugs (literally - codeine for a pinched nerve) and was thinking of this game - 2 seasons ago for crying out loud... and he wasn't even the hat trick - he got 3 goals, but the 3rd was the game winner in the shootout.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore;_ylt=...?gid=2006101211

Gionta had the hat trick in the 3rd period.

The last hat trick Madden had was against the Rangers in the playoffs. http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore;_ylt=...?gid=2006042411

(literally - codeine for a pinched nerve)

:boogie:

Dear Devils Marketing & Promotions Department,

Brodeurly,

NJ DEVILS FANS

LOL! I am going to sign all of my correspondence letters like this. I never thought Brodeur could be used as an adverb.

Raising the SCC, EC and Atlantic Division banners were always the best. Getting the small replica SCC banners were nice along with the retired #4 and #3 mini banners for retired players Stevens and Daneyko.

The Devils hat giveaway was also good.

The Devils are 0-2 last season when they had the dollar hot dog nights. :P

The best Devils promotion I ever went to ... Ken Daneyko bobbleheads.

The best hockey promotion I ever went to ... when the Flyers gave out Donald Brashear bobblehands dolls. Seriously. The head stayed still, but his gloves shook like hell. Hate the Flyers, but that's freakin genius.

Magnetic Schedule night is always a go for me. I'm lost without that thing greeting me before every bowl of Apple Jacks in the morning ;)

Nothing beats walking into the building and being handed a rally-towel during the playoffs. fvck thunderstix!!!

Forget the promotions and install fair and reasonable ticket pricing. After you buy a ticket plan you find out everyone sitting around you is doing so at a cheaper price because of single game price discounts.How fair is that to loyalty?

It's like being on an airplane, LOL!